Senior Executive (Manager) - Financial Services, Transaction Diligence - Open to flexible working
The integration of our Europe, Middle East, India and Africa (EMEIA) practices means that the FSO Strategy & Transactions team now comprises almost 300 people across the UK, Germany, France, Italy, Belgium, Netherlands, Spain and Switzerland. Our UK FSO Strategy & Transactions practice currently comprises approximately 100 people, and as a result of significant market activity in the Financial Services sector (partly driven by the impacts of the ongoing global financial crisis for our clients) the team continues to grow across all of our services and now is a great time to be a part of what we are looking to achieve.
As part of this wider team, the Financial Services Transaction Diligence (FSO TD) team currently comprises around 45 people based in the UK. You will have the opportunity to work alongside and learn from some of the leading practitioners in the domain and work on challenging client engagements, and benefit from being part of a practice that places high emphasis on learning and development. Our projects are typically complex, integrated assignments that frequently involve working with colleagues across a variety of disciplines, as well as other professional advisers. Our clients include leading global companies across the Insurance, Banking & Capital Markets and Asset Management industries as well as private equity, central banks and Government treasury departments.
Our FS Transaction Diligence team aims to assist clients across a wide spectrum of financial services sector throughout the entire transaction process, and works closely with other specialists both within TAS and other Service Lines. Whilst traditional financial due diligence is a key element of our work, transaction support is much broader, incorporating assistance with strategic assessment, transaction management, negotiation and documentation, and post-completion processes.
Typically, you'll analyse the financial and operational results of companies targeted for sale by reviewing financial information and participating in interviews with management. You'll work effectively as a team member by demonstrating your commitment to quality, sharing responsibility, providing support, maintaining communication and updating senior team members on progress. You'll also help to create a positive learning culture for junior team members and support their development. And as part of your role in the wider team, you’ll have a role to play in other team initiatives – for example, account management and recruitment.
Your key responsibilities
As a Senior Executive in Transaction Diligence you will be a vital member of the team managing and executing financial diligence project work. You’ll be focused on analysing financial data and identifying key trends behind the performance of a business, discussing business performance and forecast assumptions with senior team management, and helping to write reports that set out our findings and recommendations around the key financial and business issues in a transaction. You’ll also project manage teams, helping to develop junior colleagues and work closely with all members as well as forming strong internal links within transaction support and other departments in EY both in the UK and internationally to form multi-disciplinary teams.
Skills and attributes for success
- Handling financial due diligence engagements
- Analyse financial and operational results of businesses to be acquired or sold through reviewing accounting records and conducting interviews with management
- Plan, prepare and review deliverables in various forms including excel databooks, written reports, presentations and discussions with the client
- Identifying negotiation factors for purchase price and deal structuring
- Constantly researching industry trends and technologies, as well as seasonality and cyclicality on cash flow requirements to provide knowledge and insight to clients
To qualify for the role you must have
- ACA or equivalent qualified
- Commercial awareness gained through direct experience (either from within an Audit or Transaction Support role) working with companies across the Insurance, Banking & Capital Markets and Asset Management industries as well as private equity, central banks and Government treasury departments.
- Have Strong commercial experience and/or relevant industry or transaction experience
- Excellent analytical skills and the confidence to translate complex data into meaningful insights
- The ability to prioritize effectively on projects and the skills to adapt quickly to new challenges and concepts
- Excellent negotiation and influencing skills, and the ability to develop long-lasting relationships both internally and externally
Ideally, you’ll also have
- A keen interest in financial services activity
- Experience gained within another large professional services organization
- Counselling skills to help support the development of junior members of the team
What we look for
We’re interested in talented professionals with the ability to visualise our clients’ goals and think creatively to facilitate them – often in politically charged environments. If you have an entrepreneurial spirit, and a genuine passion for taking on new challenges, this role is for you.
What working at EY offers
We offer a competitive remuneration package where you’ll be rewarded for your individual and team performance. Our comprehensive Total Rewards package includes support for flexible working and career development, and with FlexEY you can select benefits that suit your needs, covering holidays, health and well-being, insurance, savings and a wide range of discounts, offers and promotions. Plus, we offer:
- Support and coaching from some of the most engaging colleagues around
- Opportunities to develop new skills and progress your career
- The freedom and flexibility to handle your role in a way that’s right for you
EY is committed to being an inclusive employer and we are happy to consider flexible working arrangements. We strive to achieve the right balance for our people, enabling us to deliver excellent client service whilst allowing you to build your career without sacrificing your personal priorities. While our client-facing professionals can be required to travel regularly, and at times be based at client sites, our flexible working arrangements can help you to achieve a lifestyle balance.
As a global leader in assurance, tax, transaction and advisory services, we’re using the finance products, expertise and systems we’ve developed to build a better working world. That starts with a culture that believes in giving you the training, opportunities and creative freedom to make things better. Whenever you join, however long you stay, the exceptional EY experience lasts a lifetime. And with a commitment to hiring and developing the most passionate people, we’ll make our ambition to be the best employer by 2020 a reality.