Senior Manager, Financial Services Large & Complex - Flexible working, Hybrid working, Returners
Senior Manager, Financial Services Large & Complex, External Audit, Audit & Assurance
Our team combine the latest audit tools, technologies and agile processes and procedures to deliver high quality audits. We are proud of our role performing work in the public interest and our audit team are dedicated to the highest standards of independence, professional objectivity, and technical excellence.
We audit a broad range of listed organisations and their subsidiaries in the UK and internationally, as well as other public interest entities such as banks and insurers. We also have vast audit experience in the private sector, including entrepreneurial and high growth businesses. We have strong industry credentials across the financial services and corporate landscape and can draw on a wide range of specialists and experts across our extensive global network.
Large & Complex
Large & Complex Audit includes listed companies (corporate and financial services) their subsidiaries in the UK and internationally, as well as other public interest entities such as banks, insurers, large private companies and public sector organisations, public sector organisations and charities.
You can expect senior level exposure and variety. You will work with some of the most influential companies in the UK and internationally, offering expert insights across the whole business.
Deloitte supports Agile and Hybrid working
We are proud to offer flexible working arrangements which allow our people to choose the most suitable working arrangement that works for them. Whether this is working 4 days per week, taking the summer months off work, or more flexibility around your working pattern, we consider both formal and informal working arrangements that allow our people and our clients the best outcome.
If you would like to hear more about our flexible working arrangements, please let us know.
Are you looking to return to the workplace after an extended career break?
For this role we can offer coaching and support designed for returners to refresh your knowledge and skills and help your transition back into the workplace after a career break of 2 years or more. If this is relevant for you, just let your recruiter know when you make your application.
Our financial services audit team is one of the leading practices in the region. Due to continued success, we are looking to recruit individuals to manage the delivery of external audits. Our clients include FTSE listed entities, foreign and privately owned organisations operating across the insurance, retail banking, asset finance and wealth management sectors.
This is a very exciting time to be joining Deloitte. We're growing our teams across all areas of our regional audit practice, investing a huge amount in our people, developing their skillsets, and building for the future. As part of our successful team, you will play an important role in maintaining and growing the practice and developing our audit professionals. Technology investment is also central to our bold and radical transformation and modernisation of our business and the way we serve our clients. The future of audit is here!
As well as our growing our external audits we are also seeing increasing demand from large and high-profile clients for short and medium-term secondments into their finance functions.
As a member of our team, reporting to a Director or Partner, you will:
- Take ownership of delivering high-quality audit engagements within agreed timescales;
- Advise on technical and complex accounting matters and audit queries that may shape future precedent and industry practice;
- Manage key audit relationships, with a focus on exceptional client service; and being responsive to and anticipating client needs, including providing relevant and strategic insight;
- Participating in and responding to feedback from internal and external inspection teams to enhance the execution of quality audits;
- Managing engagement economics including rationale for variances from budget;
- Coaching and developing Audit Managers and their teams;
- Drafting final documents for Partner review, including Financial Statements in accordance with IFRS and UK GAAP;
- Drive our continuous improvement in audit methodology through innovation, transformation, embracing change and challenging the way we do things to develop new ways of working;
- Identify and develop both audit and audit related assurance opportunities with new and existing clients;
- Being part of a wider community helping to grow our department and develop our strategy;
- Building relationships across geographies to deliver client focused solutions;
- Participate in practice management activities, including facilitation of internal training courses, staff development and practice reviews;
- Engaging with and supporting wellbeing activities within engagement teams and the wider Insurance Team; and
- Manage diverse teams within an inclusive team culture where people are recognised for their contribution.
Your work, your choice
At Deloitte we believe the best impact is the value we add, not the hours we sit at our desk. We carefully consider agile ways of working, both formal and informal, that allow for the best impact for our people and our clients. Please speak to your recruiter about the working pattern that works best for you.
Location: You will be based in the Deloitte Manchester or Leeds office, with some domestic travel for client-based projects.
Work pattern: This is a permanent opportunity. We do encourage careful consideration of agile ways of working, both formal and informal arrangements that allow for the best outcomes for our people and our clients. If this opportunity is interesting to you with flexibility, please do discuss with us.
Your professional experience
- Hold a relevant accounting qualification (ACA, CA, ACCA or overseas equivalent);
- Experience performing external audits and assurance engagements within the financial services sector;
- Commitment to audit quality and demonstrable experience of applying professional scepticism;
- Excellent knowledge of auditing techniques, standards, and financial reporting, including risk assessment, scoping, devising an audit approach using controls testing and substantive testing, and concluding;
- Strong internal controls experience;
- Experience managing engagement economics;
- Proven track record in establishing and maintaining excellent relationships, including with senior clients;
- An ability to implement solutions to address changes in regulatory requirements and a track record of embracing and delivering change;
- Excellent leadership skills both on engagements and in an office environment;
- Experience managing audit engagements and audit teams and motivating and developing high performing teams;
- Active role in business development and preparing and delivering proposals, reports, and presentations;
- Commercial awareness of current economic and market trends;
- A collaborative approach and be a good team player;
- Strong interpersonal skills including report writing and presentation skills, including the ability to engage well at all levels;
- Highly motivated approach with a proven ability to work on your own initiative within a challenging sector; and
- An enquiring and analytical mind and ability to use initiative, be adaptable and solve problems.
