Assistant Manager/Manager, Audit Quality - Flexible working, Hybrid working , Part time, Returners
1 day left
- Contract Type
Assistant Manager/Manager, Audit Quality, Centre of Excellence, Audit & Assurance
As part of our drive to deliver Distinctive Audit to our clients, we have established Centres of Excellence to support our client engagement teams throughout the UK. Join us and you'll be joining a growing team of Independent Risk Reviewers (in External Audit) where you will develop best practice and play a key role in helping deliver a high quality service to our clients.
Our established training programmes will provide you with an opportunity to develop both your technical and soft skills and, our internal technical training is recognised for CPE credit purposes by all the major professional institutes.
Are you looking to return to the workplace after an extended career break?
For this role we can offer coaching and support designed for returners to refresh your knowledge and skills, and help your transition back into the workplace after a career break of 2 years or more. If this is relevant for you, just let your recruiter know when you make your application.
As a qualified accountant with external audit and accounts experience, you'll have the strong technical and risk management skills to perform Professional Standard Reviews (PSR).
Liaising daily with our client engagement teams, you'll provide them with remote support in completing risk management and quality reviews associated with the audit of statutory accounts.
- Performing an independent risk focused review of the statutory accounts, group reporting and the underlying audit work
- Holding constructive discussions, challenging senior members of the engagement team on the appropriateness of and approach to identified audit risks
- Challenging the engagement team to ensure that results of testing and judgements are adequately documented
- Liaising with engagement teams on resolution of any issues, including coordinating appropriate escalation of issues within the department
- Completion of GAAP compliance reviews of statutory accounts to ensure compliance with applicable accounting standards
- Providing added value for engagement teams and the wider audit practice, supporting them in delivering the ‘distinctive client experience' by collating insights and considering their wider communication throughout the firm
- Managing diverse teams within an inclusive team culture where people are recognised for their contribution
Your work, your choice
At Deloitte we believe the best impact is the value we add, not the hours we sit at our desk. We carefully consider flexible ways of working, both formal and informal, that allow for the best impact for our people and our clients.
Almost all of the work can be undertaken remotely, or from a UK Deloitte office. This means there is very little travel involved and it gives our people the option to choose their working pattern (whether this is full time, part time, more flexibility around working pattern or simply taking the Summer months off). Please speak to your recruiter about the working pattern that works best for you.
Location: Your home office will be Newcastle or Leeds.
Work pattern: This is a permanent contract opportunity. The role can be worked on a full time or part time basis.
Our team members work a variety of agile working patterns. Tell us what arrangement works for you and we'll try to accommodate.
Your professional experience
- ACA/ACCA qualification (or equivalent);
- Previous experience of working with IFRS and UK or US GAAP reporting standards;
- Ability to constructively challenge, Articulate and able to demonstrate discretion
- Understanding of risk management, professional scepticism and attention to detail
- Able to display initiative, proactivity, professionalism and confidence
- Diligence, hard work and co-operation to be an effective member of the team
- Articulate and able to demonstrate discretion
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills
- Ability to prioritise workload and work under pressure with a flexible approach
Your service line: Audit & Assurance
In an industry best known for looking back, Deloitte looks beyond.
Our Audit & Assurance team understand the most important decisions are the ones we are yet to make. Crafting the future in an informed and clear-sighted way means understanding current conditions, as well as the trends that are shaping tomorrow. That is why we use our expertise in audit to show where things stand now, and to help inform the next step. With the assurance we provide, we help our clients to look ahead with strength and confidence across all of their accounting, regulatory and transaction needs.
Innovation is the key, underpinned by audit quality. You will be joining a diverse team of experts capable of delivering meaningful and durable change for both our clients and our profession.
Regulation and controls are standard practice in our industry and Deloitte is no exception. These controls provide important legal protection for both you and the firm. We are subject to a number of audit regulations, one of which requires that certain colleagues abide by specific personal independence constraints. This can mean that you and your "Immediate Family Members" are not permitted to hold certain financial interests (shares, funds, bonds etc.) with audit clients of the firm. The recruitment team will provide further detail as you progress through the recruitment process.
Our Purpose & Strategy
To make an impact that matters for our clients, our people and society - defines who we are and what we stand for. Our purpose provides the foundation for our strategy and our aspiration to be the undisputed leader in professional services: this is not about size, it's about being the first choice. The first choice for the largest and most influential clients, and the first choice for the best talent.
What do we do?
Deloitte offers global integrated professional services that include Audit & Assurance, Consulting, Financial Advisory, Legal, Risk Advisory and Tax Consulting. Our approach combines intellectual leadership, industrial expertise, insight, consulting & problem solving capabilities whatever the role, technology revolutions and innovation from multiple disciplines to help our clients excel anywhere in the world.
Beyond the UK: Deloitte North and South Europe
The UK is part of Deloitte North and South Europe (NSE), the second largest member firm in the Deloitte network. Deloitte NSE combines operations in Belgium, Central Mediterranean (Italy, Greece, Malta), Ireland, the Middle East (Bahrain, Cyprus, Egypt, Iraq, Jordan, Kuwait, Lebanon, Libya, Oman, Palestinian Ruled Territories, Qatar, Saudi Arabia, United Arab Emirates, Yemen), the Netherlands, the Nordics (Denmark, Finland, Iceland, Norway and Sweden), Switzerland and the UK. Deloitte NSE brings together 2,700 partners and over 50,000 people, combining our unmatched breadth and depth of capabilities in audit and assurance, consulting, financial advisory, risk advisory, and tax and legal across the region. Being part of Deloitte NSE supports our aspiration to be the undisputed leader in professional services and will create more opportunity and growth for our people.
What do we value?
What brings us all together at Deloitte? It’s how we approach the thousands of decisions we make every day. How we behave, our beliefs and our attitudes. In other words: our values. Whatever we do, wherever we are in the world, we lead the way, serve with integrity, take care of each other, foster inclusion, and collaborate for maximum impact. These five shared values lead every decision we make and action we take, guiding us to deliver impact how and where it matters most.
Being a Leader at Deloitte
Cultural fit and purpose-led leadership is crucial for Deloitte. Our leaders always set the example and inspire their colleagues. They make quality time for people and take an interest in them. They know what matters to people - both inside and outside work – and value them as individuals; always finding opportunities to develop them while showing respect and appreciation.
We expect colleagues at all levels to embrace and live our purpose and our leadership culture by challenging themselves to identify issues that are most important for our clients, our people, and for society and make an impact that matters. We know leadership comes in all shapes and sizes, but our Leadership Charter helps all of our people understand what we’re looking for:
- We live our purpose: we act as a role model, embracing and living our purpose and values, and recognising others for the impact they make
- We develop talent: we develop high-performing people and teams through challenging and meaningful opportunities
- We drive performance: we deliver exceptional client service; maximise results and drive high performance from people while fostering collaboration across businesses and borders
- We believe positive influence can make an impact that matters: we influence clients, teams, and individuals positively, leading by example and establishing confident relationships with increasingly senior people
- We move, together, towards a strategic direction: we understand key objectives for clients and Deloitte, aligning people to objectives and setting priorities and direction.
Please click 'Apply' to submit your application