Manager, TMT, Economic Advisory - Flexible working, Hybrid working, Returners
Manager, TMT, Economic Advisory, Financial Advisory
At Deloitte, we recognise the investment you have made in developing your skills and knowledge through your chosen programme of study in Economics and/or Econometrics. We are looking for sharp minds to join our established Technology, Media and Telecommunications (TMT)
team. Our team operates at the forefront of issues that are defining the future of the TMT sector, addressing issues such as the economics of digitalisation, next generation infrastructure investment in 5G and fibre networks, mobile supply chain concentration, the economic and social impact of digital platforms, and the future of public service broadcasting.
The role will be based in the Economic Consulting (EC) team, within the Advisory Corporate Finance service line of Deloitte UK's Financial Advisory business. EC comprises of over 50 economists, covering Public, TMT, Infrastructure, and Financial Services sectors, and is part of Deloitte's Global Economic Consulting network.
The work is varied and delivers real value through the following areas in transport: economics of strategy and policy; impact assessment and appraisal; economic regulation; cost and revenue modelling; pricing and incentives; and competition and disputes. The team's experience covers fixed and mobile telecoms, media and digital platforms. Our technical skills in these areas are combined with Deloitte's deep financial, strategic and industry understanding to create a potent, and unique, package that can be applied across the spectrum of industry.
Deloitte supports Agile and Hybrid working
We encourage consideration of flexible ways of working, both formal and informal arrangements that allow for the best outcomes for our people and our clients. If this opportunity is of interest to you with some flexibility, please do discuss with us.
Are you looking to return to the workplace after an extended career break?
For this role we can offer coaching and support designed for returners to refresh your knowledge and skills, and help your transition back into the workplace after a career break of 2 years or more. If this is relevant for you, just let your recruiter know when you make your application.
The Economic Consulting team has a cross-sectoral intrafirm growth strategy in several geographies. Due to continued growth in the telecoms, media and digital platform sector, an opportunity has arisen for Managers or Executives to join the team.
The successful candidates will contribute by managing assignments involving a range of economic and policy issues in telecoms and media in a global arena. He/she will take some responsibility for business development initiatives, supporting EC leadership in developing further the business.
Work will involve qualitative and quantitative analysis (using spreadsheets and more specialised proprietary software) with established economic principles and methodologies; mainly with telecoms and digital platforms clients. It is also likely to involve market analysis and modelling, and regulatory support to clients.
The successful candidate will have:
- Proven experience working as a professional economist, or closely related discipline, in the telecoms and/or media sectors this could have been gained as an economist in industry, government, a regulator, and/or consultancy.
- A genuine interest in telecoms and media technologies, clients and markets, and the scope for these to continue to transform consumers' experience.
- Modelling experience in areas such as network cost modelling, competition and market investigations, consumer demand and outcomes, time series econometrics, stochastic price optimisations, cost benefit'studies analysis, tariff studies, would be a distinct advantage.
- A strong record of accomplishments in modelling and quantitative analysis, within various contexts is essential.
- Excellent communication, report writing,
- and presentation skills.
- Willingness to travel domestically/internationally for brief periods.
- Apply your analytical skills to solve complex problems.
- Work in a challenging environment with like-minded people at the leading edge of economic thinking.
- Work on a varied mix of challenging engagements on a project basis.
- Develop solutions through debate and discussion in teams and with clients.
- Continue with your professional development throughout your career through a training investment.
- Managing diverse teams within an inclusive team culture where people are recognised for their contribution.
Your work, your choice
At Deloitte we believe the best impact is the value we add, not the hours we sit at our desk. We carefully consider agile ways of working, both formal and informal, that allow for the best impact for our people and our clients. Please speak to your recruiter about the working pattern that works best for you.
Location: Your home office will either be London or Cambridge, but this client-facing role provides lots of opportunity for travel in the UK and overseas.
Work pattern: This is a permanent contract opportunity. The role can be worked on a full-time basis.
Your professional experience
To qualify for the role you must have:
- Relevant qualifications and/or post graduate qualifications in Economics
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- The desire to apply analytic and economic skills to real life problems
- Excellent skills in working within a team
- An entrepreneurial attitude
We take personal development seriously, offering a wide range of learning and development opportunities within a highly supportive and nurturing environment. Our appraisal process is structured, transparent and interactive - you'll receive continuous training and ongoing supportive feedback to achieve the goals that you set yourself. You will be part of an environment where excellent client service, creativity, hard work and ambition are rewarded.
