Senior Manager, Markets Assurance - Part Time, Full Time, Returners, Flexible Working
Senior Manager, Markets Assurance, Regulatory Assurance, Audit and Assurance
Our Assurance practice encompasses skills across regulation and finance with a deep analytics capability. We harness these to provide Assurance to those charged with governance, serving the public interest. Working in Assurance means you will have an opportunity to work alongside leading experts, as we help build and enhance trust between businesses and the public, by responding to emerging issues and protecting the public interest. Providing assurance to help businesses become more resilient, agile and better prepared for the future.
To be resilient, businesses must be ready to respond to current and future challenges and opportunities. They are increasingly being required to be more transparent with their reporting, to drive trust and confidence in the market, and protect the wider public interest.
Assurance builds, maintains and develops confidence. We provide independent assurance by assessing the risks and underlying processes, providing conclusions as to which risks are being managed and mitigated in line with the business’ appetite for risk. Deloitte’s assurance offerings help those charged with governance to understand their business and build trust amongst key stakeholders and regulators.
Regulatory reform continues to shape the Audit & Assurance landscape. The Regulatory Assurance team specialise in helping those charged with governance build trust and confidence their business. The expertise within the Regulatory Assurance team spans both BCM and Insurance.
The Markets Assurance Team, part of the Regulatory Assurance Group, provides risk and regulatory expertise to a range of wholesale and retail financial institutions to support firms gain greater confidence over their front-to-back systems, processes and controls.
The team is at the forefront of new and emerging market trends, operating across three phases of the market lifecycle and you will have the opportunity to make a difference to our clients across these 3 areas:
We help clients face regulatory scrutiny, enforcement action and/or legal disputes, often focusing on contentious issues that require litigation, expert witness support and deep investigatory analysis. We deploy tailored analysis combined with a solid understanding of industry practices; utilising banking product and front to back process and control knowledge and collaborate frequently with our forensic experts to assist firms understand what went wrong and how to remediate and resolve these issues.
Following past risk and regulatory issues, and in the era of personal accountability and reform in financial markets (e.g. FX remediation, benchmark reform and regulatory consent orders), we help clients to improve processes and controls by leveraging our thorough understanding of front to back systems and controls, alongside a practical understanding of current and future markets regulation and best practices. Our expertise and experience means we apply a solid point of view of “what good looks like”, and identify proportionate and innovative ways to enhance risk management with a particular focus on wholesale/investment banking.
With the enhancement of control functions across the three lines of defence, an increased regulation of business activities and heightened internal and external stakeholder scrutiny, we work with clients to help with design and implementation of process and control frameworks which are ‘fit for assurance’ or provide independent third party assurance testing ourselves of the design and operational effectiveness of controls.
Are you looking to return to the workplace after an extended career break?
For this role we can offer coaching and support designed for returners to refresh your knowledge and skills, and help your transition back into the workplace after a career break of 2 years or more. If this is relevant for you, just let your recruiter know when you make your application.
You will understand our clients' industry and the issues they face, and provide them with relevant advice. The combination of your specialist and core assurance skills, industry expertise and on-going investment in this area will allow you to anticipate complex business problems for our clients and recommend appropriate action.
You will be leveraging a core assurance skillset and knowledge of front to back processes and controls at financial institutions in the design and execution of testing, and reporting to senior management, including the ability to identify recommendations for change, and suggest process and control improvements. You will:
- Work with your teams to provide professional services across the lifecycle described above.
- Help meet day-to-day delivery project objectives, including the management of junior staff, direct interaction with clients, and regular reporting to senior internal and client stakeholders.
- Have responsibility to deliver written reports, working papers, and summary analyses.
- Project manage and budget, report to stakeholders, risk manage, and manage projects according to best practice.
- Build and maintain external networks, including assisting with preparing responses to requests for proposals.
- Manage diverse teams within an inclusive team culture where people are recognised for their contribution.
Your work, your choice
At Deloitte we believe the best impact is the value we add, not the hours we sit at our desk. We carefully consider agile ways of working, both formal and informal, that allow for the best impact for our people and our clients. Please speak to your recruiter about the working pattern that works best for you.
Location: London based role with occasional domestic and international travel
Work pattern: This is a permanent opportunity. The role can be worked on a full-time / part-time basis.
Our team members work a variety of agile working patterns. Tell us what arrangement works for you and we will try to accommodate.
