Senior Security Engineer - Open to flexible working
Lloyds Banking Group are the UK's biggest Retail, Digital and Mobile bank with over 30 million customers. Our products touch the lives of millions, so we have a big responsibility to help Britain Prosper.
We're looking for a Senior Cyber Security Engineer to join a growing team of Specialists. You'll shape and influence an array of ground-breaking projects to ensure they're secure by design. With your team of Security Engineers, you'll be representing Cyber Security; empowered to guide the engagements at programme level, influence the risks and help the businesses to operate safely.
Can you help us make this possible?
You'll bring your SME knowledge to coach the team and act as a focal point for all cyber security related issues in the projects going on within your aligned business. You'll also represent Cyber Security at local governance forums and working groups whilst collaborating across Engineering and Architectural teams to influence design decisions and agree secure solutions. You'll also be providing guidance and direction to more junior colleagues, nurturing their skills and ensuring we deploy the right people on the right projects at the right time
This is a technical role, but not at a coding level - however, we'll expect you to have a firm appreciation of Cyber Security elements in order to produce and review architectural designs. You'll also need to possess the presence and confidence in this knowledge to influence senior business and technical leaders. If you have any previous Financial Services experience you can bring to this role, it would be advantageous, but you'll certainly be comfortable navigating across large enterprise scale organisations.
We'll also expect you'll have:
- Previous experience supporting major programmes and other project based activities
- Experience of interpreting highly technical detail, being able to spot the security gaps and then working with the change function to come up with detailed secure solution.
- Experience of designing secure solution, working from requirements through threat modelling and control design.
- Experience of applying both a risk and compliance lens to security designs.
- Threat Modelling experience against an industry used threat framework, STRIDE, MITRE etc.
- Knowledge and skills in supplier assurance, having assessed suppliers using a supplier assurance frameworks, such as the Cloud Security Alliance's Cloud Controls Matrix, ISO27001, NIST etc.
- Good partner management skills
- A track record of supporting multiple projects simultaneously
- A technical background in Cyber Security across a broad range of domains, we need an all rounder ideally possibly evidenced (desirably) by your holding CISSP, CISM etc
- And with our approach of "Cloud first", any experience you have in operating Cyber initiatives on Cloud based platforms would be very beneficial.
What you'll get in return?
We'll give you a broad remuneration package which includes:
- A performance share bonus.
- A generous pension contribution.
- A flex cash pot that can be adjusted to suit your lifestyle.
- Private health cover.
- 30 days holiday plus bank holidays.
You'll join us in building a 21st century bank, and craft an inclusive culture where all colleagues feel encouraged and valued. We're committed to building a workforce which reflects the diversity of the customers and communities we serve, and to building an inclusive environment. We support the principles of agile working, we're an equal opportunity employer and deeply value diversity within our organisation.
So if you possess the skills we're seeking then get in touch, we'd love to hear from you!
Together we make it possible.
***This role can be based out of our Bristol, Manchester, Cardiff, Edinburgh, Leeds or London hubs - we're mainly looking for the above skills. The broad base salary banding across the UK is from £53,000pa to £80,000pa. Salaries in the London area will be reflected towards the upper end of this bracket***