Your service line: Financial Advisory
Advising clients in the moments that define their business takes multiple layers of expertise. Much more than due-diligence, this is about diverse teams of specialists coming together, crossing service lines and international borders to tackle the many, complex issues involved in major transactions. And we have one of the broadest networks in the business. Here, you'll find fascinating, career-building projects, market leading approaches, cutting-edge resources, huge clients and inspirational colleagues. As well as opportunities to develop a deep industry or product specialism.
Regulation and controls are standard practice in our industry and Deloitte is no exception. These controls provide important legal protection for both you and the firm. We are subject to a number of audit regulations, one of which requires that certain colleagues abide by specific personal independence constraints. This can mean that you and your "Immediate Family Members" are not permitted to hold certain financial interests (shares, funds, bonds etc.) with audit clients of the firm.
The recruitment team will provide further detail as you progress through the recruitment process.
Our Purpose & Strategy
To make an impact that matters for our clients, our people and society - defines who we are and what we stand for. Our purpose provides the foundation for our strategy and our aspiration to be the undisputed leader in professional services: this is not about size, it's about being the first choice. The first choice for the largest and most influential clients, and the first choice for the best talent.
What do we do?
Deloitte offers global integrated professional services that include Audit & Assurance, Consulting, Financial Advisory, Legal, Risk Advisory and Tax Consulting. Our approach combines intellectual leadership, industrial expertise, insight, consulting & problem solving capabilities whatever the role, technology revolutions and innovation from multiple disciplines to help our clients excel anywhere in the world.
Beyond the UK: Deloitte North and South Europe
The UK is part of Deloitte North and South Europe (NSE), the second largest member firm in the Deloitte network. Deloitte NSE combines operations in Belgium, Central Mediterranean (Italy, Greece, Malta), Ireland, the Middle East (Bahrain, Cyprus, Egypt, Iraq, Jordan, Kuwait, Lebanon, Libya, Oman, Palestinian Ruled Territories, Qatar, Saudi Arabia, United Arab Emirates, Yemen), the Netherlands, the Nordics (Denmark, Finland, Iceland, Norway and Sweden), Switzerland and the UK. Deloitte NSE brings together 2,700 partners and over 50,000 people, combining our unmatched breadth and depth of capabilities in audit and assurance, consulting, financial advisory, risk advisory, and tax and legal across the region. Being part of Deloitte NSE supports our aspiration to be the undisputed leader in professional services and will create more opportunity and growth for our people.
What do we value?
What brings us all together at Deloitte? It's how we approach the thousands of decisions we make every day. How we behave, our beliefs and our attitudes. In other words: our values. Whatever we do, wherever we are in the world, we lead the way, serve with integrity, take care of each other, foster inclusion, and collaborate for maximum impact. These five shared values lead every decision we make and action we take, guiding us to deliver impact how and where it matters most.
Being a Leader at Deloitte
Cultural fit and purpose-led leadership is crucial for Deloitte. Our leaders always set the example and inspire their colleagues. They make quality time for people and take an interest in them. They know what matters to people - both inside and outside work - and value them as individuals; always finding opportunities to develop them while showing respect and appreciation.
We expect colleagues at all levels to embrace and live our purpose and our leadership culture by challenging themselves to identify issues that are most important for our clients, our people, and for society and make an impact that matters. We know leadership comes in all shapes and sizes, but our Leadership Charter helps all of our people understand what we're looking for:
- We live our purpose: we act as a role model, embracing and living our purpose and values, and recognising others for the impact they make
- We develop talent: we develop high-performing people and teams through challenging and meaningful opportunities
- We drive performance: we deliver exceptional client service; maximise results and drive high performance from people while fostering collaboration across businesses and borders
- We believe positive influence can make an impact that matters: we influence clients, teams, and individuals positively, leading by example and establishing confident relationships with increasingly senior people
- We move, together, towards a strategic direction: we understand key objectives for clients and Deloitte, aligning people to objectives and setting priorities and direction.
Please click 'Apply' to submit your application