Assistant Manager, Analytics and Modelling - Flexible working, Hybrid working, Returners
Assistant Manager, Analytics and Modelling, Financial Services, Assurance, London
Our Assurance practice encompasses skills across regulation and finance with a deep analytics capability. We harness these to provide Assurance to those charged with governance, serving the public interest. Working in Assurance means you will have an opportunity to work alongside leading experts, as we help build and enhance trust between businesses and the public, by responding to emerging issues and protecting the public interest. Providing assurance to help businesses become more resilient, agile and better prepared for the future.
To be resilient, businesses must be ready to respond to current and future challenges and opportunities. They are increasingly being required to be more transparent with their reporting, to drive trust and confidence in the market, and protect the wider public interest.
Assurance builds, maintains and develops confidence. We provide independent assurance by assessing the risks and underlying processes, providing conclusions as to which risks are being managed and mitigated in line with the business’ appetite for risk. Deloitte’s assurance offerings help those charged with governance to understand their business and build trust amongst key stakeholders and regulators.
High quality and transparent reporting on data use and compliance of data handling is critical for both regulatory compliance and for rebuilding the trust of the public. Our dedicated Analytics team specialise in helping clients understand their data. By working seamlessly with the Specialist, Modelling and Analytics, Central and Securitisation teams we are able to get client projects over the line, often against challenging timelines.
Deloitte supports Agile and Hybrid working
We are proud to offer flexible working arrangements which allow our people to choose the most suitable working arrangement that works for them. Whether this is working 4 days per week, taking the summer months off work, or more flexibility around your working pattern, we consider both formal and informal working arrangements that allow our people and our clients the best outcome.
If you would like to hear more about our flexible working arrangements, please let us know.
Are you looking to return to the workplace after an extended career break?
For this role we can offer coaching and support designed for returners to refresh your knowledge and skills and help your transition back into the workplace after a career break of 2 years or more. If this is relevant for you, just let your recruiter know when you make your application.
We are looking to expand our team by the hiring of focused, aspirational and collaborative practitioners, and as such we are offering the opportunity to join as a Senior Associate or Assistant Manager to support this challenging and rapidly expanding business.
The successful candidate will have responsibility for delivery across a range of analytics and modelling offerings within financial services. You will understand our clients' industry and be able to anticipate complex business problems and the issues they face, recommending appropriate action.
- Working with our clients to provide analytics and modelling assurance services including model testing, challenger model development, model risk governance framework design, data analysis and quality reviews, report generation and visualization;
- Working with Deloitte audit teams to integrate analytics and modelling offerings into the external audit approach;
- Providing analytics and modelling services through the use of software such as SQL, SAS, Python, VBA, Tableau, Power BI, Alteryx and R;
- Support business development and go-to-market activities;
- Development and delivery of new and innovative analytics tools to support evolving regulatory requirements within the changing financial services environment;
- Building and developing long term relationships with stakeholders across our client organisations
- Working effectively in diverse teams within an inclusive team culture where people are recognised for their contribution
Your work, your choice
At Deloitte we believe the best impact is the value we add, not the hours we sit at our desk. We carefully consider agile ways of working, both formal and informal, that allow for the best impact for our people and our clients. Please speak to your recruiter about the working pattern that works best for you.
Location: London with occasional domestic and international travel and an option of working from home when appropriate
Work pattern: This is a permanent full-time opportunity.
Your professional experience
- At least a Bachelor’s degree or equivalent, preferably in a quantitative field such as mathematics, physics, statistics, computer science or engineering;
- Experience of working in an analytics or modelling team;
- Technical experience in one or more of the following tools: SQL, SAS, Python, VBA, Tableau, Power BI, Alteryx and R
- Hands on experience in various data processing, including data quality assessment, data cleaning, consolidation, analysis, visualisation and insights interpretation;
- Proactive with a desire to continue to learn and develop both quantitative and qualitative skills;
- Exceptional analytical capabilities and a passion for problem solving;
- Strong verbal and written communication skills;
- An eye for detail, and a structured and thorough approach to delivering high quality output;
- Ability to build and develop strong client relationships
- Holding or working towards a professional qualification (e.g. CQF, FRM, CFA, ACCA, ACA, CISA);
- Understanding of one or more asset classes within investment, corporate, commercial or retail banking;
- Knowledge of current economic and market trends;
Your Service Line: Audit & Assurance:
In an industry best known for looking back, Deloitte looks beyond.
