Solution Architect - Part time, Job share, Full time, Hybrid working
Solution Architect - Part-Time, Job-Share and Full-Time options available.
Location - Edinburgh (hybrid working environment)
This role is available full-time, as a job-share or part-time. This is because we want the best people for our roles, and we recognise that sometimes those people aren't always available full-time due to other commitments, we are keen to support flexible and alternative working arrangements.
Lloyds Banking Group are transforming the way we do Engineering. We've created "LBG Labs" and we're building multi-functional, co-located teams giving them freedom to bring technology to the forefront of our business. This will help us create new, and improve existing, products and services to help us really make a difference to our customers.
Want to know more?
A Lab is a co-located team who work together on key projects to deliver value at pace by designing services that people find useful, easy and engaging to use. Typically, a Lab has a strong focus on complex problem solving in an agile environment where engineers are free to experiment and create innovative products which will transform the way our customers engage with us.
Our Insurance & Wealth (I&W) Labs are focused on improving support to our customers throughout their financial lives, with clear, straightforward customer journeys, helping empower them to make the right decisions on their long-term Saving, Investment & Retirement needs.
About the role:
As a Solution Architect in our Digital Labs, you lead from the front in defining and realising our Digital estate. We build our own customer-facing applications, so you'll be working with Engineering Leads and Solution Architects to ensure we are building the right thing - and building the thing right.
Here's where you'll make a difference:
Your contribution will be instrumental to our strategy of simplifying, modernising, and de-risking the I&W technology landscape, enabling the Bank of the Future and ultimately driving value for customers and shareholders. This is a key role at the financial heart of LBG, underpinning the long-term sustainability and integrity of the organisation.
- Define and agree the IT Roadmap for our Customer-facing applications
- Track and manage work IT Roadmap, driving best practice initiatives.
- Shape our control framework, working through Engineers and Architects to deliver a patterns and standards set ready for modern digital development
- Act as a key partner to our senior software engineers, ensuring that our architecture roadmap is a key input into our technical delivery, as well as listening, understanding, and responding to the needs of the engineers
What we need from you:
We need a leader in Solution Architecture who knows and understands the challenges in modern software development. You can tell stories and build a powerful image of where we're going from an architecture and design perspective. This role is predominantly technical, but you will understand technology implications for people and process, and you will bring this to your holistic view of design. You will ideally have previous career experience in software engineering and therefore you will be well placed to define and sell your vision for Engineers, Architects, and Product Owners alike.
You will be dealing with senior stakeholders across our labs, demonstrating diligence, insight and willingness to challenge. You will be flexible and responsive to the consumers of your architecture vision, challenging the 'Ivory Tower' view of architecture and recognising that design and build is a two-way conversation. We'd to hear from candidates with the following experience:
- Prior experience in a senior solution architecture position.
- Strong understanding of modern software development practices
- Strong understanding of building applications through containerised microservices-based architectures, with a working-to-strong understanding of cloud methodologies
- Working knowledge of infrastructure and security architecture practices and concerns
- Have played an active part in architecture and design governance
- TOGAF or equivalent qualifications.
If this is you, come and join our inclusive, values-led culture focused on making a difference.
Together we'll make it possible...
So what can we offer you in return? Whatever your aspiration, you can also expect excellent benefits, personal development and a career that's enriching and full of opportunity.
You'll also receive a package that includes:
- Discretionary bonus
- Cash sum of 4% which you can exchange for a variety of benefits or simply take the cash
- Private Medical Insurance
- Pension, where we'll give up to a max of 15%
- Share plans
- 30 days holiday plus public holidays
Are you interested in joining us?
Apply today, we'd love to hear from you...