Key Account Manager CKD (Wales & West Midlands) - Flexible and hybrid working available
Approximately 1 in 10 patients worldwide are affected by chronic kidney disease (CKD), many of whom experience the complication of anaemia which currently leaves them with symptoms that can dramatically reduce quality of life and increase risk of cardiovascular disease, hospitalisation and mortality. At GSK, we are following the science of anaemia to better understand how to help these patients, who are often undiagnosed and undertreated. GSK is proud to be expanding team working on CKD and we are seeking experienced and passionate professionals to join our exciting journey.
Key Account Manager CKD UK (Wales & West Midlands)
This is a territory role, meaning the successful candidate will be able to work remotely within the above territory but with some expectations of national travel and attendance to head office as required.
An exciting opportunity has arisen for a results focused professional with strong business acumen and renal/specialty experience to drive the commercial success of our product launch in the UK by:
Key Responsibilities will be:
- Drive uptake of our CKD medicine in Key Hospital accounts and manage both the main and satellite units. Build insight of key accounts and customers to identify their needs and tailor appropriate approaches. Feedback relevant intelligence to support central planning and future activities and to optimise the launch e.g. evidence generation or development of tools/services. Understand central reimbursement and commissioning decisions and how these impact specific accounts; including guidance from NICE, NHSE, SMC.
- Build trust and relationships with all the relevant stakeholders across multiple care settings to develop areas of mutual interest. Priority customers – Decision makers in main and satellite units (Nephrologists, Specialist Nurse, Pharmacist) and local budget holders as the ICS develop. Understand the impact of individual customers and their interdependencies and utilise this knowledge to drive appropriate actions that are business savvy, to deliver on the account plan.
- Tailor appropriate solutions to identified barriers, in order to improve patient access to deliver value to the patient, HCP and GSK.
- Demonstrate measurable progress against account plans, in line with GSK policy, using clearly defined KPIs e.g. proposals on investment decisions, budget management across projects, delivery against project milestones
- Clearly communicate the CKD medicine data to customers, articulating the benefits for patients, and system/NHS benefits where appropriate, to move them along the customer journey
- Confidently draw on medical, MSL and Health Outcomes colleagues, to support queries and other customer needs, coordinating their activity to deliver on account plans
- Develop and mobilize External Expert (EE) endorsement and positive opinion to build advocacy amongst other EEs across multiple accounts
- Map the service pathway to identify barriers & pinch points to initiating and maintaining CKD treatment.
- Understand and map patient pathways for local areas to identify ways to optimise the CKD medicine patient experience (e.g. supporting adherence, patient understanding of their medicine)
- Degree level
- Current ABPI certification
- Preferred qualifications:
- NHS knowledge and understanding of specialised commissioning and key policies
- Ideally experience working in a specialised disease area (Nephrology) or relevant alternative therapeutic areas.
- Proven ability to work across boundaries with highly specialised external experts and internal stakeholders
- Expertise and demonstrated skills in account management
- Ability to communicate complex ideas in a simple way
- Project Management skills, including the ability to implement, monitor and review projects
- Interpersonal, communication and influencing skills – both internal and external
- Demonstrated ability to analyse and assimilate data
At GSK, we have already delivered unprecedented change over the past four years, improving R&D, becoming a leader in Consumer Healthcare, strengthening our leadership, and transforming our commercial execution. Now, we’re making the most significant changes we’ve made to our business in over 20 years. We’re on track to separate and create two new companies in 2022: New GSK with a leading portfolio of vaccines and specialty medicines as well as R&D based on immune system and genetics science; and a new world-leading consumer healthcare company of loved and trusted brands.
With new ambition comes new purpose. For New GSK, this is to unite science, talent, and technology to get ahead of disease together – all with the clear ambition of delivering human health impact; stronger and more sustainable shareholder returns; and as a new GSK where outstanding people thrive.
Getting ahead means preventing disease as well as treating it. How we do all this is through our people and our culture. A culture that is ambitious for patients – so we deliver what matters better and faster; accountable for impact – with clear ownership of goals and support to succeed; and where we do the right thing. So, if you’re ready to improve the lives of billions, join us at this exciting moment in our journey. Join our challenge to get Ahead Together.
Inclusion & Diversity at GSK:
Inclusion and diversity at GSK are key for our success. Here, you will thrive through bringing your unique experiences to both our company and the recruitment process. We want you to be you, feel good and keep growing your career.
GSK is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. Applicants will travel through a transparent recruitment journey that adheres to all required employment standards and regulations. Beyond this, we commit to our values of integrity and respect towards every applicant.
We want to hear from you and support with any adjustments that you may require during the recruitment process. Please get in touch with our Recruitment Team (contact email) to further discuss this today.
We will request equal opportunities information from you and whilst disclosure is optional, we encourage you to be open, enabling us to monitor the inclusivity of our recruitment practices for the benefit of everyone. Your data will remain confidential, is never shared with our Hiring Managers and never affects the status of your application. *Local restrictions/legal requirements
As a company driven by our values of Patient focus, Transparency, Respect and Integrity, we know inclusion and diversity are essential for us to be able to succeed. We want all our colleagues to thrive at GSK bringing their unique experiences, ensuring they feel good and to keep growing their careers. As a candidate for a role, we want you to feel the same way.
As an Equal Opportunity Employer, we are open to all talent. In the US, we also adhere to Affirmative Action principles. This ensures that all qualified applicants will receive equal consideration for employment without regard to race/ethnicity, colour, national origin, religion, gender, pregnancy, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, age, disability, genetic information, military service, covered/protected veteran status or any other federal, state or local protected class*(*US only).
We believe in an agile working culture for all our roles. If flexibility is important to you, we encourage you to explore with our hiring team what the opportunities are.
As you apply, we will ask you to share some personal information which is entirely voluntary. We want to have an opportunity to consider a diverse pool of qualified candidates and this information will assist us in meeting that objective and in understanding how well we are doing against our inclusion and diversity ambitions. We would really appreciate it if you could take a few moments to complete it. Rest assured, Hiring Managers do not have access to this information and we will treat your information confidentially.
Important notice to Employment businesses/ Agencies
GSK does not accept referrals from employment businesses and/or employment agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site. All employment businesses/agencies are required to contact GSK's commercial and general procurement/human resources department to obtain prior written authorization before referring any candidates to GSK. The obtaining of prior written authorization is a condition precedent to any agreement (verbal or written) between the employment business/ agency and GSK. In the absence of such written authorization being obtained any actions undertaken by the employment business/agency shall be deemed to have been performed without the consent or contractual agreement of GSK. GSK shall therefore not be liable for any fees arising from such actions or any fees arising from any referrals by employment businesses/agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site.