Events & Membership Coordinator (FT, but flexible + home working)
Full-time flexible working hours, home working
Salary £28,000 - £35,000 depending on experience
Start date: as soon as possible
Note: In order to be successful in this role, it is essential that you have previous events experience. If this is you, please read on.
The Biometrics Institute is a not-for-profit membership organisation, which is operating in one of the most exciting and fastest growing segments of the technology market. It has offices in London and Sydney. Biometrics is the identification of individuals based on a unique physiological characteristic, it includes the use of fingerprint scans, face scans and iris scans.
We have a rare and exciting opportunity for a Membership & Events Coordinator to join our team and work with interesting people who take ownership and pride in their work. This hands-on role requires a start as soon as possible.
A strong track record of organising successful conferences and events and/ or delivery of membership services will be a plus. The ideal candidate will display a 'Can Do' approach, be passionate about building strong member relations, be keen to assert their own initiative and possess excellent research as well as organisational skills and be self-motivated. This role focuses on the Institute's activities in the northern hemisphere and will involve some travel.
The position would be suitable for someone from an association or the private sector (event management). The position offers great variety and flexibility.
Although this role has some home based work, we are looking to recruit somebody in the London/Greater London area due to meetings being held in the city and potential plans to set up an office in London.
This role reports to the Chief Executive who is based in London.
This role is primarily responsible for the implementation of the events plan (agenda content research & development, execution of marketing campaigns, event logistics) as well as membership retention and support.
The main role objective and tasks include:
- Events – Assist with implementing the events plan (agenda content research & development, execution of marketing campaigns, event logistics) for several conferences, training courses and several member networking events
- Membership – Service existing members through information and communication.
- Develop and implement an annual event plan on time and budget
- Develop event content and agenda through topic research over the phone and internet in close consultation with the CEO and BDM
- Identify and recruit speakers
- Facilitate speaker invitation process and speaker liaison
- Create agenda for member meetings
- Execute marketing campaigns through an in-house database
- Coordinate event logistics in the lead-up to event, and event admin.
- Help seek new members & expand contact database
- Visit prospects and existing members to build relationships
- Suggest and implement new member services
- Ensure non-/members event attendance
- Ensure membership retention in particular through regular member telephone meetings.
- Help develop budgets for existing and new events and member services.
- Website updates i.e. speaker interviews and speaker listings
- Contribute to the eNewsletter and blog with short reports on past events
- Database updates.
Required skills and experience
To be successful in this role, you will have:
- A minimum of 3 years' experience in an event or membership role
- Strong organisational and time management skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Reliability, thoroughness and attention to detail
- Ability to logically co-ordinate & prioritise multiple tasks
- Enthusiasm and energy
- Bright and friendly person with initiative
- Confidence and efficiency with computers
- Ability and willingness to travel (fly) locally and internationally on occasion and host meetings.
Knowledge of or interest and ability to learn:
- Database programme (FileMaker Pro used)
- Microsoft Office.
Please include a cover letter in your application outlining why we should consider you for this position.
We look forward to hearing from you.