Finance Manager, part-time
An opportunity has arisen for an experienced and qualified accountant to take on a new role with a high growth property services business.
This part-time position (circa 12-16 hours per week) offers flexibility over working days and hours.
The role will include working closely with the founder, the Head of Finance and other key stakeholders across the business.
- Preparation of monthly management accounts and financial reporting. This includes taking ownership of the revenue recognition policies, taking a view on accruals and prepayments as well as inputting into the monthly commentary
- Take responsibility for the day-to-day finance operations including operating the accounts receivable processes, supporting credit control and managing accounts payable and the bi-monthly payment process
- Coordinate with HR on new starters and operate the payroll processes
- Review of VAT returns and submission to HMRC
- Supporting statutory reporting with balance sheet reconciliations and year end adjustments
The ideal candidate will:
- Be a fully or partly qualified ACA/ACCA/CIMA accountant with previous experience in accounting and reporting, ideally within a high growth business
- Have experience using cloud based finance packages.
- Be a strong communicator, with the ability and confidence to interact with the management team on the client side
- Demonstrate a proactive approach, with good organisation skills and strong attention to detail
- Be a self-starter able to recommend process improvements and able to propose and apply pragmatic solutions to day to day accounting issues
- Candidates should have some experience working with senior management, ideally in a role as Finance Manager or Financial Controller
- The role suits candidates available part-time and able to flex their working hours between 12 and 16 hours a week.
Fixflo company wide objectives:
- Building world class user-centric software systems that improve efficiencies for every participant to a repair
- Aspiring to be great (not just good) in everything we do
- Delivering exceptional customer service to every user of our system
- Actively seeking feedback (whether positive or negative) from users and potential users and acting upon it as appropriate
- Diagnosing before treating
- Recruiting only people who strive towards our objective, believe in our strategies and are capable of implementing our tactics
- Seeking to collaborate rather than compete
Our privacy notice for job applicants can be viewed here: https://www.fixflo.com/fixflo-privacy-notice-for-job-applicants/
To Apply upload your CV and covering letter via the link below.