Senior Manager, Banking & Capital Markets - Flexible working, hybrid working, returners
Senior Manager, Banking & Capital Markets, Large & Complex, Audit & Assurance
Deloitte's UK Financial Services Audit and Assurance practice provides a full range of high value external audit services to many of the world's leading financial institutions, including banks, brokers, insurers, investment managers, investment and pension funds, private equity businesses and more.
Our Banking and Capital Markets Group is a dedicated team of 400+ professionals with deep technical accounting and financial reporting and audit skills, and a multi-disciplinary team of specialists advising on a range of topics to the banking and capital markets industry. Our portfolio of clients include some of the largest and most complex businesses that Deloitte work with. They are influential, exciting and at the heart of the UK economy. Given some recent high profile audit wins, we are looking to expand our team by adding high performing and ambitious new individuals. We are currently seeking an external audit senior Manager to support our fast growing business at an interesting time for the financial services industry and the audit profession.
Deloitte supports Agile and Hybrid working
We encourage consideration of flexible ways of working, both formal and informal arrangements that allow for the best outcomes for our people and our clients. If this opportunity is of interest to you with some flexibility, please do discuss with us.
Large & Complex
Large & Complex Audit will include listed companies (corporate and financial services) their subsidiaries in the UK and internationally, as well as other public interest entities such as banks, insurers, large private companies and public sector organisations, public sector organisations and charities.
You can expect senior level exposure and variety. You will work with some of the most influential companies in the UK and internationally, offering expert insights across the whole business.
Are you looking to return to the workplace after an extended career break?
For this role we can offer coaching and support designed for returners to refresh your knowledge and skills, and help your transition back into the workplace after a career break of 2 years or more. If this is relevant for you, just let your recruiter know when you make your application
As a member of our team, reporting to a Director/Partner, you will have responsibility for:
- Taking ownership of the delivery of high quality audit engagements from planning through to reporting;
- Dealing with technical and complex accounting and auditing queries that may shape future precedent and industry practice;
- Managing key audit relationships across Banking and Capital Markets, with a focus on exceptional client service;
- Driving continuous improvement through innovation and transformation, embracing change and challenging the way we do things to develop new ways of working;
- Participating in and responding to feedback from internal and external inspection teams to enhance the execution of quality audits;
- Building relationships across service lines and geographies to deliver market and client focused audit solutions;
- Being responsive to and anticipating clients' needs, providing strategic and relevant insight;
- Being part of a wider community helping to grow our department and develop our strategy; and
- Managing diverse teams within an inclusive team culture where people are recognised for their contribution.
In return, you will get new challenges in a dynamic, supportive and fast-growing department at an exciting time in the evolution of the audit industry as we develop the audit of the future. You will have access to market leading training and development tailored to your personal interests and ambitions. We will provide you with the opportunities, skills and knowledge to progress, working with some of the UK's most influential and headline-making clients and working alongside some of the best people in the sector.
Your work, your choice
At Deloitte we believe the best impact is the value we add, not the hours we sit at our desk. We carefully consider agile ways of working, both formal and informal, that allow for the best impact for our people and our clients. Please speak to your recruiter about the working pattern that works best for you.
Location: London with occasional domestic and international travel
Work pattern: This is a permanent opportunity. This is a full time role
Your professional experience
- Candidates should be auditors and hold a relevant accounting qualification, such as the ACA, ACCA, CA, ICAS or equivalent
- Banking and Capital Markets listed audit experience;
- Thorough knowledge of UK GAAP and IFRS;
- PCAOB experience and knowledge of US GAAP reporting is desirable, but not essential;
- Detailed understanding of financial reporting processes and internal controls;
- A commitment to audit quality and demonstrable experience of applying professional scepticism;
- A proven track record in establishing and maintaining excellent relationships with senior clients;
- Strong leadership skills both on engagements and in an office environment;
- Experience of motivating and developing high performing teams;
- An ability to implement solutions to address changes in regulatory requirements and a track record of embracing and delivering change;
- Report writing, presentation and interpersonal skills, including excellent written and verbal communications skills;
- Experience of managing and improving engagement economics;
- An ability to play an active role in the business development process, contributing to tenders and large audit and assurance proposals.
Your service line: Audit & Assurance
An imperative for all at Deloitte, innovation lives in Audit & Assurance as fully as in any other field. From process automation to reframing our team structure, We're on a constant drive for positive transformation for our clients and our people. With robots now taking care of routine tasks here, for example, you're free to focus on what you do best: interpreting information, challenging, collaborating and communicating. You won't be limited by sector experience either; We recognise that your skills and knowledge, wherever you gained them, can have a positive impact anywhere. You'll work across industries, and with colleagues throughout the firm, to give clients the information and insights they need to make great decisions.
Regulation and controls are standard practice in our industry and Deloitte is no exception. These controls provide important legal protection for both you and the firm. We are subject to a number of audit regulations, one of which requires that certain colleagues abide by specific personal independence constraints. This can mean that you and your "Immediate Family Members" are not permitted to hold certain financial interests (shares, funds, bonds etc.) with audit clients of the firm. The recruitment team will provide further detail as you progress through the recruitment process.
Our Purpose & Strategy
To make an impact that matters for our clients, our people and society - defines who we are and what we stand for. Our purpose provides the foundation for our strategy and our aspiration to be the undisputed leader in professional services: this is not about size, it's about being the first choice. The first choice for the largest and most influential clients, and the first choice for the best talent.
What do we do?
Deloitte offers global integrated professional services that include Audit & Assurance, Consulting, Financial Advisory, Risk Advisory and Tax Consulting. Our approach combines intellectual leadership, industrial expertise, insight, consulting & problem solving capabilities whatever the role, technology revolutions and innovation from multiple disciplines to help our clients excel anywhere in the world.
Beyond the UK: Deloitte North and South Europe
The UK is part of Deloitte North and South Europe (NSE), the second largest member firm in the Deloitte network. Deloitte NSE combines operations in Belgium, Central Mediterranean (Italy, Greece, Malta), Ireland, the Middle East (Bahrain, Cyprus, Egypt, Iraq, Jordan, Kuwait, Lebanon, Libya, Oman, Palestinian Ruled Territories, Qatar, Saudi Arabia, United Arab Emirates, Yemen), the Netherlands, the Nordics (Denmark, Finland, Iceland, Norway and Sweden), Switzerland and the UK. Deloitte NSE brings together 2,700 partners and over 50,000 people, combining our unmatched breadth and depth of capabilities in audit and assurance, consulting, financial advisory, risk advisory, and tax and legal across the region. Being part of Deloitte NSE supports our aspiration to be the undisputed leader in professional services and will create more opportunity and growth for our people.
What do we value?
What brings us all together at Deloitte? it's how we approach the thousands of decisions we make every day. How we behave, our beliefs and our attitudes. In other words: our values. Whatever we do, wherever we are in the world, we lead the way, serve with integrity, take care of each other, foster inclusion, and collaborate for maximum impact. These five shared values lead every decision we make and action we take, guiding us to deliver impact how and where it matters most.
Please click 'Apply' to submit your application