Head of Communications - Group Sustainable Business - Open to flexible working
7 days left
- Contract Type
As we step into the next chapter for Lloyds Banking Group, sustainability and inclusion has never been so important to us and the communities we serve. It's an important part of our purpose driven strategy to help Britain prosper by creating a more sustainable and inclusive future for people and businesses - shaping finance as a force for good.
You would play a fundamental role in helping our key audiences and influencers understand how Lloyds Banking Group is supporting our purpose, while helping our key internal customers.
If you love diversity within your communication roles, this business partnering position will operate across external and internal audiences. Whether it's helping to excite and engage our internal audience of over 60,000+ or influencing our over 4,000 followers on Twitter and LinkedIn or dealing with key journalists in the national, regional and environmental sustainability media.
This position will work with relevant authorities from across our broader communication team to ensure we're telling a compelling story to all of our audiences.
You'll be excellent at forming relationships within our communication team and with leaders across our organisation. It will be especially important that, through your leadership, you help embed and improve our overall messages and alignment across our business and the business divisions.
What we need from you...
- A strong background in improving business reputation and internal engagement on environmental sustainability and inclusion
- A best-in-class communicator with excellent experience in building strong relationships with the business and leaders, comfortable in developing business-wide communication strategies
- Excellent understanding and experience of guiding the business across internal and external corporate audiences and employee, social, media and public affairs channels
- Proactive, with a can-do demeanour
- Willing to test, learn and experiment with new ideas - adventurous and not afraid to make mistakes and learn from them
- Adept at leading and working with others and an excellent teammate that brings people together to work on innovative and change making activity
- Passionate about people and purpose
- You'll be an authority within our division and encouraged to have a natural flexibility to help at times of need across a range of other topics, when required although the majority of your time will be spent working on Group Sustainable Business
How you'll work others...
- Work with the Director of Communication, Transformation & Group Executive Functions, the Group Director for Group Corporate Affairs and the Group Corporate Affairs leadership team in helping to develop and constantly enrich the plan to increase Lloyds Banking Group's reputation for environmental sustainability and inclusion
- Deliver the communication plan, working alongside the other communication business and channels teams to align communication between corporate, consumer and client brands
- Work closely with internal customers and collaborators to understand their plans and help drive improvements.
What we want you to know about us...
- We're passionate about making a difference to the UK and helping it to prosper by crafting a more sustainable and inclusive future for people and businesses - shaping finance as a force for good
- We're a fun team that believe in meeting business challenges with creativity and we're not afraid of doing things differently
- We back up our arguments with insight and try and make all our communications adult-to-adult and human
- Your personal development will be invested in, and we'll support you to find learning that matches your capability mix and helps you on your chosen career path
- We value the quality of your work rather than the amount of work you do.
- This is a hybrid role. We are flexible on where you are based within the United Kingdom, but our preference would be near one of our hubs - London, Edinburgh, Bristol or Halifax. There will be some limited travel to London as required.
What you'd get in return!
We'll give you a broad remuneration package which includes:
- A performance share bonus
- A generous pension contribution
- A flex cash pot you can adjust to suit your lifestyle
- Private health cover
- 30 days holiday plus bank holidays
We're focused on creating a values-led culture, and our approach to inclusion and diversity means that we all have the opportunity to make a real difference, together.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process.