Colleague Relations Senior Manager - Flexible and hybrid working available
5 days left
- Contract Type
At Lloyds Banking Group (LBG), we have a clear mission to Help Britain Prosper by creating a more sustainable and inclusive future for people and businesses, shaping finance as a force for good. Our mission is everything. It's what drives us, what makes us different and defines how we will grow. It's how we'll create a future where our planet is cared for, people feel safe and included and businesses and communities can thrive.
In LBG we will lead in the bold decisions we will make for the workplace we create. We will search for new ways to work with people, communities and businesses, to always evolve with their needs. And we will never stop innovating to make sustainable, ethical choices easy and rewarding.
We are reshaping financial services so they'll work for Britain, for generations to come.
As a Senior Manager in Colleague Relations, you will be pioneering and challenge how we can do things differently. You will work hard to improve how we manage complex change and build trust with our people. You will drive inclusion by shaping what we do and what we offer around different needs and circumstances. You will always consider the direct and indirect impact of our decisions on nature and Britain's transition to net zero. You will always look for ways to help people feel more supported and in control and confident about their future. You will lead, design and innovate on industrial relations and engagement approach. You will design strategies, consider new ways of doing things and engage with senior stakeholders across the business.
The entire Team has always adopted hybrid way of working and many of the Team work from home. There will be some travel to the major sites from time to time for Team events and some meetings and this can be planned in advance. We are open to discussion on other agile and flexible working patterns.
- Manages the strategic relationship with our recognised trade unions Accord & Unite and contributes to the development of people policy and employment contracts.
- Uses technical knowledge and experience of industrial relations law, employment law, best practice and knowledge of ACAS Codes of Practice to shape propositions, responses and direction.
- Uses knowledge and experience of external insight and practices to shape strategy and approach.
- Uses data to shape responses and to innovate different outcomes.
- Provides bespoke help and support to the Group Head of Colleague Relations and Policy and supports the strategic planning and delivery of the work of the Colleague Relations and Policy Team.
- Has a change mindset and is continuously striving for continuous improvement.
- Works closely with other subject matter experts and key internal clients to deliver key programmes of work to ensure business satisfaction.
- Analyses key themes using data from a wide range of sources and identifies possible impacts on the business.
- Takes responsibility for informally coaching and mentoring others throughout the Team and the organisation. Takes responsibility for and investing in own personal development.
- Initiates, formulates and implements new business practices for own discipline, while managing the development and/or delivery of a significant element of the organisation's change management programme.
- Develops functional or operational policies and participates in developing policy frameworks for area of responsibility or department, creating underlying procedures and monitoring their implementation within the organisation.
- Manages and delivers required outcomes for a portfolio of projects while reporting to senior colleagues.
- Makes a significant improvement on short-term or long-term business performance by recommending authoritative technical and/or professional solutions.
- Manages a significant portion of the organisation's risk management and/or control process, contributing to the development and implementation of risk management policies and procedures.
- Identifies and evaluates complex expertise-led solutions against a range of criteria to find the ones that best meet business needs.
Key Skills / Experience
- Strong knowledge and experience of industrial relations law, employment law, best practice and knowledge of ACAS Codes of Practice to shape propositions, responses and direction.
- Keeps on top of changes in the external industrial relations and employment law practices, bringing insight and knowledge of practices to shape strategy and approach. Has a good external network.
- Confident in using and analysing data to shape recommendations and responses to different situations impacting on the business.
- Proven experience in delivering large and complex programmes of work, working with teams of subject matter experts from across the business.
- Experience in development of functional or operational policies, including creation of underlying procedures and monitoring implementation.
- Able to demonstrate an understanding of the development and implementation of risk management policies and procedures.
And in return:
It is a very exciting time to join LBG. Together we'll continue our market leading, ground breaking transformation and you'll help us realise the Group's vision to become the Best Bank for Customers. Here, you'll grow as a person and develop your career.
In addition to the salary quoted (which is dependant upon location and experience), the position also offers:
- Discretionary Performance Share Award
- Generous pension contribution
- A flex benefits cash pot you can adjust to suit your lifestyle (4% on top of your basic salary)
- Private health cover
- Share schemes
- 30 days holiday plus bank holidays
Our continued commitment to helping Britain recover means that as a colleague you can make a difference to customers, businesses and communities.
Together we have a key role to play in shaping the bank of the future, whilst the scale and reach of our Group means you'll continue to have opportunities to learn, grow and develop.
We're committed to building a workforce which reflects the diversity of the customers and communities we serve, and to building an inclusive environment where all our colleagues can be themselves and succeed on merit. We support the principles of agile working and are happy to consider flexible working arrangements. We're an equal opportunity employer and deeply value diversity within our organisation
Please get in touch if you need us to make any reasonable adjustments for you.
So if you have the skills we're looking for, we'd love to hear from you!
Together we make it possible!