1 day left
- Contract Type
Bristol (with hybrid working)
Development Initiatives applies the power of data and evidence to build sustainable solutions.
Our mission is to work closely with partners to ensure data-driven evidence and analysis are used effectively in policy and practice to end poverty, reduce inequality and increase resilience.
While data alone cannot bring about a better world, it is vital to achieving it. Data has the power to unlock insight, shine a light on progress and empower people to increase accountability.
We are now looking for a Programme Officer, to join our team in Bristol on a permanent, full-time basis.
- Salary of ??27,000 - ??30,000 per annum
- 25 days' holiday pro rata, plus all Bank/public holidays
- Pension scheme with 5% employer contribution
- Flexible working arrangements (e.g. homeworking, flexitime)
- Healthcare scheme with employee assistance programme
- Paid study leave and financial support
- Paid professional membership fees
- Buy and sell holiday scheme
- Cycle to work scheme
- Informal work environment (e.g. casual dress)
- Free access to the on-site gym in the Bristol office
- Up to five days' paid leave to volunteer for causes that address poverty and help vulnerable people
This is a terrific opportunity for an experienced project or programme support professional to join our global organisation.
Wellbeing is a top priority for us which is why we go the extra mile to support our employee's passions and interests both in work and beyond. Whether you require flexible working to support your lifestyle or paid leave to support you with volunteering or additional studies, we will help make it happen.
So, if you would like to contribute to increasing the impact of a passionate organisation committed to ending poverty, then apply today.
As a Programme Officer, you will support our Poverty and Inequality programme, working with a diverse range of people to ensure we deliver on programme aims and objectives.
Liaising with the Programme and Project Management Team, you will identify administrative, system and process gaps, streamlining these areas to increase efficiency.
You will also facilitate team meetings, record minutes and allocate actions, proactively monitoring their status and following up with Project Managers.
Additionally, you will consolidate project updates from our Project Managers and maintain project data in various systems.
To be considered as a Programme Officer, you will need:
- A minimum of two years' experience of, and demonstrated ability in, supporting complex projects and/or programmes
- Experience of budgeting processes and financial reporting
- Knowledge of project management best practice and industry standards
- Excellent organisational skills
Knowledge of poverty and inequality data would be beneficial to your application, as would a demonstrated interest in poverty-related issues.
Other organisations may call this role Project Officer, Charity Programme Officer, Programme Support Officer, Programme Co-ordinator, Project Assistant, or Programme Administrator.
Webrecruit and Development Initiatives are equal opportunities employers, value diversity and are strongly committed to providing equal employment opportunities for all employees and all applicants for employment. Equal opportunities are the only acceptable way to conduct business and we believe that the more inclusive our environments are, the better our work will be.
So, if you want to make a real difference as a Programme Officer, please apply via the button shown. This vacancy is being advertised by Webrecruit. The services advertised by Webrecruit are those of an Employment Agency