Manager, Asset and Capital Portfolio Management - Flexible working, Returners
Manager, Asset and Capital Portfolio Management, Real Assets Advisory
Deloitte’s Real Asset Advisory (RAA) team in the UK consists of circa 250 people and is widely recognised as being unique in the market as the leading provider of asset and capital portfolio management services to both the real estate and infrastructure sectors.
You will be joining a world leading organisation with Deloitte ranked number one as the world’s largest professional services firm and is the largest and most successful amongst its peers in the UK. It is a people-oriented business with a focus on delivery excellence to our clients with purpose.
This role is to join the team to lead asset management and capital portfolio projects and to drive continued growth of these services as part of the core team.
We bring a combination of sector specific insights and benchmarks to support our clients. As such, your role will involve work across multiple sectors including rail, roads, aviation, nuclear and telecoms. You will also have the opportunity to deliver real-estate focused projects should this be of interest.
Are you looking to return to the workplace after an extended career break?
For this role we can offer coaching and support designed for returners to refresh your knowledge and skills, and help your transition back into the workplace after a career break of 2 years or more. If this is relevant for you, just let your recruiter know when you make your application.
The role is for an experienced consultant to lead engagements or major workstreams covering:
- Strategy & planning from outcome framework through to delivery plans
- Capital portfolio scoping, optimisation, and business case support
- Asset management orientated delivery models and operating models
- Efficiency planning and programme delivery for capex and asset related opex
- Risk and resilience management of national critical services and infrastructure
- Data and Asset Management (AM) systems led transformations working with our in-house Enterprise Asset Management software (EAMs) teams
Larger engagements will involve collaboration across Deloitte teams to delivery multi-disciplinary solutions that include our leading services in Major Programmes, Business Operations, Risk Advisory, Economics and Regulation and Financial Advisory.
We are looking for people who are comfortable dealing with senior management roles that may not be asset specialists whilst running and directing specific initiatives with professional asset managers, portfolio managers and engineers. This will require someone who is able to work at pace; strong at communication and design strategic frameworks, and has experience of specific asset plan or project development to provide tangible and practical insights. Example experience includes:
- Develop outcome/value/risk frameworks with clients to prioritise investment and operations
- Criticality assessments at a network and asset level to inform resilience/maintenance/investments
- Corporate asset management maturity and capability assessments and design of transformations
- Development of Strategic AM Plans, Asset Strategies and Asset plans
- Asset data integrity assessments and development of improvement plans
- Develop service category or asset specific delivery models and procurement strategies
- In the role as a Manager within the Real Assets Advisory (RAA) team, you will need to be able to:
- Take on the responsibility for Engagement Management of smaller projects,
- Act as a Project Workstream lead on large multidisciplinary projects,
- Define client requirements and identify means of solving problems,
- Be responsible for providing day to day oversight and support for more junior team members; and
- Be a strong team player, capable of fulfilling different roles within project team.
- Support client and delivery team on project in developing further improvement plans
- Support and coordinate specific bids that align with your goals
- Drive a specific initiative in your desired area of expertise
- Develop thought leadership and proposition to drive awareness and imminence
Team / Community Development
- Manage diverse teams within an inclusive team culture where people are recognised for their contribution
- Support of-project initiatives
- Work with Partner/Director to drive growth of the Asset Management and/or Capital Portfolio Community in the UK and the Global network.
Your work, your choice
At Deloitte we believe the best impact is the value we add, not the hours we sit at our desk. We encourage consideration of flexible ways of working, both formal and informal arrangements that allow for the best outcomes for our people and our clients. If this opportunity is of interest to you with some flexibility, please do discuss with us.
Location: Your home office will be London, but this is a client-facing role and provides lots of opportunity for travel in the UK and overseas.
Work pattern: This is a permanent contract opportunity. The role can be worked on a full-time basis.
Your professional experience
To qualify for the role you must have:
- A professional qualification or equivalent related industry experience that shows understanding of an asset intensive organisation
- A relevant degree (i.e engineering, business, management) and/or a relevant post graduate qualification.
- Excellent analytical skills including the ability to operate basic software such as PowerPoint and Excel to a high level.
- Strong commercial acumen and market awareness.
