Senior Manager- full time, open to flexible working
Our Public Services team is one of the largest in the country combining external audit, internal audit, counter fraud and advisory in one place. We work across local government, health, housing, charities and education. While you will focus on health and local government internal audits initially, you will have the opportunity to try other sectors and develop your knowledge and technical skills in other business streams.
Our clients operate in uncertain times. It’s our job to work with them to help them to deliver healthcare, social care and other key services. We believe that internal audit plays a key role in supporting them, stepping beyond controls to focus on strategy, patient care, productivity and governance. You’ll be at the forefront of change, making a difference to vital public services.
We will consider applications for Senior Manager and Manager positions.
What you’ll be doing
- Act as trusted internal audit adviser to our clients, drawing on our wider public sector team to deliver your work.
- Work with the team and client to develop the internal audit plan, ensuring an appropriate coverage of strategy, patient care, productivity, governance and finance.
- Have the opportunity to work with our internal audit leadership team to develop innovative internal audit reviews.
- Work with our data and information technology teams to develop and deliver data driven insight, and IT governance work.
- Meet with senior members of our clients’ workforce to discuss our internal audits and agree the changes needed to improve patient care and other services.
- Oversee the implementation of the internal audit plan, liaising with our clients and audit team.
- Work with our internal audit associates to deliver the plan, ensuring they are developed along the way.
- Complete your own internal audit work on complex risk areas.
- Write the internal audit reports, ensuring they hit the quality standards and create change
- Work with our senior leadership team to grow our internal audit business.
Who we're looking for:
- Experience of leading internal audits of varying sizes across healthcare and local government.
- A genuine interest in healthcare and local government, with an ability to confidently discuss business challenges and needs.
- The ability to communicate confidently and effectively with colleagues and clients at all levels.
- An interest in bringing new ideas and creating change through innovation.
- A strong technical and public sector knowledge and an ability to lead valuable discussions with our clients.
- Passion and belief in public services, with a drive to make a difference and shape a Vibrant Economy.
Please click apply for further details.
The time you spend outside of work helps shape what you can bring to our firm. Many of our people act as volunteers, provide free support to public services, or act as non-executive directors. We value the commitments you may have outside of work and will consider all flexible working applications.