Associate, Junior Product Manager, Technology and Digital Services - Flexible working
Associate, Junior Product Manager, Technology and Digital Services, Enabling Functions
As an Junior Product Manager, you will be joining the UK Digital Services team within our Enabling Functions. Our purpose as a team is to engage with and co-create consumer grade digital experiences for our own employees so that they feel supported and inspired by the firm. In this role, you will be responsible for owning parts of our Product Portfolio, relationships with the business and working alongside our Product Manager as well as the Research, Design & Tech teams. You help drive the product roadmaps for our new digital products and services whilst building long-term relationships with the wider business. You will also play a vital role in the translating research into a product with the team, owning several stages of the delivery lifecycle and advocate our products to the wider business.
You will work alongside a talented team of Service Designers, Business Analysts, UX Designers, Product Managers, Solution Architects, Developers and Quality Engineers to shape, test and validate new products and services that there to create a better experience for our 20,000 Deloitte employees. You will deeply connect with the needs of our employees and business and be a catalyst for driving digital opportunities for change, going from pain to gain. You approach will be agile and iterative, using Agile and Scrum to facilitate innovation, create and maintain products, and focus on delivering value to the business in incremental releases
Specific responsibilities include:
- Collaborate with developers and design teams to clarify requirements and timelines in order to deliver innovative digital solutions
- Coordinating the delivery of cross-functional team
- Contributing to the refinement process for user stories and product vision for existing products
- Support the Product Team to create user stories for multi-disciplinary teams and define the business-driven acceptance criteria
- Working with the developers and testers to sign off quality features have been delivered as expected
- Supporting facilitation of ideation workshops, planning sessions, product definition workshops*, sharing sessions and agile ceremonies (stand-ups, reviews, retrospectives)
- Supporting Research team with interviewing and understanding Desirability of scope. Understanding market insights, users and business needs.
- Supporting the team with various administrative tasks including developing presentations for senior stakeholders
- Identify potential risks, recommending appropriate controls and mitigating actions where appropriate
- Supporting Product Manager with defining Product Roadmaps and strategy for new, emerging products we create
- Creation of communication plans and working alongside the change and communications lead for launch, adoption and continued use of the products we create
- Supporting the creation and tracking of objectives and key results
- Create and own relationships with key stakeholders and business product owners
- Work effectively in diverse teams within an inclusive team culture where people are recognised for their contribution
Your work, your choice
At Deloitte we believe the best impact is the value we add, not the hours we sit at our desk. We carefully consider agile ways of working, both formal and informal, that allow for the best impact for our people and our clients. Please speak to your recruiter about the working pattern that works best for you.
Work pattern: This is a permanent contract opportunity. The role can be worked on a full-time basis.
Your professional experience
- Familiarity with Product Ownership and Product Management practice
- Understanding of the wider end to end delivery of digital solutions
- Familiarity with Agile Scrum methodology
- Familiarity in Design Thinking (optional)
- Strong organisational skills
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Comfortable presenting to varied audiences
- Comfortable working with researchers and designers, for user-centric product design and development
- A strong “can do” attitude with an ability to motivate colleagues to do the same
- A role model as a team player with an ability to work collaboratively and positively with others in an open, friendly, flexible and facilitating manner
- Desire to both develop individually and support the Digital Services team to continually review and develop team methodology and ensure a positive perception and brand for the team.
Your service line: Enabling Functions
At Deloitte, we’re all about making an impact that matters, together. And nowhere is this more apparent than among our 2,000 strong Enabling Functions teams. With our combined specialist skills and business partnering expertise, we provide all the essential strategy, support, and advice our client-facing colleagues need, right across the firm. This enables them to focus all their efforts on delivering the best service possible to their clients. So not only will you be providing world-class support to our internal clients, but you’ll be also making an impact for all the hugely influential organisations Deloitte works with too. Covering all our distinct areas: Human Resources, Clients & Industries, Finance & Legal, Central Business Services, National Quality & Risk Management, Technology & Digital Services, and Real Estate, the opportunities here are vast. And what’s more, you can grow your career in whatever direction you choose. We’ll support you all the way.
Regulation and controls are standard practice in our industry and Deloitte is no exception. These controls provide important legal protection for both you and the firm. We are subject to a number of audit regulations, one of which requires that certain colleagues abide by specific personal independence constraints. This can mean that you and your "Immediate Family Members" are not permitted to hold certain financial interests (shares, funds, bonds etc.) with audit clients of the firm. The recruitment team will provide further detail as you progress through the recruitment process.
Our Purpose & Strategy
To make an impact that matters for our clients, our people and society - defines who we are and what we stand for. Our purpose provides the foundation for our strategy and our aspiration to be the undisputed leader in professional services: this is not about size, it's about being the first choice. The first choice for the largest and most influential clients, and the first choice for the best talent.
What do we do?
Deloitte offers global integrated professional services that include Audit & Assurance, Consulting, Financial Advisory, Legal, Risk Advisory and Tax Consulting. Our approach combines intellectual leadership, industrial expertise, insight, consulting & problem solving capabilities whatever the role, technology revolutions and innovation from multiple disciplines to help our clients excel anywhere in the world.
Beyond the UK: Deloitte North and South Europe
The UK is part of Deloitte North and South Europe (NSE), the second largest member firm in the Deloitte network. Deloitte NSE combines operations in Belgium, Central Mediterranean (Italy, Greece, Malta), Ireland, the Middle East (Bahrain, Cyprus, Egypt, Iraq, Jordan, Kuwait, Lebanon, Libya, Oman, Palestinian Ruled Territories, Qatar, Saudi Arabia, United Arab Emirates, Yemen), the Netherlands, the Nordics (Denmark, Finland, Iceland, Norway and Sweden), Switzerland and the UK. Deloitte NSE brings together 2,700 partners and over 50,000 people, combining our unmatched breadth and depth of capabilities in audit and assurance, consulting, financial advisory, risk advisory, and tax and legal across the region. Being part of Deloitte NSE supports our aspiration to be the undisputed leader in professional services and will create more opportunity and growth for our people.
What do we value?
What brings us all together at Deloitte? It’s how we approach the thousands of decisions we make every day. How we behave, our beliefs and our attitudes. In other words: our values. Whatever we do, wherever we are in the world, we lead the way, serve with integrity, take care of each other, foster inclusion, and collaborate for maximum impact. These five shared values lead every decision we make and action we take, guiding us to deliver impact how and where it matters most.
Being a Leader at Deloitte
Cultural fit and purpose-led leadership is crucial for Deloitte. Our leaders always set the example and inspire their colleagues. They make quality time for people and take an interest in them. They know what matters to people - both inside and outside work – and value them as individuals; always finding opportunities to develop them while showing respect and appreciation.
We expect colleagues at all levels to embrace and live our purpose and our leadership culture by challenging themselves to identify issues that are most important for our clients, our people, and for society and make an impact that matters. We know leadership comes in all shapes and sizes, but our Leadership Charter helps all of our people understand what we’re looking for:
- We live our purpose: we act as a role model, embracing and living our purpose and values, and recognising others for the impact they make
- We develop talent: we develop high-performing people and teams through challenging and meaningful opportunities
- We drive performance: we deliver exceptional client service; maximise results and drive high performance from people while fostering collaboration across businesses and borders
- We believe positive influence can make an impact that matters: we influence clients, teams, and individuals positively, leading by example and establishing confident relationships with increasingly senior people
- We move, together, towards a strategic direction: we understand key objectives for clients and Deloitte, aligning people to objectives and setting priorities and direction.
Please click 'Apply' to submit your application