zDB2 Systems Programmer Product Owner - Open to flexible working
6 days left
- Contract Type
Lloyds Banking Group is the UK's biggest Digital, Retail and Commercial bank seeking to help Britain prosper. And we're transforming our products and platforms with £3bn of investment to become the bank of the future. So with 789 software systems and 26,000 servers we're servicing 80,000 colleagues, 30m+ customers and over 14m+ online users you can be confident our IT professionals have sizeable and exciting challenges every single day.
Could you help us make this possible?
As a DB2 Systems Programmer Product Owner on the zSeries Mainframe you'll be the technical authority for this area and be responsible for all products and day to day resource management of the team using demand planning and liaising with other product owners in the Z platform. This is a technical lead role still so is still partly a hands-on role where you'll configure and maintain products and services according to Group standards and policies (and to agreed service levels) and will assist with the delivery of projects within z/Database environments. Additionally, you'll provide technical support (including incident and problem resolution for systems and processes in complex environments)
Principle Accountabilities include but are not limited to:
- Responsible for all z/DB products and their exploitation
- Demand planning and day to day management of the DB sys prog team
- Support and implement changes to the Db2 estate within LBG as required.
- Resolution of incidents and problems across the LBG estate in line with LBG KPI's.
- Represent z/Database support team in WAR room/conference calls with incident management and technical teams in order to restore service.
- Working with security teams to maintain and deliver the Bank's strategy in regards to access within mainframe database products
- Provide 24x7 support and provide out of hours support for projects and other team workload as required.
- Work effectively with the wider z/Database team to ensure the smooth transition of projects into live service.
- Provide consultancy skills to Application teams as required.
Key Capabilities/ Knowledge:
- Previous experience in a technical team lead role
- Experience of database performance tuning and diagnosis.
- Proven ability to work with key stakeholders and communicate technical issues and concepts in an appropriate manner.
- Highly motivated and supportive/team player with a strong delivery ethic, willing to work unsociable hours when required and at short notice to support incidents and delivery of key projects.
- Proven ability to recognise and drive through improvements related to products and processes across the z/Database Platform.
- Manage the Sign-off that solution/service is fit for Production environment as part of Gateway, working effectively with the wider team to ensure an efficient handover to support
- Expert DB2 knowledge on the z/platform
- Knowledge BMC utilities and DB2 V11 / V12 features an advantage
- Strong delivery experience ideally operating in varied IT environments or companies
- Demonstrable experience of commercial and organisational awareness and working with 3rd Parties.
You'd get a benefits package that includes;
- A performance related bonus
- Generous pension contribution
- 30 Days leave plus bank holidays
- A flexible cash pot (4% of base salary) to spend on benefits
- Private health cover
- Wider corporate benefits and perks
We're dedicated to giving you opportunities and support to develop you both expertly and personally to optimise your potential.
As a new colleague, you'll join us on our journey to build a 21st century bank that reflects modern Britain, and build an inclusive culture where all colleagues feel encouraged and valued.
We're committed to building a workforce which reflects the diversity of the customers and communities we serve, and to building an inclusive environment where all our colleagues can be themselves and succeed on merit. We support the principles of agile working and are happy to consider flexible working arrangements. We're an equal opportunity employer and deeply value diversity within our organisation.
Together we make it possible.