- PCAOB audit experience; and
- US GAAP Reporting experience.
Your Service Line: Audit & Assurance:
In an industry best known for looking back, Deloitte looks beyond.
As the leading experts in Audit & Assurance, we help build and enhance trust and transparency between businesses and the public, by responding to emerging issues and protecting the public interest. Our expertise covers audit and assurance services across all sectors, enabling stronger systems of quality control and risk capability. We help companies, investors and the general public make more informed decisions by adhering to the highest standards of independence, professional objectivity, and technical excellence.
Innovation is key for us, underpinned by audit quality. At Deloitte you will be joining a diverse team of experts capable of delivering meaningful and durable change for both our clients and our profession.
Regulation and controls are standard practice in our industry and Deloitte is no exception. These controls provide important legal protection for both you and the firm. We are subject to a number of audit regulations, one of which requires that certain colleagues abide by specific personal independence constraints. This can mean that you and your "Immediate Family Members" are not permitted to hold certain financial interests (shares, funds, bonds etc.) with audit clients of the firm. The recruitment team will provide further detail as you progress through the recruitment process.
Our Purpose & Strategy
To make an impact that matters for our clients, our people and society - defines who we are and what we stand for. Our purpose provides the foundation for our strategy and our aspiration to be the undisputed leader in professional services: this is not about size, it's about being the first choice. The first choice for the largest and most influential clients, and the first choice for the best talent.
What do we do?
Deloitte offers global integrated professional services that include Audit & Assurance, Consulting, Financial Advisory, Legal, Risk Advisory and Tax Consulting. Our approach combines intellectual leadership, industrial expertise, insight, consulting & problem solving capabilities whatever the role, technology revolutions and innovation from multiple disciplines to help our clients excel anywhere in the world.
Beyond the UK: Deloitte North and South Europe
The UK is part of Deloitte North and South Europe (NSE), the second largest member firm in the Deloitte network. Deloitte NSE combines operations in Belgium, Central Mediterranean (Italy, Greece, Malta), Ireland, the Middle East (Bahrain, Cyprus, Egypt, Iraq, Jordan, Kuwait, Lebanon, Libya, Oman, Palestinian Ruled Territories, Qatar, Saudi Arabia, United Arab Emirates, Yemen), the Netherlands, the Nordics (Denmark, Finland, Iceland, Norway and Sweden), Switzerland and the UK. Deloitte NSE brings together 2,700 partners and over 50,000 people, combining our unmatched breadth and depth of capabilities in audit and assurance, consulting, financial advisory, risk advisory, and tax and legal across the region. Being part of Deloitte NSE supports our aspiration to be the undisputed leader in professional services and will create more opportunity and growth for our people.
What do we value?
What brings us all together at Deloitte? It’s how we approach the thousands of decisions we make every day. How we behave, our beliefs and our attitudes. In other words: our values. Whatever we do, wherever we are in the world, we lead the way, serve with integrity, take care of each other, foster inclusion, and collaborate for maximum impact. These five shared values lead every decision we make and action we take, guiding us to deliver impact how and where it matters most.
Being a Leader at Deloitte
Cultural fit and purpose-led leadership is crucial for Deloitte. Our leaders always set the example and inspire their colleagues. They make quality time for people and take an interest in them. They know what matters to people - both inside and outside work – and value them as individuals; always finding opportunities to develop them while showing respect and appreciation.
We expect colleagues at all levels to embrace and live our purpose and our leadership culture by challenging themselves to identify issues that are most important for our clients, our people, and for society and make an impact that matters. We know leadership comes in all shapes and sizes, but our Leadership Charter helps all of our people understand what we’re looking for:
- We live our purpose: we act as a role model, embracing and living our purpose and values, and recognizing others for the impact they make
- We develop talent: we develop high-performing people and teams through challenging and meaningful opportunities
- We drive performance: we deliver exceptional client service; maximize results and drive high performance from people while fostering collaboration across businesses and borders
- We believe positive influence can make an impact that matters: we influence clients, teams, and individuals positively, leading by example and establishing confident relationships with increasingly senior people
- We move, together, towards a strategic direction: we understand key objectives for clients and Deloitte, aligning people to objectives and setting priorities and direction.
Please click 'Apply' to submit your application