Senior Communications Manager, part time - 3 days per week
2 days left
- Contract Type
Many of the diseases and conditions that affect human health have been cured or overcome as a result of medical research, but there will always be more to do and there are areas of medical need that receive little or no support – and people’s lives that see no improvement. That’s where we step in. The Medical Research Foundation is an independent charitable foundation. Formed by the MRC, we grow and nurture people and ideas wherever we see opportunities with great potential. Investing the power of our donations to change medicine and change lives.
We are looking for a part-time Senior Communications Manager to join our rapidly expanding team in our central London offices. You will be responsible for the design, development and delivery of a multi-channelled programme of communications activities to build our identity, reputation and profile by telling the stories of the scientists that we support, their ground-breaking research and its impact on human health.
Who you are
You are inspired to help us to deliver our vision to advance medical research, improve human health and change people’s lives. Our team is proud to work for the Medical Research Foundation. We are ambitious for the Medical Research Foundation and for ourselves. We are approachable - providing advice to everyone and explaining our work. We are dedicated and committed to achieving the most for our donors and our researchers. And we are involved – constantly looking for new ways to engage and improve. We love our work and we will be looking for this in you too.
What you can bring to the role
You will have experience of:
- the strategic role of communications.
- shaping and delivering successful communications strategies in a senior communications or engagement role.
- communications in a health-focused organisation.
- producing creative materials for a range of audiences including translating complex scientific information for non-scientific audiences
- working with print, broadcast, digital, video and social media including content development and production
- building relationships with the research community in the UK.
How to apply
For further details and to make your application please click the "apply" button below.
Closing date: Friday 21 September 2018 at midday
Applicants to be advised if they have been shortlisted, Thursday 27th September 2018
Interview date: Wednesday 3rd October 2018