Assistant Manager, Markets Assurance - Flexible working, Hybrid working, Returners
Assistant Manager, Markets Assurance – Operations, Regulatory Assurance, Audit & Assurance
Our Assurance practice encompasses skills across regulation and finance with a deep analytics capability. We harness these to provide Assurance to those charged with governance, serving the public interest. Working in Assurance means you will have an opportunity to work alongside leading experts, as we help build and enhance trust between businesses and the public, by responding to emerging issues and protecting the public interest. Providing assurance to help businesses become more resilient, agile and better prepared for the future.
To be resilient, businesses must be ready to respond to current and future challenges and opportunities. They are increasingly being required to be more transparent with their reporting, to drive trust and confidence in the market, and protect the wider public interest.
Assurance builds, maintains and develops confidence. We provide independent assurance by assessing the risks and underlying processes, providing conclusions as to which risks are being managed and mitigated in line with the business’ appetite for risk. Deloitte’s assurance offerings help those charged with governance to understand their business and build trust amongst key stakeholders and regulators.
Regulatory reform continues to shape the Audit & Assurance landscape. The Regulatory Assurance team specialise in helping those charged with governance build trust and confidence their business. The expertise within the Regulatory Assurance team spans both BCM and Insurance.
Opportunity to join the Market Assurance – Operations team
Deloitte’s Regulatory Assurance team is a market-leading group of industry experts that is still rapidly growing. We work with Operations functions and we specialise in advisory and assurance work, providing practical, commercial solutions to global clients which require a deep understanding of the market and its regulatory context. We focus our propositions on new and emerging regulatory hot topics and support firms with the impact of these on their strategy and business model as well as providing assurance following the implementation of new regulation.
We also support new and existing market players in their interactions with the regulator, for example on new regulatory applications.
The team has built a reputation for providing pragmatic advice and assurance, positioning itself at the cutting edge of emerging regulatory trends by working closely with regulators, industry bodies and clients and conducting its own market research.
Although we specialise in Operations, we sit in a wider Financial Services team which provides advice, remediation support and assurance to a range of wholesale and retail financial institutions.
Deloitte supports Agile and Hybrid working
We are proud to offer flexible working arrangements which allow our people to choose the most suitable working arrangement that works for them. Whether this is working 4 days per week, taking the summer months off work, or more flexibility around your working pattern, we consider both formal and informal working arrangements that allow our people and our clients the best outcome.
If you would like to hear more about our flexible working arrangements, please let us know.
Are you looking to return to the workplace after an extended career break?
For this role we can offer coaching and support designed for returners to refresh your knowledge and skills, and help your transition back into the workplace after a career break of 2 years or more. If this is relevant for you, just let your recruiter know when you make your application.
We are looking for Assistant Managers to join the Markets Assurance Operations team in London to drive the regulatory and strategy work we do with firms across the industry, including global investment banks.
- You will understand our clients' industry and the issues they face from an Operations standpoint. The combination of your specialist and core assurance skills, industry expertise and on-going investment in this area will allow you to anticipate complex business problems for our clients and recommend appropriate action.
You will be:
- Working within a team to provide professional services across the operations lifecycle described above.
- Day-to-day delivery of project objectives, interaction with clients, and regular reporting to project management teams
- Initial preparation of and input to deliverables including written reports, working papers, and summary analyses.
- Ensuring project deliverables are undertaken in accordance with quality and risk requirements.
- Working effectively in diverse teams within an inclusive team culture where people are recognised for their contribution.
- The projects we work on from client to client can vary a lot and therefore you need to prepared to adapt quickly to new situations and enjoy variety. Often we are part of cross-service line teams delivering our expertise on large scale engagements which will give you the opportunity to also build a strong internal network.
- Another key aspect to the role is practice management, including preparing budgets, resourcing and client billing, and proactively engaging with the wider activities of the team.
Your work, your choice
At Deloitte we believe the best impact is the value we add, not the hours we sit at our desk. We carefully consider agile ways of working, both formal and informal, that allow for the best impact for our people and our clients. Please speak to your recruiter about the working pattern that works best for you.
Location: You will be based in a Deloitte London office, however travel may be required for client based projects.
Work pattern: This is a permanent contract opportunity. Our team members work a variety of agile working patterns. Tell us what arrangement works for you and we’ll try to accommodate.
Your professional experience
To qualify for the role you must have:
- Experience with regards to large-scale strategy and regulatory change projects (e.g. through working within a Risk and Regulatory team at another professional services firm, or through experience in FCA or PRA supervision).
