Part Time Flexible Working Associate Consultant, 4-8 days work a month
Are you proud of what you do? Do you love the projects you work on? We’d like to introduce you to Timewise, a place where post-holiday blues just isn’t a thing.
We were one of the first to spot the potential of flexible working solutions for bringing about workplace equality, and we’re still one of the best at it (if we say so ourselves). We’re considered the go-to team for all things flex, and we pride ourselves on leading the debate and driving change, even in areas that flexibility doesn’t traditionally reach.
We are also a multi award winning social business led by an enduring mission to ensure that everyone has access to good flexible working. This has led us to help thousands of people into quality flexible work across the UK.
We support businesses in all sectors to make a flexible working a commercial success – from Bam Construct to Lloyds Banking Group to major NHS trusts. We have led sector-based change programmes with leading businesses in Retail, Construction, and Asset Management to name but a few. We are a trusted advisor to Government, social funders and think tanks alike who come to us for our straight-talking, evidence based approach about what works when changing business practice on flexible working. And we regularly produce research and benchmarks of the flexible jobs market that lead the way for sector change.
2021 marked a landmark year for Timewise. Covid 19 shone a spotlight on the need for flexible working as never before and demand for our services has escalated significantly since then. When we embarked on this journey, flexible and part time working were barely talked about at all. Now they are THE topic on the business and media agenda.
We are now looking to expand our associate base of OD/HR practitioners to work with our small highly experienced consultancy team and complement our existing skills and experiences. Clients range from mid size organisations up to global firms, public and private sector, including financial and professional services, construction, retail, local and central government and NHS. In particular we are interested in associates who have experience in ‘front line’, customer facing and/or shift based industries e.g. health & social care, construction, councils, transport.
We are looking for people who share our enthusiasm for building fairer, more flexible workplaces, and our determination to get the job done. In return, we can offer you a never-a-dull-moment workflow, a fun, friendly, focused bunch of colleagues, and a sense of purpose that means the work you do with us is never just work.
Delivering Flexible Working Solutions
Here’s a taste of the consultancy projects and training we work on:
- Delivering consultancy for a range of existing and new clients to help them improve their strategic approach to flexible working - projects range from diagnostics to action planning to leadership engagement to solution design and implementation
- Diagnostic projects identify existing practice and cultures, barriers to enhancing flexible working from a behavioural, capability and operational perspective and include undertaking data analysis and qualitative work such as running focus groups for employees and interviewing senior leaders
- Training includes designing and delivering a range of engagement and learning workshops for senior leaders, HR teams, resourcing teams, managers and employees covering a range of topics from job design to managing flexible teams to adjusting recruitment processes
- Implementation ranges from designing and delivering bespoke projects and pilots on job re-design within teams or roles, through to wider sector based programmes bringing trade bodies and industry leaders together to test new ways of working
We are seeking associates who share our passion for flexible working and driving workplace innovation, as you will be an ambassador for Timewise, representing our brand and values to the market. You will want to make a difference to how work is designed and conducted in the UK, have excellent relational skills and be able to excite clients about the journey we will take them on through your drive and energy. You will also be used to working autonomously and taking full accountability for the work you do.
Your skills and experience
- Background in Management Consulting, HR/OD or Equality, Diversity & Inclusion
- Already operating as an independent organisational consultant, used to managing a portfolio of workforce change projects
- Credible working with senior leaders, managers, D&I leads with experience in large corporate firms or large complex public sector organisations
- A good understanding of HR and workforce development issues
- Ideally experienced working with organisations who have significant ‘front line’, customer facing or shift based employee groups
- Able to design, conduct and analyse effective qualitative research – surveys, interviews, focus groups
- Strong quantitative data interrogation and analysis skills
- Able to write concisely and professionally and to communicate and represent ideas well in both written reports and Powerpoint presentations
- Excellent presentation and facilitation skills: able to make presentations and conduct facilitated discussions with participants up to Board level, and in roundtables, seminars and workshops
- Strong project management skills: able to ensure projects remain on track, highlight and mitigate risks
- Well organised, a self starter and able to prioritise and accomplish tasks independently
- We are offering 4-8 days work a month (but no guarantees)
- You will work on a day rate basis, with rates from £400 per day depending on experience
- We are open to other ways to partner with us, including commission for bringing work to us
- Invitations to quarterly ‘practice days’ for the whole consultancy team to focus on market and product developments, with learning sessions and speakers on topics of particular interest
- You will work closely with Timewise CEO Mel Jamieson, Co Founder Emma Stewart and Consulting Director Amy Butterworth as well as our wider team of internal and associate consultants
You will be based from home with the expectation you may need to travel for client or internal meetings. For example you may be required to visit a client site to e.g. conduct focus groups in person or run a working session; or be invited to visit our office in London Bridge for a consultancy practice day.
To make your application please send your CV and a covering note highlighting how you meet the requirements of the role.
Apply for Part Time Flexible Working Associate Consultant, 4-8 days work a month
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly