Lead Software Engineer - Open to flexible working
6 days left
- Contract Type
LBG is on a mission to build the bank of the future, and we need your help to do it! Continuing our extensive transformation programme, we're redefining what a bank is from the inside out. Our technology, our culture, and our mind-set is changing to craft a true engineering-led organisation.
The Customer Data Services (CDS) Lab operates within the Enterprise Data Value Stream with a purpose of "Delivery and care of our customer data, making it available for the right purpose with the appropriate confidentiality and ensuring resilience and integrity at all times."
The Lab contains engineering colleagues who are committed to be data led in everything we do from solution design to assessing delivery excellence in a customer centric model. We support group Customer data systems critical to the provision of a 24*7 category A system underpinning group digital online channels, customer journeys and big data systems.
Delivering what our customers want is at the heart of our business and this is true in the Lab where we deliver both products and experiences to make customer data an accessible asset for group digital and analytics platforms and colleagues.
We use the latest tools and techniques to ensure data quality and Application Programming Interface (API) systems that will allow a smooth access and interaction with Customer Data enabling the bank of the future, working collaboratively with all stakeholders.
What you'll do
As a Lead software engineer in CDS team you will be expected to help build and shape the engineering team capability to both support existing technologies and applications as well as adopting cloud technologies amongst various innovative and emerging technologies to build the bank of the future.
- We're responsible for crafting outstanding data quality solutions and API capabilities for the group using technical expertise to support change delivery through modern engineering tools and methods.
- We work as a skilled cohesive team delivering architecture, infrastructure, frameworks and services that underpin the bank's Customer system of record.
- We build & deliver customer centric outcomes whilst also supporting the financial, commercial, compliance and risk interests of the organisation.
- We nurture our teams, support them through a culture of openness and trust, providing everyone an opportunity to grow.
- We have a strong passion and technical understanding of how to acquire, organise and present data through a variety of access systems.
- As a valued member of our team, you will be expected to provide support, knowledge and mentoring to the teams. This includes helping teams to use the best engineering practices, tooling and methods and to encourage them to contribute towards inner-source activities and self-development forums.
What we would like to see in you……
We're specifically looking for these skills:
- Experience of leading and embedding engineering transformation initiatives across teams.
- A strong Engineering background with broad knowledge of tools, techniques, and platforms, including cloud hosting.
- 5+ years of combined experience in software development, skilled in one or more language such as Java, Scala
- Experience working with Spring, Hibernate, REST APIs, JSON, Microservices
- Passionate about continuous integration, continuous delivery and automation
- Experience working with container environments in particular Docker, Kubernetes and Helm
- Knowledge and experience of agile principles and practices
- Able to listen, reflect and respect the views of others as well as being able to communicate your own opinion but you're not strongly tied to it
- A self-starter, who encourages and motivates the teams around you
In addition the following skills/experience are desirable, but not essential:
- Experience of cloud computing platforms such as Google Cloud Platform, Azure or AWS or any other would be a bonus.
- Able to contribute in defining objectives to continuously improve and measure metrics
We deeply value diversity, and are proudly committed to being an equal opportunity employer.
If this is you, come and join our inclusive, values-led culture passionate about making a difference.
So what can we offer you in return?
Whatever your aspiration, you can also expect excellent benefits, personal development and a career that's enriching and full of opportunity.
We'll also ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process and to perform crucial job functions and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment.
You'll also receive a package that includes:
- Discretionary bonus
- Cash sum of 4% which you can exchange for a variety of benefits or simply take the cash
- Private Medical Insurance
- Pension, where we'll give up to a max of 15%
- Share plans
- 30 days holiday plus bank holidays
Are you interested in joining us? Apply today, we'd love to hear from you...
Together we'll make it possible...