Reward Manager UK & Ireland - Open to flexible working
Diageo is the world’s leading premium drinks company with an outstanding collection of brands, such as Johnnie Walker, Smirnoff, Baileys, Captain Morgan, Tanqueray and Guinness. Our purpose – Celebrating life, every day, everywhere – has an important role in our company, for our people, our diversity, our brands, in how we perform and how we create shared value.
This pivotal Reward Manager role provides thought leadership to enable the effective delivery of the reward function goals within the wider HR and business strategy. Ultimately this position is responsible for providing long term competitive advantage to the business in terms of best talent attraction, motivation and employee retention through leading edge compensation and benefit programs.
The role leads on the total reward agenda for UK and Republic of Ireland, along with being the Reward Business Partner for a number of Diageo’s key markets (GB and Ireland) and Global Functions (HR, Corporate Relations, Legal, Global Travel, and Sales and Marketing). This remit includes accountability for approximately 5,000 employees who work across many aspects of Diageo’s business in the UK, Ireland and globally.
- Develops a depth and breadth of expertise and provides internal consulting on all key reward enablers – including market data acquisition and analysis, salary management, job evaluation, incentive plan design, policy development and total reward communications.
- Understand the external market practice for Reward within the UK and drive reward proposals with papers for stake.holder engagement. Influence and gain approval for significant changes to be implemented. Develop the effectiveness of Reward programmes.
- Leading a team of Reward analysts to deliver the reward needs across multiple functions and stake.holders, coaching and developing the team and supporting the prioritisation of work.
- Shape the UK&I Reward strategy to prioritise improvement areas, in line with the Global Reward strategy and country specific business needs.
- Maintains relationship with 3rd party providers for effective Benefits Management delivery, including flexible benefits, medical and broker partnerships.
- partners, people managers and Shared Service centres to enable the attraction, retention and motivation of our people.
Qualifications and Experience Required
- Bachelor’s degree, preferably in Human Resources or business
- Minimum 8 years professional Human Resources experience – preferably with at least 4 years reward experience with a focus on compensation and benefit design and/or reward application (ideally within the countries it will be supporting)
- Comprehensive understanding of core reward practices, e.g. benchmarking methodologies, salary range development, benefits management. Familiarity with the UK reward landscape advantageous, e.g., gender pay gap reporting and legislative environment.
- Proven strategic and analytical thinking skills with the ability to solve problems in a timely manner. Uses experience to focus attention on key issues.
- Experience of contributing to change programmes in a dynamic business environment. Embraces change and takes ownership for driving reward initiatives.
Celebrating our inclusive and diverse culture is core to Diageo’s purpose of “celebrating life every day everywhere”. This purpose is, in itself, inclusive in nature, as it values everybody irrespective of background, disability, religion, gender identity, sexuality or ethnicity.
We know that for our business to thrive and for Diageo to realise its ambition, we depend on having diverse talent with a range of backgrounds, skills and capabilities in each of the 180 countries in which we operate and to reflect our broad consumer base. We view diversity as one of the key enablers that helps our business to grow and our values, purpose and standards set the conditions for us to respect the unique contribution each person brings.
Flexibility is key to success in our business and many of our staff work flexibly in many different ways, including part-time, compressed hours, flexible location. Please talk to us about what flexibility means to you and don’t let anything stop you from applying.
Character Is Everything