Part Time Project Support Associate - Minimum of 24 hours per week, Hybrid working
Part Time Project Support Associate, Project Management Centre of Excellence, Audit & Assurance
The Project Management Centre of Excellence (PM CoE) is a key part of our audit and assurance practice, offering project management support to audit and assurance teams as well as internal projects. The PM CoE offers roles with a clearly defined career path to take you from Associate, to Senior Associate, Assistant Project Manager, Project Manager and Senior Project Manager. This is an entry level role with no prior project management experience required. As you move through the pathway you will have the opportunity to benefit from tailored project management training, coaching and ‘on the job’ experience to enable you to develop the project management skills required to execute the role successfully.
In your role as a Project Support Associate, you will coordinate a portfolio of audit and assurance projects. You will work with our client facing teams to forecast a timeline of project support and you will be responsible for taking ownership of delivering against this. Building strong relationships and delivering exceptional service and quality is key and you will have the opportunity to make a significant impact on your engagements through being proactive and continuously identifying and implementing improvements in the support you provide.
Deloitte supports Agile and Hybrid working
We encourage consideration of flexible ways of working, both formal and informal arrangements that allow for the best outcomes for our people and our clients. If this opportunity is of interest to you with some flexibility, please do discuss with us.
- Project planning: Establishing a timeline of your project support tasks i.e. capturing dates for billing, key meetings and delivery centre bookings
- Taking ownership of managing, monitoring and reporting progress against milestones of the project plan
- Using internal project management systems to assist with the coordination of the project. This involves adding and updating the status of your assigned tasks
- Assisting with preparing and reviewing budgets; billing; analysing, monitoring and reporting project finances
- Updating and ongoing review of Deloitte’s internal resource management system so that client facing teams have the most up to date view of the project’s resourcing position
- Setting up relevant meetings across the lifecycle of the project in line with the agile project management methodology i.e. stand ups, retrospectives and planning meetings
- Taking accurate and detailed minutes of required meetings i.e. agile meetings, client meetings. Where required, recording all actions and circulating to client facing teams for review and final distribution to wider engagement team/client
- Coordinating the booking and subsequent usage of our onshore and offshore delivery centres. This requires the use of internal systems and an internal planning form to enable bookings of work
- Using client collaboration sites to process client documentation and ensure correct storage of data
- Required to have regular contact and communication with client facing teams, challenging them to encourage use of our full-service offering. You will play a key part in the wider team so building effective relationships will be key
- Where required, engaging with Deloitte end clients for items such as invoicing, meeting bookings and stock counts. Communication will be via email and/or telephone
- Promoting the use of project management methodology with your designated teams you will be working with
- Responsible for managing your own workload by applying the principles of agile methodology
- Sharing knowledge across the department and supporting new team members when appropriate level of experience achieved
- Modelling best practice in all aspects of project support
Your work, your choice
At Deloitte we believe the best impact is the value we add, not the hours we sit at our desk. We carefully consider agile ways of working, both formal and informal, that allow for the best impact for our people and our clients. Please speak to your recruiter about the working pattern that works best for you.
Location: This role is based in our Cardiff office and candidates must live in a commutable location to be able to travel into the office a few times a week
Work pattern: This is a permanent part time opportunity. In regards to part time hours, we can offer a minimum of 24 hours across 4 days; working a minimum of 4 hours a day with a start time of between 8am - 9am.
For part time contracts you will be required to work full time for your first week to complete a suite of Mandatory training.
Please note Induction/ Training will be for the first 2 weeks and will be in the Cardiff office.
Your professional experience
- Organisation skills; ability to prioritise work and confidently manage conflicting demands to meet timelines
- Work effectively in a proactive and flexible manner to manage a high workload
- Proactive approach, using initiative to grow and develop self and area of responsibility
- Highly self-motivated and ability to work independently
- Highly adaptable to change
- Excellent attention to detail
- Strong analytical skills; ability to collect, organise, interpret and report data
- Strong and confident communicator, taking personal responsibility in dealing with queries to/from stakeholders at all levels
- Innovative but pragmatic approach to problem-solving and a drive to continuously improve
- Strong team player, embracing collaborative working
- Ability to build and maintain effective relationships
- Positive and professional approach to all aspects of work
Your service line: Audit & Assurance
In an industry best known for looking back, Deloitte looks beyond.
Our Audit & Assurance team understand the most important decisions are the ones we are yet to make. Crafting the future in an informed and clear-sighted way means understanding current conditions, as well as the trends that are shaping tomorrow. That is why we use our expertise in audit to show where things stand now, and to help inform the next step. With the assurance we provide, we help our clients to look ahead with strength and confidence across all of their accounting, regulatory and transaction needs.
Innovation is the key, underpinned by audit quality. You will be joining a diverse team of experts capable of delivering meaningful and durable change for both our clients and our profession.
Regulation and controls are standard practice in our industry and Deloitte is no exception. These controls provide important legal protection for both you and the firm. We are subject to a number of audit regulations, one of which requires that certain colleagues abide by specific personal independence constraints. This can mean that you and your "Immediate Family Members" are not permitted to hold certain financial interests (shares, funds, bonds etc.) with audit clients of the firm. The recruitment team will provide further detail as you progress through the recruitment process.
Our Purpose & Strategy
To make an impact that matters for our clients, our people and society - defines who we are and what we stand for. Our purpose provides the foundation for our strategy and our aspiration to be the undisputed leader in professional services: this is not about size, it's about being the first choice. The first choice for the largest and most influential clients, and the first choice for the best talent.
What do we do?
Deloitte offers global integrated professional services that include Audit & Assurance, Consulting, Financial Advisory, Legal, Risk Advisory and Tax Consulting. Our approach combines intellectual leadership, industrial expertise, insight, consulting & problem solving capabilities whatever the role, technology revolutions and innovation from multiple disciplines to help our clients excel anywhere in the world.
Beyond the UK: Deloitte North and South Europe
The UK is part of Deloitte North and South Europe (NSE), the second largest member firm in the Deloitte network. Deloitte NSE combines operations in Belgium, Central Mediterranean (Italy, Greece, Malta), Ireland, the Middle East (Bahrain, Cyprus, Egypt, Iraq, Jordan, Kuwait, Lebanon, Libya, Oman, Palestinian Ruled Territories, Qatar, Saudi Arabia, United Arab Emirates, Yemen), the Netherlands, the Nordics (Denmark, Finland, Iceland, Norway and Sweden), Switzerland and the UK. Deloitte NSE brings together 2,700 partners and over 50,000 people, combining our unmatched breadth and depth of capabilities in audit and assurance, consulting, financial advisory, risk advisory, and tax and legal across the region. Being part of Deloitte NSE supports our aspiration to be the undisputed leader in professional services and will create more opportunity and growth for our people.
What do we value?
What brings us all together at Deloitte? It’s how we approach the thousands of decisions we make every day. How we behave, our beliefs and our attitudes. In other words: our values. Whatever we do, wherever we are in the world, we lead the way, serve with integrity, take care of each other, foster inclusion, and collaborate for maximum impact. These five shared values lead every decision we make and action we take, guiding us to deliver impact how and where it matters most.
Being a Leader at Deloitte
Cultural fit and purpose-led leadership is crucial for Deloitte. Our leaders always set the example and inspire their colleagues. They make quality time for people and take an interest in them. They know what matters to people - both inside and outside work – and value them as individuals; always finding opportunities to develop them while showing respect and appreciation.
Please click 'Apply' to submit your application