- The ability to build strong, effective working relationships and work on own initiative.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills with the ability to write clear, concise reports.
- Understanding of financial and business drivers and basic accounting concepts.
- Confidence and proactivity to challenge the status quo and drive innovation at pace.
Your service line: Financial Advisory
Advising clients in the moments that define their business takes multiple layers of expertise. Much more than due-diligence, this is about diverse teams of specialists coming together, crossing service lines and international borders to tackle the many, complex issues involved in major transactions or operational transformations. And we have one of the broadest networks in the business. Here, you’ll find fascinating, career-building projects, market leading approaches, cutting-edge resources, huge clients and inspirational colleagues. As well as opportunities to develop a deep industry or product specialism.
Regulation and controls are standard practice in our industry and Deloitte is no exception. These controls provide important legal protection for both you and the firm. We are subject to a number of audit regulations, one of which requires that certain colleagues abide by specific personal independence constraints. This can mean that you and your "Immediate Family Members" are not permitted to hold certain financial interests (shares, funds, bonds etc.) with audit clients of the firm. The recruitment team will provide further detail as you progress through the recruitment process.
Our Purpose & Strategy
To make an impact that matters for our clients, our people and society - defines who we are and what we stand for. Our purpose provides the foundation for our strategy and our aspiration to be the undisputed leader in professional services: this is not about size, it's about being the first choice. The first choice for the largest and most influential clients, and the first choice for the best talent.
What do we do?
Deloitte offers global integrated professional services that include Audit & Assurance, Consulting, Financial Advisory, Legal, Risk Advisory and Tax Consulting. Our approach combines intellectual leadership, industrial expertise, insight, consulting & problem solving capabilities whatever the role, technology revolutions and innovation from multiple disciplines to help our clients excel anywhere in the world.
Beyond the UK: Deloitte North and South Europe
The UK is part of Deloitte North and South Europe (NSE), the second largest member firm in the Deloitte network. Deloitte NSE combines operations in Belgium, Central Mediterranean (Italy, Greece, Malta), Ireland, the Middle East (Bahrain, Cyprus, Egypt, Iraq, Jordan, Kuwait, Lebanon, Libya, Oman, Palestinian Ruled Territories, Qatar, Saudi Arabia, United Arab Emirates, Yemen), the Netherlands, the Nordics (Denmark, Finland, Iceland, Norway and Sweden), Switzerland and the UK. Deloitte NSE brings together 2,700 partners and over 50,000 people, combining our unmatched breadth and depth of capabilities in audit and assurance, consulting, financial advisory, risk advisory, and tax and legal across the region. Being part of Deloitte NSE supports our aspiration to be the undisputed leader in professional services and will create more opportunity and growth for our people.
What do we value?
What brings us all together at Deloitte? It’s how we approach the thousands of decisions we make every day. How we behave, our beliefs and our attitudes. In other words: our values. Whatever we do, wherever we are in the world, we lead the way, serve with integrity, take care of each other, foster inclusion, and collaborate for maximum impact. These five shared values lead every decision we make and action we take, guiding us to deliver impact how and where it matters most.
Being a Leader at Deloitte
Cultural fit and purpose-led leadership is crucial for Deloitte. Our leaders always set the example and inspire their colleagues. They make quality time for people and take an interest in them. They know what matters to people - both inside and outside work – and value them as individuals; always finding opportunities to develop them while showing respect and appreciation.
We expect colleagues at all levels to embrace and live our purpose and our leadership culture by challenging themselves to identify issues that are most important for our clients, our people, and for society and make an impact that matters. We know leadership comes in all shapes and sizes, but our Leadership Charter helps all of our people understand what we’re looking for:
- We live our purpose: we act as a role model, embracing and living our purpose and values, and recognising others for the impact they make
- We develop talent: we develop high-performing people and teams through challenging and meaningful opportunities
- We drive performance: we deliver exceptional client service; maximise results and drive high performance from people while fostering collaboration across businesses and borders
- We believe positive influence can make an impact that matters: we influence clients, teams, and individuals positively, leading by example and establishing confident relationships with increasingly senior people
- We move, together, towards a strategic direction: we understand key objectives for clients and Deloitte, aligning people to objectives and setting priorities and direction.
Please click 'Apply' to submit your application