Senior Risk Analyst - Open to flexible working
1 day left
- Contract Type
LBG are the UK's biggest mortgage provider in the market, lending in excess of £300 billion to help our customers buy homes. Mortgage Credit Risk are responsible for the lending strategy, risk appetite, portfolio insight and performance monitoring of the Retail mortgage portfolio, covering Residential and Buy To Let loans across all brands.
Our team purpose is to deliver responsible and sustainable lending to help customers buy a home. We do this by taking ownership to act, while supporting each other and valuing difference. This is key in Helping Britain Prosper.
You'll be part of a collaborative team delivering insight through analytics to help manage the risks associated with our mortgage lending. We're continually using our knowledge and analytics to improve credit decisions and maximise the efficiency of the credit decisioning systems. We oversee key aspects of the portfolio to ensure we're acting in the best interests of our customers and we support the business to deliver safe and sustainable growth.
As a senior credit risk analyst on the team, you'll use a variety of analytical approaches to provide technical insight on the Mortgage Credit Risk strategies. You will scope, define and deliver analysis to support the team goals, using SAS or Excel daily to interrogate complex data and translate outputs into meaningful conclusions. You will form relationships with the wider Risk team and 1st line business areas, providing technical leadership and mentoring to junior analysts in the team.
It's an exciting time to be joining the Mortgages team. The Group has set out its ambitions to become a market leader in low emissions and sustainability and mortgages are a key part of that plan. If you want to support the Bank on its journey to be carbon zero by 2030, come and join us.
What are we looking for?
You'll need to have some experience in credit risk and have the analytical skills to deliver insights and proposals to ensure we continue to lend safely. As a senior analyst in the team, junior colleagues will look to you to set a good example in organising your work and continually developing yourself, as well as coaching and supporting others. The list here gives you information about the qualifications, skills and experience we're looking for. We don't expect you to be advanced in them all already, but be prepared to learn on the job and have the motivation to develop.
- Strong numerate skills and qualifications - a degree (or equivalent) in a numerate subject with knowledge of advanced analytical techniques.
- Analytical expertise - practical experience of using analytical software and coding, such as SAS, and be confident in using Microsoft Office, particularly Excel and Powerpoint.
- Logical and analytical mindset - the ability to work quickly and at a high level of detail and accuracy.
- Knowledge of credit risk and change management - an understanding of what credit risk is and how we manage it with strategies and scorecards.
- Effective communicator - ability to explain complicated issues clearly to different audiences; technical, non-technical, junior colleagues and senior management; both verbally and non-verbally.
- Self starter - a high level of creativity, drive, innovation and initiative.
- Enthusiasm for problem solving - When the answer isn't in the data, sometimes you need to look elsewhere, and this takes a curious, creative attitude and logical thinking to explore the problem and find a solution.
- Proficient in PowerBI
- Coaching junior members of the team and overseeing aspects of their work
- Deputising for Management where required and supporting them to shape initiatives
What will you get in return?
A very fair reward package, including 28 days holiday, generous pension contributions and additional 4% of your salary to be used within our Flex scheme. Your salary is dependent upon location and experience. You'll learn new skills and be given opportunities to grow and develop to help you achieve a rewarding and fulfilling career. We're a very supportive team who care about your wellbeing. Our Hybrid ways of working means that you can find a work-life balance that suits you, with a mix of home and office working.
We're committed to building a workforce which reflects the diversity of the customers and communities we serve. So, if you'd like to come and work with us in a supportive and exciting credit risk role, we would love to hear from you!
Together we make it possible!