Senior Manager, Tax Functional Consulting, Global Compliance & Reporting - Open to flexible working
Our Global Compliance and Reporting professionals help businesses meet complex demands for tax reporting and compliance with the associated tax advisory, strategy, controversy and tax functional consulting. The Global Compliance and Reporting team continues to experience growth due to strong client demand. By integrating deep technical and industry knowledge with established methodologies and cutting-edge tax technologies they work with a wide range of large and complex multinational companies, (predominantly FTSE and significant inbound businesses) to help them develop and implement effective, practical and sustainable tax strategies including operating model efficiency.
Due to the evolving and digital disruptions in the tax market, we are seeing changes in operating models in tax, both from an outsourcing of services and the use of technology and automation. Tax functions are rapidly changing how they support their businesses, EY is helping the evolution by working with clients on that journey. We work with clients to design the vision of their optimised function, deliver changes to the operating model including technology and consider optimal delivery approaches, via Tax functional consulting.
This role will work alongside the Tax and Finance Operate team (TFO), where we have had significant wins and are working with many clients on designing their future, starting with making compliance more efficient. We are looking for an experienced and driven Senior Manager in our London office. The role offers the opportunity to work on some of the largest and most exciting clients in the market to help support them as they navigate an ever increasingly complex tax environment.
You will work initially on a mixture of engagements including core compliance, to get to know the team, the EY local market and ways of working. This work will be alongside Tax functional consulting sales and engagements where you will be project lead in understanding client challenges and proposing solutions for the future.
Your key responsibilities
- A mixture of core compliance delivery and tax functional consulting to design the future
- Leading the design of Tax operating models of the future
- Solving client problems from start to finish to support Tax Functional Consulting
- Grow and maintain relationships with clients, both existing and new clients
- High level management of the successful delivery of technically complex compliance and reporting engagements as well as the delivery of any related consulting projects
- Providing exceptional client service with responsibility for quality provided
- Working collaboratively with other tax specialist teams
- Grow networks and relationships internally
- Help people to develop through effectively supervising, coaching and mentoring staff
- Lead team initiatives, covering all aspects of leading a successful team
Skills and attributes for success:
- Operating model design
- Tax functional set-up experience
- Problem solving mindset
- Methodological approach to resolution of issues
- Strong client relationship management skills
- Negotiation skills, able to sustain opinion and exhibit strong stakeholder management
- Experience in Corporate Tax from practice or from an in-house tax background
- Business development skills, able to identify and convert opportunities to sell work
- Effective time management, ability to remain calm when under pressure to meet deadlines
- Excellent communicator in a range of situations both written and oral
- Team player with ability to create and sustain effective teams
- Experience of coaching and developing more junior staff
- Ensure delivery of quality work
To qualify for the role, you must have:
- ACA/CA/ACCA/CTA; or Tax Inspectors with full Technical Training Course
- Degree qualified
- Experienced corporate tax practitioner
- Experience in tax accounting/tax audit
- Proven ability to read and interpret existing and new tax statute
- Project management skills, plan and prioritize work, meet deadlines, monitor own budget
What we look for:
- Team player
- Ability to integrate with new teams quickly
- Outgoing with good relationship skills and the ability to deliver quality output
- Excellent communicator in range of situations both written and oral
- Change orientated with flexible approach
What working at EY offers
We offer a competitive remuneration package where you’ll be rewarded for your individual and team performance. Our comprehensive Total Rewards package includes support for flexible working and career development, and with FlexEY you can select benefits that suit your needs, covering holidays, health and well-being, insurance, savings and a wide range of discounts, offers and promotions. Plus, we offer:
- Support, coaching and feedback from some of the most engaging colleagues around
- Opportunities to develop new skills and progress your career
- The freedom and flexibility to handle your role in a way that’s right for you
As a global leader in assurance, tax, transaction and advisory services, we’re using the finance products, expertise and systems we’ve developed to build a better working world. That starts with a culture that believes in giving you the training, opportunities and creative freedom to make things better. Whenever you join, however long you stay, the exceptional EY experience lasts a lifetime.
If you can confidently demonstrate that you meet the criteria above, please contact us as soon as possible.
Join us in building a better working world.