- Experience with regards to the Operations function (e.g. through working in Operations or aligned function, or through working at another professional services firm)
- Knowledge and experience of the front to back trade lifecycle
- Good knowledge of UK regulatory requirements which impacts Operations and a strong interest in emerging regulation
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills – both written and verbal
- Strong aptitude with MS Word, Excel and PowerPoint
- Ability to develop effective working relationships internally and with clients
- Positive and ambitious attitude, and ability to work on own initiative
- Able to work independently as well as part of a team
- Educated to degree level or equivalent required
Your service line: Audit & Assurance
In an industry best known for looking back, Deloitte looks beyond.
Our Audit & Assurance team understand the most important decisions are the ones we are yet to make. Crafting the future in an informed and clear-sighted way means understanding current conditions, as well as the trends that are shaping tomorrow. That is why we use our expertise in audit to show where things stand now, and to help inform the next step. With the assurance we provide, we help our clients to look ahead with strength and confidence across all of their accounting, regulatory and transaction needs.
Innovation is the key, underpinned by audit quality. You will be joining a diverse team of experts capable of delivering meaningful and durable change for both our clients and our profession.
Regulation and controls are standard practice in our industry and Deloitte is no exception. These controls provide important legal protection for both you and the firm. We are subject to a number of audit regulations, one of which requires that certain colleagues abide by specific personal independence constraints. This can mean that you and your "Immediate Family Members" are not permitted to hold certain financial interests (shares, funds, bonds etc.) with audit clients of the firm. The recruitment team will provide further detail as you progress through the recruitment process.
Our Purpose & Strategy
To make an impact that matters for our clients, our people and society - defines who we are and what we stand for. Our purpose provides the foundation for our strategy and our aspiration to be the undisputed leader in professional services: this is not about size, it's about being the first choice. The first choice for the largest and most influential clients, and the first choice for the best talent.
What do we do?
Deloitte offers global integrated professional services that include Audit & Assurance, Consulting, Financial Advisory, Legal, Risk Advisory and Tax Consulting. Our approach combines intellectual leadership, industrial expertise, insight, consulting & problem solving capabilities whatever the role, technology revolutions and innovation from multiple disciplines to help our clients excel anywhere in the world.
Beyond the UK: Deloitte North and South Europe
The UK is part of Deloitte North and South Europe (NSE), the second largest member firm in the Deloitte network. Deloitte NSE combines operations in Belgium, Central Mediterranean (Italy, Greece, Malta), Ireland, the Middle East (Bahrain, Cyprus, Egypt, Iraq, Jordan, Kuwait, Lebanon, Libya, Oman, Palestinian Ruled Territories, Qatar, Saudi Arabia, United Arab Emirates, Yemen), the Netherlands, the Nordics (Denmark, Finland, Iceland, Norway and Sweden), Switzerland and the UK. Deloitte NSE brings together 2,700 partners and over 50,000 people, combining our unmatched breadth and depth of capabilities in audit and assurance, consulting, financial advisory, risk advisory, and tax and legal across the region. Being part of Deloitte NSE supports our aspiration to be the undisputed leader in professional services and will create more opportunity and growth for our people.
What do we value?
What brings us all together at Deloitte? it's how we approach the thousands of decisions we make every day. How we behave, our beliefs and our attitudes. In other words: our values. Whatever we do, wherever we are in the world, we lead the way, serve with integrity, take care of each other, foster inclusion, and collaborate for maximum impact. These five shared values lead every decision we make and action we take, guiding us to deliver impact how and where it matters most.
Being a Leader at Deloitte
Cultural fit and purpose-led leadership is crucial for Deloitte. Our leaders always set the example and inspire their colleagues. They make quality time for people and take an interest in them. They know what matters to people - both inside and outside work - and value them as individuals; always finding opportunities to develop them while showing respect and appreciation.
We expect colleagues at all levels to embrace and live our purpose and our leadership culture by challenging themselves to identify issues that are most important for our clients, our people, and for society and make an impact that matters. We know leadership comes in all shapes and sizes, but our Leadership Charter helps all of our people understand what We're looking for:
- We live our purpose: we act as a role model, embracing and living our purpose and values, and recognising others for the impact they make
- We develop talent: we develop high-performing people and teams through challenging and meaningful opportunities
- We drive performance: we deliver exceptional client service; maximise results and drive high performance from people while fostering collaboration across businesses and borders
- We believe positive influence can make an impact that matters: we influence clients, teams, and individuals positively, leading by example and establishing confident relationships with increasingly senior people
- We move, together, towards a strategic direction: we understand key objectives for clients and Deloitte, aligning people to objectives and setting priorities and direction.
Please click 'Apply' to submit your application