Principal PMO Manager - Flexible and hybrid working options
Working with us:
We encourage applicants from anywhere in the UK – as long as you’re able to be in the Mansfield office for a minimum of 1-2 days a week and attend our regular team meetings in person, we embrace a hybrid working model as much as possible.
We offer different ways to work flexibly, and the following types of flexibility are usually possible: job share, flexible hours, working from home for part of the week and compressed hours. Please feel free to talk about what flexibility means to you at your interview.
Who we are:
Here at the Coal Authority, we really are a great team to work with. We’re united in our passion and commitment to make a better future for people and the environment in mining areas.
We carry out a wide variety of essential services from responding to coal mining hazards, to keeping people and the environment safe from mine water pollution.
We are excited about what our future holds. Our work is helping to develop a new sustainable source of renewable energy for the UK. By harnessing the energy from mine water heat, we hope to play a key role towards helping the UK to meet net-zero emissions by 2050.
We truly are a supportive organisation where we all live and breathe our values. We are inclusive, trusted and progressive in everything that we do.
With a genuine commitment to flexible working, we believe that work life balance is incredibly important. There are a number of wonderful benefits that you’ll access being a part of our inclusive team including 27.5 days holiday (with an additional 6 days flexi time), an option to work in a hybrid way, a great civil service pension scheme, generous gym membership contribution, and support for your professional membership.
About the role:
The Principal PMO Manager role is a varied and challenging role which shapes the delivery of programmes and projects across the Authority.
- Leading a team of PMO professionals to provide assurance and support to a diverse range of programmes.
- Acting as critical friend and a source of knowledge on the management and best practice for programme set ups, management and reporting.
- Provides accountability and assurance to senior leaders and Sponsors on the delivery of Projects and Programmes.
- Co-ordinates capacity planning activity across all corporate Projects and Programmes.
- Leads a Community of Practice group to highlight and implement continuous iterative improvement in the delivery of Projects and Programmes across the Authority.
- Provides assurance to numerous Project and Programme Boards.
You will have:
- Sound knowledge of project and programme management principals. A good understanding of what ‘excellent’ looks like from a PMO and an ability to embed best practice across the authority with enthusiasm.
- The ability to coach and develop the PMO team, leading from the front to ensure the team meets its departmental targets and individuals are able to develop.
- Excellent communication skills, enabling you to work with a variety of stakeholders adapting your communication and work style to effectively support the working practices of different programmes and departments,
- A genuine passion for all things PMO, including providing a Centre of Excellence and leading a Community of Practice ensuring continuous improvement of the Project Delivery and Assurance community across the authority.
- Works to continuously improve the maturity of the PMO at The Coal Authority.
Equality, Diversity and Inclusion:
The Coal Authority is committed to developing a supportive, inclusive, caring and positive community. We encourage applications from people with the required skills and experience, from different backgrounds, cultures, ethnicities and beliefs. Diversity is vital to our success and innovation and is fundamental to our values of being trusted, inclusive and progressive. We offer a guaranteed interview for candidates with disabilities who meet the basic selection criteria.
Application closing date: Sunday 29th May 2022
For further information and to submit your application please click 'Apply'.