Inclusive Design Researcher - Fixed Term, Flexible and hybrid working available
Lloyds Banking Group is the UK's largest Digital, Retail and Commercial Bank, we have a clear purpose; to help Britain prosper and to become the best Financial Services provider for customers. Through our brands, our Group has a relationship with just about every household and community in the UK. We underpin the lives of millions of individuals and businesses, and play a key role in helping to build a growing UK economy.
We're innovating products that help transform customer journeys - making millions of people's lives simpler and better, all over the country, every single day. There's never been a better time to be part of change - help us reinvent the boundaries of banking, and we'll invest in your continued development, so you can craft your future career!
Inclusive Design (ID)is a small team within the wider Customer Experience Design (CXD) team, a group of over 200 multi-disciplinary designers, who share the mission of designing the best possible products and services for our customers.
Want to hear more?
The newly-created ID team will help define the Group's position, strategy and approach to how Inclusive design is considered in different parts of the business, but with a focus on inclusive processes and outcomes in the design and development of our products and services. We'll help provide tangible response to the Group's refreshed Purpose and Values, which reflect the growing regulatory focus on outcomes for customers from the FCA Consumer Duty regulation.
As a Senior Researcher in the ID team you'll report into, and be supported by, the Head of Inclusive Design. You'll work closely with a number of different teams and partners across CXD and the wider Group, thinking strategically about key questions in delivering more inclusive outcomes for customers.
You'll bring your design experience, expertise and passion to the role. The main activities you'll be involved with will be:
- Creating research roadmaps to both shorter term and strategic direction
- Using your experience with a broad range of research techniques and analysis
- Synthesising insights in an impactful and practicable manner to generate a shared understanding of user needs and opportunities
- Building trusted relationships with key partners and influence effectively
- Coaching researchers, designers and other colleagues to value Inclusive Design
- Driving forward the Inclusive Customer strategy for LBG
- Understanding when to use qualitative and quantitative research
- Bringing a collaborative attitude to work closely and quickly with a multi-disciplinary team.
- Possessing a growth mentality and be keep to adopt new ways of thinking
We don't expect you to have all of the below, but the following experience will help;
- Deep understanding of the needs of vulnerable customers across the financial services sector, through lived experience or deep research experience
- Authentic and credible Inclusive design advocate and communicator; articulate about inclusion and able to share the Inclusive design story simply, with reference to both people-centric and business benefits.
- Empathetic and engaging; you enjoy building relationships and finding opportunities to bring people together. This will be key to building engagement across the business.
- An early adopter who can introduce and adapt new technologies, to Lloyds, from the wider industry whilst bringing those around you on the journey.
This role will be a hybrid role that mixes remote working with 1 or 2 days a week in the office. The role can be based in one of our hubs in London, Bristol, Halifax or Edinburgh.
What you'll get in return?
We'll give you a broad remuneration package which includes:
- A performance share bonus.
- A generous pension contribution.
- A flex cash pot that can be adjusted to suit your lifestyle.
- Private health cover.
- 30 days holiday plus bank holidays.
You'll join us in building a 21st century bank, and craft an inclusive culture where all colleagues feel encouraged and valued. We're committed to building a workforce which reflects the diversity of the customers and communities we serve, and to building an inclusive environment. We support the principles of agile working, we're an equal opportunity employer and deeply value diversity within our organisation.
So if you possess the skills we're seeking then get in touch, we'd love to hear from you!
Together we make it possible.
***This is a Fixed Term Contract position for a 6 month period***