Your professional experience
To qualify for the role you must have:
- Knowledge of FCA (or equivalent NCA) Markets regulation and regulatory initiatives (e.g FRTB, MiFIDII, EMIR, FICC Codes of Conduct, Market Abuse Regulation, EU Benchmark Regulation) or
- Knowledge of the FCA Handbook and relevant retail legislation (eg Consumer Credit Act)
- Detailed knowledge and experience of the front to back product and control lifecycle across FICC and/or Commercial Markets
- Proficient understanding of current economic, regulatory and market trends
- Understanding of financial instruments including derivatives, loans, mortgages and similar debt types
- Strong written and oral communication, including experience in delivering reports to senior stakeholders
- Able to work independently as well as part of a team
- Impressive analytical capabilities (including proficiency in MS Excel, PowerPoint and Word)
- Strong Project Management Skills (input to the design of approach, management of junior staff, client stakeholders, timely reporting to internal and client senior management)
- Proven track record of developing and maintaining strong client relationships
- Highly motivated and committed
- Positive and ambitious attitude
We are interested in a variety of professional backgrounds. Additional desirable experience include but are not limited to:
- Financial benchmark reform (for example LIBOR Transition)
- Electronic/Algorithmic trading control (including knowledge of MiFID II RTS 6)
- Risk management in commodities markets
- Forensic investigatory or project work
- Board and subcommittee governance and effectiveness
- Financial instrument valuations (including analytics and modelling of vanilla and complex financial instruments across asset classes)
- IFRS/Technical Accounting
- Product design and sales distribution processes
- Trading risk identification and reporting
- External/Internal Audit in wholesale markets and the financial services sector
- Aptitude with Excel and Access
- An ACA (or equivalent) qualification
Your service line: Audit & Assurance
In an industry best known for looking back, Deloitte looks beyond.
Our Audit & Assurance team understand the most important decisions are the ones we are yet to make. Crafting the future in an informed and clear-sighted way means understanding current conditions, as well as the trends that are shaping tomorrow. That is why we use our expertise in audit to show where things stand now, and to help inform the next step. With the assurance we provide, we help our clients to look ahead with strength and confidence across all of their accounting, regulatory and transaction needs.
Innovation is the key, underpinned by audit quality. You will be joining a diverse team of experts capable of delivering meaningful and durable change for both our clients and our profession.
Regulation and controls are standard practice in our industry and Deloitte is no exception. These controls provide important legal protection for both you and the firm. We are subject to a number of audit regulations, one of which requires that certain colleagues abide by specific personal independence constraints. This can mean that you and your "Immediate Family Members" are not permitted to hold certain financial interests (shares, funds, bonds etc.) with audit clients of the firm. The recruitment team will provide further detail as you progress through the recruitment process.
Our Purpose & Strategy
To make an impact that matters for our clients, our people and society - defines who we are and what we stand for. Our purpose provides the foundation for our strategy and our aspiration to be the undisputed leader in professional services: this is not about size, it's about being the first choice. The first choice for the largest and most influential clients, and the first choice for the best talent.
What do we do?
Deloitte offers global integrated professional services that include Audit & Assurance, Consulting, Financial Advisory, Legal, Risk Advisory and Tax Consulting. Our approach combines intellectual leadership, industrial expertise, insight, consulting & problem solving capabilities whatever the role, technology revolutions and innovation from multiple disciplines to help our clients excel anywhere in the world.
Beyond the UK: Deloitte North and South Europe
The UK is part of Deloitte North and South Europe (NSE), the second largest member firm in the Deloitte network. Deloitte NSE combines operations in Belgium, Central Mediterranean (Italy, Greece, Malta), Ireland, the Middle East (Bahrain, Cyprus, Egypt, Iraq, Jordan, Kuwait, Lebanon, Libya, Oman, Palestinian Ruled Territories, Qatar, Saudi Arabia, United Arab Emirates, Yemen), the Netherlands, the Nordics (Denmark, Finland, Iceland, Norway and Sweden), Switzerland and the UK. Deloitte NSE brings together 2,700 partners and over 50,000 people, combining our unmatched breadth and depth of capabilities in audit and assurance, consulting, financial advisory, risk advisory, and tax and legal across the region. Being part of Deloitte NSE supports our aspiration to be the undisputed leader in professional services and will create more opportunity and growth for our people.
What do we value?
What brings us all together at Deloitte? it's how we approach the thousands of decisions we make every day. How we behave, our beliefs and our attitudes. In other words: our values. Whatever we do, wherever we are in the world, we lead the way, serve with integrity, take care of each other, foster inclusion, and collaborate for maximum impact. These five shared values lead every decision we make and action we take, guiding us to deliver impact how and where it matters most.
Being a Leader at Deloitte
Cultural fit and purpose-led leadership is crucial for Deloitte. Our leaders always set the example and inspire their colleagues. They make quality time for people and take an interest in them. They know what matters to people - both inside and outside work and value them as individuals; always finding opportunities to develop them while showing respect and appreciation.
We expect colleagues at all levels to embrace and live our purpose and our leadership culture by challenging themselves to identify issues that are most important for our clients, our people, and for society and make an impact that matters. We know leadership comes in all shapes and sizes, but our Leadership Charter helps all of our people understand what We're looking for:
- We live our purpose: we act as a role model, embracing and living our purpose and values, and recognising others for the impact they make
- We develop talent: we develop high-performing people and teams through challenging and meaningful opportunities
- We drive performance: we deliver exceptional client service; maximise results and drive high performance from people while fostering collaboration across businesses and borders
- We believe positive influence can make an impact that matters: we influence clients, teams, and individuals positively, leading by example and establishing confident relationships with increasingly senior people
- We move, together, towards a strategic direction: we understand key objectives for clients and Deloitte, aligning people to objectives and setting priorities and direction.
Please click 'Apply' to submit your application