Change and Release Manager - Open to flexible working
Right now, we’re on an incredible journey as we prepare to become the first independent, 100% focused consumer healthcare company. We’re doing this at a time when the work we do has never mattered more. Better everyday health is about improving the health and wellness of the consumers that we touch every year – over a billion and a half of them – and it goes beyond products. It’s about truly helping people manage their health proactively in different ways as consumer needs evolve.
With category leading brands such as Sensodyne, Voltaren and Centrum, built on trusted science and human understanding, and combined with our passion, knowledge and expertise, we’re uniquely placed to do this and to grow a strong, successful business.
We are currently seeking an enthusiastic Change and Release Manager.
Our hiring process will find the right level/role for you based on your technical depth and breadth of experience.
- This role is to support the planning, preparation and release of applications for Consumer Healthcare.
- As a Senior, Change & Release Manager, you will be responsible for managing activities related to Technology Infrastructure change and software/system releases across our portfolio of Technology services. Delivering hands-on management, planning and communication of system changes or software releases which affect our business and customers. You will be an ambassador for our Change and Release Management function and will identify and maintain key relationships with internal and external stakeholders to continually improve the reputation of Consumer Healthcare Technology.
- This role coordinates Change & Release activities across various phases of readiness, leading and coordinating cross-functional global technology teams to manage a gated path-to-production by overseeing both autonomous and human-led approval steps.
- This role acts as the single point of communication to key senior stakeholders including business and technology leadership as well as external partners and customer facing groups with an enterprise-wide view of Technology related Change and Release activity.
- You will play an integral role in developing our enterprise-wide Service Assurance capability through driving and aligning operational best practices related to Change and Release Management across the technology organisation.
Qualifications & Skills
- 8 years working within Software project management, ITIL, Software Release Management related functions. Experience in cross-functional / shared-services technology environments.
- Experience in managing change or release mgmt. functions with accountability for performance and availability.
- Excellent collaborator both in a direct and matrix organisation.
- Strong 3rd party vendor management.
- Excellent senior stakeholder management
- Excellent cross-functional planning and execution.
Preferred Qualifications & Skills:
- Familiar with DevOps and SRE practices
- Understanding of regulations that impact the consumer health industry (e.g., GxP, GDPR / Schrems, Sarbanes Oxley).
Diversity, Equity and Inclusion
In Consumer Healthcare we embrace our diverse workforce by creating an inclusive environment that celebrates our unique perspectives, generates curiosity to create unmatched understanding of each other, and promotes fair and equitable outcomes for everyone.
We’re striving to create a climate where we celebrate our diversity in all forms by treating each other with respect, listening to different viewpoints, supporting our communities, and creating a workplace where your authentic self belongs and thrives.
New Consumer Healthcare HQ:
Recently we’ve shared some exciting proposals with our colleagues which mark an important moment in our preparations for separation and becoming a new, standalone Consumer Healthcare company.
Our preparations are going well. GSK is on track to separate in mid-2022 and create two incredible new companies, each with the ability to improve the health of millions of patients and consumers worldwide, and both great places to work.
We’ve already confirmed that our new Consumer Healthcare company will be headquartered in the UK and the first step we’re taking is to announce proposals to move our CH business from our current location in GSK House in Brentford when we separate, into a new, CH headquarters in Weybridge. This will be a temporary, but important move in the short term, whilst we take this opportunity to design for the future and create an inspiring, flexible, collaborative workspace that meets the changing needs of our people and our business needs.
Inspired by our new culture and purpose, and with a commitment to our sustainability goals, we plan to build a new campus close by which would be home to our headquarters teams, our UK business, our global Oral Health category, R&D and innovation teams, as well as a state-of-the-art Shopper Science lab.
As a company driven by our values of Patient focus, Transparency, Respect and Integrity, we know inclusion and diversity are essential for us to be able to succeed. We want all our colleagues to thrive at GSK bringing their unique experiences, ensuring they feel good and to keep growing their careers. As a candidate for a role, we want you to feel the same way.
As an Equal Opportunity Employer, we are open to all talent. In the US, we also adhere to Affirmative Action principles. This ensures that all qualified applicants will receive equal consideration for employment without regard to race/ethnicity, colour, national origin, religion, gender, pregnancy, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, age, disability, genetic information, military service, covered/protected veteran status or any other federal, state or local protected class*(*US only).
We believe in an agile working culture for all our roles. If flexibility is important to you, we encourage you to explore with our hiring team what the opportunities are.
As you apply, we will ask you to share some personal information which is entirely voluntary. We want to have an opportunity to consider a diverse pool of qualified candidates and this information will assist us in meeting that objective and in understanding how well we are doing against our inclusion and diversity ambitions. We would really appreciate it if you could take a few moments to complete it. Rest assured, Hiring Managers do not have access to this information and we will treat your information confidentially.
Important notice to Employment businesses/ Agencies
GSK does not accept referrals from employment businesses and/or employment agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site. All employment businesses/agencies are required to contact GSK's commercial and general procurement/human resources department to obtain prior written authorization before referring any candidates to GSK. The obtaining of prior written authorization is a condition precedent to any agreement (verbal or written) between the employment business/ agency and GSK. In the absence of such written authorization being obtained any actions undertaken by the employment business/agency shall be deemed to have been performed without the consent or contractual agreement of GSK. GSK shall therefore not be liable for any fees arising from such actions or any fees arising from any referrals by employment businesses/agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site.