Head of Product – Acquisition & Campaigns, open to flexible working
Head of Product – Acquisition & Campaigns, open to flexible working
Are you a Head of / Director of Product with experience in digital and leading teams through agile transformations?
The head of product will oversee the product management of our customer acquisition and campaign platforms (Adobe Campaign, Adobe Target, & Veeva 1-1 Approved email). Managing the product team and responsible for ensuring that the products in their area deliver on their target business goals/metrics.
The Head of Product is the person responsible for what is delivered in their product area, coordinating and supporting their teams to deliver the best possible, highest quality, products that Healthcare professionals will love using.
The Head of product will bring their teams together to deliver game changing digital products through instilling a culture of constant testing and iteration, ensuring their team is able to foster the closest possible relationships with their development and design teams as well as core stakeholders from across the business (and outside) who will benefit.
Successful product teams aren't only focussed on delivering but on delivering the right features and products. The Head of Product is responsible for ensuring we utilise the available resources (developers, designers, etc) to deliver the maximum value to our customers and against our business goals with every digital product they release.
The Head of product must work effectively through ambiguity and will need to keep their product teams focussed on the big picture whilst providing the air cover their teams need to get on with their jobs in an organisation and structure that wasn't originally designed with the needs of digital teams in mind and is going through significant change.
The Head of Product must be an expert in:
- Setting the vision for their product area (i.e. what they expect their team to achieve, how this will compliment the wider ecosystem of digital products and the results they expect to achieve for customers/the business with their products).
- Leading teams and setting the right product culture within their team to ensure that the right features are prioritised and delivered that will deliver the required results with the maximum impact possible.
- As a result, the Heads of Products should have a proven track record of hiring and developing strong digital product teams and delivering successful digital products.
- Ensuring the necessary work is delivers the required business outcomes. It's not enough to just get new products to market we need to realise the value. This will require strong product process and stakeholder management skills.
WHAT DO WE OFFER?
At GSK we are all inspired by the difference we make and challenge ourselves every day to improve the lives of patients and consumers. That's why we have created an environment where everyone feels valued, able to develop, contribute to our mission and be proud of what we achieve.
To support you in achieving your role and career ambitions you'll be given the opportunity to:
- Play an important role in delivering our mission
- Be an essential part of diverse, global team
- Develop others as part of your own professional growth
You'll also receive a competitive salary package including on target bonus, shares, private medical insurance, Company Pension Plan, 26 days annual holiday, private healthcare option, bonus scheme and a share purchase scheme plus a personalized career development pathway.
Interested in Joining the Team?
Closing date for applications: 24th August 2018
During the course of your application you will be requested to complete voluntary information which will be used in monitoring the effectiveness of our equality and diversity policies. Your information will be treated as confidential and will not be used in any part of the selection process.
If you require a reasonable adjustment to the application / selection process to enable you to demonstrate your ability to perform the job requirements please contact 0808 234 4391. This will help us to understand any modifications we may need to make to support you throughout our selection process.
When applying for this role, please use the 'cover letter' of the on-line application to describe how you meet the competencies for this role, as outlined in the job requirements above.
The information that you have provided in your cover letter and CV will be used to assess your application.
Thank you for your interest in this opportunity.
- Experience as a Head of/Director of Product with Product Managers as your direct reports and experience in digital Product Management.
- Certified Product Owner having led teams through agile transformations previously.
- Demonstrable experience across using / managing marketing campaigns or campaign platforms.
- Proven ability to develop others, from hiring the right talent to actively developing your team to perform to the highest standards.
- Demonstrable experience devising and selling your own vision for the products you have been responsible for.
- Solid experience leading teams in truly agile environments - releasing new product increments regularly, testing and reiterating.
- A strong technical understanding/ability to communicate with technical and design/UX teams to lead their and your own team through to delivering the best possible products.
- Excellent collaboration skills with an ability to gain the respect/buy-in from your stakeholders across GSK.
- A demonstrable ability to understands the needs and economics of a business and the market around it.
- A data and user driven approach to product management - with a comprehensive portfolio of product releases/case studies of your own/from teams you have run to prove it.
- A user centric approach to product development, leading your teams to focus on the genuine end user need above the views of internal stakeholders.
- Plenty of creativity - you will have - and encourage from your team - lots of new ideas and be hungry to lead your team to test them and to see the results.
- A strong communicator and good listener, able to present ideas coherently leading to achieving a consensus, even where stakeholders are from a diverse range of business areas.
- A global mindset is essential to work at GSK and knowledge/experience with how digital products need to vary across markets while supporting the need for us to remain a scalable business
- Please see basic requirements
At GSK we are a science-led global healthcare company. We research and develop a broad range of innovative products in three primary areas of Pharmaceuticals, Vaccines and Consumer Healthcare. Our mission is inspiring and challenging - to help people do more, feel better and live longer.
We have a significant global presence with commercial operations in more than 150 countries, a network of 86 manufacturing sites in 36 countries and large R&D centres in the UK, USA, Spain, Belgium and China.
You may apply for this position online by selecting the Apply now button.
Important notice to Employment businesses/ Agencies
GSK does not accept referrals from employment businesses and/or employment agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site. All employment businesses/agencies are required to contact GSK's commercial and general procurement/human resources department to obtain prior written authorisation before referring any candidates to GSK. The obtaining of prior written authorisation is a condition precedent to any agreement (verbal or written) between the employment business/ agency and GSK. In the absence of such written authorisation being obtained any actions undertaken by the employment business/agency shall be deemed to have been performed without the consent or contractual agreement of GSK. GSK shall therefore not be liable for any fees arising from such actions or any fees arising from any referrals by employment businesses/agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site.