Senior Consultant/Manager, Regulatory & Financial Efficiency - Open to flexible working
Senior Consultant/Manager, Regulatory & Financial Efficiency, Risk Advisory
The Regulatory and Financial Efficiency Team forms part of Deloitte’s Financial Risk capabilities within the wider Financial Services Risk Advisory Practice. The team is a centre of excellence, specialising in legal entity and regulatory change (e.g. restructuring of financial institutions to address regulatory requirements such as the Capital Requirements Directive/ Regulations, Basel III, The Bank Recovery and Resolution Directive), as well as risk management and assessments pertaining to capital and liquidity.
Our team typically partners with Financial Services clients undergoing strategic or regulatory change programmes. The team provides end to end support for clients through from initial options assessment and requirements gathering phases, into design and implementation and partners with wider areas of the firm throughout. The team’s core contribution to these programmes is understanding prudential regulations and their practical impact to structural change programmes. Examples of work includes initial options assessment of structuring options, target state documentation, capital and liquidity modelling, regulatory gap analysis, support with ICAAP, ILAAP and Solvent Wind Down.
We Partner with Financial Services clients undergoing strategic or regulatory change, providing advisory and/or implementation support delivered by Subject Matter Experts (SMEs) specialising in Prudential and Conduct Regulations, Wholesale and Retail Banking, Risk Management, Finance, Treasury and Target Operating Model Design.
The Team wishes to recruit high calibre individuals with skills and experience in regulatory and risk management change.
This job description details the requirements for an Assistant Manager role within our Regulatory Change Team that is part of the Risk Advisory Practice, based in London.
Candidates would be expected to have knowledge and practical application in any of the following disciplines:
- Programme, Project management and PMO support for programmes in response to regulatory change (e.g. Brexit, CRD, ICAAP/ILAAP, FINREP, BASEL), regulatory remediation, solvent wind down plans, booking model design, control and legal entity optimisation
- Assist with the design and development of large programmes, including programme strategy and set up, programme delivery, and assurance reviews
- Support transformation workstreams including the development of plans, managing critical paths and interdependencies to deliver major change successfully
- Support progress delivery, including, progress reporting, risk management and financial controls in relation to a project, programme or workstream
- Support the growth of client relationships, identifying new opportunities within both existing and new clients, and supporting proposals to win work
- Support the development of our propositions, solutions and methods, and industry points of view
- Demonstrate excellent presentation, facilitation and communication skills across all levels of client and Deloitte stakeholders
Your work, your choice
At Deloitte we believe the best impact is the value we add, not the hours we sit at our desk. We carefully consider agile ways of working, both formal and informal, that allow for the best impact for our people and our clients. Please speak to your recruiter about the working pattern that works best for you.
Location: London with regular domestic and occasional international travel
Your professional experience
- Degree educated or a relevant professional qualification (e.g. Chartered Financial Analyst, Chartered Accountant, Financial Risk Management qualified)
- Industry specific knowledge and broad understanding of financial markets
- Strong experience in project management, problem solving and creative thinking, stakeholder management, relationship development, coordination and organisation
Your service line: Risk Advisory
In Risk Advisory, our thinking and actions give clients, our people and society the confidence to grow responsibly in a rapidly changing world. We don’t just work with our clients to manage risk, we help them understand and grab the opportunities it presents too, helping them gain a competitive advantage. Our expertise and industry knowledge run deep here. At Deloitte, you’ll find yourself working with some of the most inspiring and experienced colleagues and with clients who trust you to lead the way to smart choices, better control frameworks, and new systems, including bespoke solutions that have a direct impact on their bottom line.
Regulation and controls are standard practice in our industry and Deloitte is no exception. These controls provide important legal protection for both you and the firm. We are subject to a number of audit regulations, one of which requires that certain colleagues abide by specific personal independence constraints. This can mean that you and your "Immediate Family Members" are not permitted to hold certain financial interests (shares, funds, bonds etc.) with audit clients of the firm. The recruitment team will provide further detail as you progress through the recruitment process.
Our Purpose & Strategy
To make an impact that matters for our clients, our people and society - defines who we are and what we stand for. Our purpose provides the foundation for our strategy and our aspiration to be the undisputed leader in professional services: this is not about size, it's about being the first choice. The first choice for the largest and most influential clients, and the first choice for the best talent.
What do we do?
Deloitte offers global integrated professional services that include Audit & Assurance, Consulting, Financial Advisory, Legal, Risk Advisory and Tax Consulting. Our approach combines intellectual leadership, industrial expertise, insight, consulting & problem-solving capabilities whatever the role, technology revolutions and innovation from multiple disciplines to help our clients excel anywhere in the world.
Beyond the UK: Deloitte North and South Europe
The UK is part of Deloitte North and South Europe (NSE), the second largest member firm in the Deloitte network. Deloitte NSE combines operations in Belgium, Central Mediterranean (Italy, Greece, Malta), Ireland, the Middle East (Bahrain, Cyprus, Egypt, Iraq, Jordan, Kuwait, Lebanon, Libya, Oman, Palestinian Ruled Territories, Qatar, Saudi Arabia, United Arab Emirates, Yemen), the Netherlands, the Nordics (Denmark, Finland, Iceland, Norway and Sweden), Switzerland and the UK. Deloitte NSE brings together 2,700 partners and over 50,000 people, combining our unmatched breadth and depth of capabilities in audit and assurance, consulting, financial advisory, risk advisory, and tax and legal across the region. Being part of Deloitte NSE supports our aspiration to be the undisputed leader in professional services and will create more opportunity and growth for our people.
What do we value?
What brings us all together at Deloitte? It’s how we approach the thousands of decisions we make every day. How we behave, our beliefs and our attitudes. In other words: our values. Whatever we do, wherever we are in the world, we lead the way, serve with integrity, take care of each other, foster inclusion, and collaborate for maximum impact. These five shared values lead every decision we make and action we take, guiding us to deliver impact how and where it matters most.
Being a Leader at Deloitte
Cultural fit and purpose-led leadership is crucial for Deloitte. Our leaders always set the example and inspire their colleagues. They make quality time for people and take an interest in them. They know what matters to people - both inside and outside work – and value them as individuals; always finding opportunities to develop them while showing respect and appreciation.
We expect colleagues at all levels to embrace and live our purpose and our leadership culture by challenging themselves to identify issues that are most important for our clients, our people, and for society and make an impact that matters. We know leadership comes in all shapes and sizes, but our Leadership Charter helps all of our people understand what we’re looking for
- We live our purpose: we act as a role model, embracing and living our purpose and values, and recognising others for the impact they make
- We develop talent: we develop high-performing people and teams through challenging and meaningful opportunities
- We drive performance: we deliver exceptional client service; maximise results and drive high performance from people while fostering collaboration across businesses and borders
- We believe positive influence can make an impact that matters: we influence clients, teams, and individuals positively, leading by example and establishing confident relationships with increasingly senior people
- We move, together, towards a strategic direction: we understand key objectives for clients and Deloitte, aligning people to objectives and setting priorities and direction.
Please click 'Apply' to submit your application