Assistant Manager (Engineer/Project Manager) - Flexible working, Hybrid working
Assistant Manager (Engineer/Project Manager), Real Assets Advisory
This is your opportunity to join Deloitte Real Assets Advisory – a team blending a range of consulting, finance, construction and property skills to address the most complex real estate-related business challenges. Deloitte is one of the world’s leading providers of professional services. We’ve established a new benchmark in how real estate and infrastructure advisory services are delivered, with an unparalleled capability to provide innovative cross service solutions to the most complex property and construction challenges. We provide business consulting services, as well as specialist technical advice, to a wide range of private and public sector clients across the UK and abroad. We can help clients with everything from preparing planning applications to managing complex transformation programmes.
Within Deloitte Real Assets Advisory is our well-established and growing Occupiers & Capital Projects business, which is one of the largest integrated real assets advisory teams in the UK. The team consists of property, finance and construction professionals including, but not limited to, chartered surveyors, project managers, cost consultants, engineers and accountants.
Deloitte supports Agile and Hybrid working
We encourage consideration of flexible ways of working, both formal and informal arrangements that allow for the best outcomes for our people and our clients. If this opportunity is of interest to you with some flexibility, please do discuss with us.
We are currently looking for candidates from an Engineering or Construction Project Management background to join our Occupiers & Capital Projects team. Working here will give you the chance to develop your business consulting skills to build on your existing professional expertise. The caliber of the clients you will work with is exceptionally high and you’ll have the opportunity to develop across different areas as your experience grows. There is a comprehensive suite of learning and development opportunities to support you as your career progresses. As part of the Occupiers & Capital Projects team, there would be a wide range of assignments you might work on, such as:
- Developing the business case and delivery strategy for a major capital investment programme
- Working with corporate real estate teams on their data & management information strategies
- Advising the public sector on a significant policy change and supporting them through its implementation
- Undertaking a business review of a contractor or house builder on behalf of its lending banks
- Working with a cross-firm team on a global cost reduction programme
Within Occupiers & Capital Projects advisory you will:
- Work on a wide range of public and private sector assignments in the UK and overseas
- Work effectively in diverse teams with an inclusive culture where people are recognised for their contribution
- Undertake detailed financial and commercial analysis to solve complex problems
- Prepare reports and presentations to support client conversations
- Engage effectively with stakeholders at all levels of the client organisation right up to Board level
Your work, your choice
At Deloitte we believe the best impact is the value we add, not the hours we sit at our desk. We carefully consider agile ways of working, both formal and informal, that allow for the best impact for our people and our clients. Please speak to your recruiter about the working pattern that works best for you.
Location: Your home office will be London, but this client-facing role provides lots of opportunity for travel in the UK and overseas.
Work pattern: This is a permanent contract opportunity. The role can be worked on a full-time basis.
Your professional experience
- Professionally qualified with relevant qualification - CEng, MICE, ChPP or equivalent qualifications
- Experience in the real estate and/or infrastructure construction sectors
- Excellent analytical skills
- Excellent presentation and report writing skills
- The ability to build strong client relationships
- The ability to travel as required
Your service line: Financial Advisory
Advising clients in the moments that define their business takes multiple layers of expertise. Much more than due-diligence, this is about diverse teams of specialists coming together, crossing service lines and international borders to tackle the many, complex issues involved in major transactions. And we have one of the broadest networks in the business. Here, you’ll find fascinating, career-building projects, market leading approaches, cutting-edge resources, huge clients and inspirational colleagues. As well as opportunities to develop a deep industry or product specialism.
Regulation and controls are standard practice in our industry and Deloitte is no exception. These controls provide important legal protection for both you and the firm. We are subject to a number of audit regulations, one of which requires that certain colleagues abide by specific personal independence constraints. This can mean that you and your "Immediate Family Members" are not permitted to hold certain financial interests (shares, funds, bonds etc.) with audit clients of the firm. The recruitment team will provide further detail as you progress through the recruitment process.
Our Purpose & Strategy
To make an impact that matters for our clients, our people and society - defines who we are and what we stand for. Our purpose provides the foundation for our strategy and our aspiration to be the undisputed leader in professional services: this is not about size, it's about being the first choice. The first choice for the largest and most influential clients, and the first choice for the best talent.
What do we do?
Deloitte offers global integrated professional services that include Audit & Assurance, Consulting, Financial Advisory, Legal, Risk Advisory and Tax Consulting. Our approach combines intellectual leadership, industrial expertise, insight, consulting & problem solving capabilities whatever the role, technology revolutions and innovation from multiple disciplines to help our clients excel anywhere in the world.
Beyond the UK: Deloitte North and South Europe
The UK is part of Deloitte North and South Europe (NSE), the second largest member firm in the Deloitte network. Deloitte NSE combines operations in Belgium, Central Mediterranean (Italy, Greece, Malta), Ireland, the Middle East (Bahrain, Cyprus, Egypt, Iraq, Jordan, Kuwait, Lebanon, Libya, Oman, Palestinian Ruled Territories, Qatar, Saudi Arabia, United Arab Emirates, Yemen), the Netherlands, the Nordics (Denmark, Finland, Iceland, Norway and Sweden), Switzerland and the UK. Deloitte NSE brings together 2,700 partners and over 50,000 people, combining our unmatched breadth and depth of capabilities in audit and assurance, consulting, financial advisory, risk advisory, and tax and legal across the region. Being part of Deloitte NSE supports our aspiration to be the undisputed leader in professional services and will create more opportunity and growth for our people.
What do we value?
What brings us all together at Deloitte? It’s how we approach the thousands of decisions we make every day. How we behave, our beliefs and our attitudes. In other words: our values. Whatever we do, wherever we are in the world, we lead the way, serve with integrity, take care of each other, foster inclusion, and collaborate for maximum impact. These five shared values lead every decision we make and action we take, guiding us to deliver impact how and where it matters most.
Being a Leader at Deloitte
Cultural fit and purpose-led leadership is crucial for Deloitte. Our leaders always set the example and inspire their colleagues. They make quality time for people and take an interest in them. They know what matters to people - both inside and outside work – and value them as individuals; always finding opportunities to develop them while showing respect and appreciation.
We expect colleagues at all levels to embrace and live our purpose and our leadership culture by challenging themselves to identify issues that are most important for our clients, our people, and for society and make an impact that matters. We know leadership comes in all shapes and sizes, but our Leadership Charter helps all of our people understand what we’re looking for:
- We live our purpose: we act as a role model, embracing and living our purpose and values, and recognising others for the impact they make
- We develop talent: we develop high-performing people and teams through challenging and meaningful opportunities
- We drive performance: we deliver exceptional client service; maximise results and drive high performance from people while fostering collaboration across businesses and borders
- We believe positive influence can make an impact that matters: we influence clients, teams, and individuals positively, leading by example and establishing confident relationships with increasingly senior people
- We move, together, towards a strategic direction: we understand key objectives for clients and Deloitte, aligning people to objectives and setting priorities and direction.
Please click 'Apply' to submit your application