As the leading experts in Audit & Assurance, we help build and enhance trust and transparency between businesses and the public, by responding to emerging issues and protecting the public interest. Our expertise covers audit and assurance services across all sectors, enabling stronger systems of quality control and risk capability. We help companies, investors and the general public make more informed decisions by adhering to the highest standards of independence, professional objectivity and technical excellence.
Innovation is key for us, underpinned by audit quality. At Deloitte you will be joining a diverse team of experts capable of delivering meaningful and durable change for both our clients and our profession.
Regulation and controls are standard practice in our industry and Deloitte is no exception. These controls provide important legal protection for both you and the firm. We are subject to a number of audit regulations, one of which requires that certain colleagues abide by specific personal independence constraints. This can mean that you and your "Immediate Family Members" are not permitted to hold certain financial interests (shares, funds, bonds etc.) with audit clients of the firm. The recruitment team will provide further detail as you progress through the recruitment process.
Our Purpose & Strategy
To make an impact that matters for our clients, our people and society - defines who we are and what we stand for. Our purpose provides the foundation for our strategy and our aspiration to be the undisputed leader in professional services: this is not about size, it's about being the first choice. The first choice for the largest and most influential clients, and the first choice for the best talent.
What do we do?
Deloitte offers global integrated professional services that include Audit & Assurance, Consulting, Financial Advisory, Legal, Risk Advisory and Tax Consulting. Our approach combines intellectual leadership, industrial expertise, insight, consulting & problem solving capabilities whatever the role, technology revolutions and innovation from multiple disciplines to help our clients excel anywhere in the world.
Beyond the UK: Deloitte North and South Europe
The UK is part of Deloitte North and South Europe (NSE), the second largest member firm in the Deloitte network. Deloitte NSE combines operations in Belgium, Central Mediterranean (Italy, Greece, Malta), Ireland, the Middle East (Bahrain, Cyprus, Egypt, Iraq, Jordan, Kuwait, Lebanon, Libya, Oman, Palestinian Ruled Territories, Qatar, Saudi Arabia, United Arab Emirates, Yemen), the Netherlands, the Nordics (Denmark, Finland, Iceland, Norway and Sweden), Switzerland and the UK. Deloitte NSE brings together 2,700 partners and over 50,000 people, combining our unmatched breadth and depth of capabilities in audit and assurance, consulting, financial advisory, risk advisory, and tax and legal across the region. Being part of Deloitte NSE supports our aspiration to be the undisputed leader in professional services and will create more opportunity and growth for our people.
What do we value?
What brings us all together at Deloitte? It’s how we approach the thousands of decisions we make every day. How we behave, our beliefs and our attitudes. In other words: our values. Whatever we do, wherever we are in the world, we lead the way, serve with integrity, take care of each other, foster inclusion, and collaborate for maximum impact. These five shared values lead every decision we make and action we take, guiding us to deliver impact how and where it matters most.
Being a Leader at Deloitte
Cultural fit and purpose-led leadership is crucial for Deloitte. Our leaders always set the example and inspire their colleagues. They make quality time for people and take an interest in them. They know what matters to people - both inside and outside work – and value them as individuals; always finding opportunities to develop them while showing respect and appreciation.
We expect colleagues at all levels to embrace and live our purpose and our leadership culture by challenging themselves to identify issues that are most important for our clients, our people, and for society and make an impact that matters. We know leadership comes in all shapes and sizes, but our Leadership Charter helps all of our people understand what we’re looking for:
- We live our purpose: we act as a role model, embracing and living our purpose and values, and recognising others for the impact they make
- We develop talent: we develop high-performing people and teams through challenging and meaningful opportunities
- We drive performance: we deliver exceptional client service; maximise results and drive high performance from people while fostering collaboration across businesses and borders
- We believe positive influence can make an impact that matters: we influence clients, teams, and individuals positively, leading by example and establishing confident relationships with increasingly senior people
- We move, together, towards a strategic direction: we understand key objectives for clients and Deloitte, aligning people to objectives and setting priorities and direction.
Please click 'Apply' to submit your application