Front end Developer - Part time 25 hrs/wk or Full time, Flexible and Hybrid working available
2 days left
- Contract Type
Why do we have this role?
Our vision is to create a truly connected rail network, using deep technology expertise and industry experience to deliver game-changing solutions that meet transport challenges across the UK and beyond. Delivering high levels of automation into complex operational environments, we recently integrated our technology with our own Traffic Management System, a genuine world first. Our service offer will continue to grow, taking advantage of cloud, data analytics, edge computing and IT/OT integration. We are a company that is excited by the possibilities offered by technology and driven by improving experiences for passengers globally.
We are creating, building, implementing, and supporting digital platforms that deliver operational management and decision support to improve the quality of customer journeys across the rail network.
We are looking for individuals who are passionate about modern IT practices and technologies, to take our products into service and then provide the quality of support that together with great design and development, will see our systems used and loved by our customers. Working as a solution developer and a key member of the team, you will be capable of understanding complex technical implementations and low-level concepts, able to quickly build relationships and communicate effectively with our customers, and our own technical staff.
What are the key objectives?
- Development of software designs which are consistent with the solution architecture to meet user requirements
- Develop solutions to business problems in line with the user requirements
- Lead in terms of behaviour and delivering quality code in line with the overall delivery plan
- Actively participate in sprint pre-planning and solution design
- Develop and test solutions to business problems in line with the user requirements
- Work with the architecture board to refine the software architecture and ensure that deliverables are consistent with the full solution
- Work with the team to estimate user stories, and subsequently deliver as part of the iterative development lifecycle
- Assist in mentoring of other team members
Skills and Experience
- Experience with a Front-End Framework, ideally Angular
- Unit testing/mocking frameworks, ideally JUnit/Mockito/Karma/Jasmine and/or Protractor
- Relational/No SQL Databases
- Knowledge of AWS technologies
- Experience implementing containerisation (Docker) and microservices
- Experience implementing and using Continuous Integration and Build Pipelines (Ansible, GULP, NPM, Bower)
- Experience using GIT Source Control
- Awareness of messaging technologies and principles (RabbitMQ)
Our Values, Behaviours and Flexibility in How we Work
At Resonate it’s the ‘how’ we do things together with the ‘what’ we do that differentiates us. We want our people to engage with our vision and display our values and behaviours in their day-to-day activities.
Joining the team and contributing to our vision should not be determined by traditional views of working, our background, or our personal circumstances. What we do, when we do it, and where, should promote positive outcomes - meeting client commitments, innovating, and collaboration with colleagues – flexibility is key to this.
This role could be based in Derby, Milton Keynes, or London (we have beautiful contemporary workspaces at all three offices), and we have adopted a flexible, hybrid approach to work and work location - so please talk to us about your preferences and how these could work for both you and the team.
Regarding hours, this role could be full time (37 hours per week) or part time (25+ hours per week), with a great deal of flexibility over start and finish times - so may be ideal for an individual looking for something that suits their needs and commitments, around our current requirement to be in the office at least one day per week for team collaboration and innovation.
We are very open to different levels of experience in candidates as the team already has a range of capabilities that contribute to its success. Salaries offered are therefore flexible based on the value you can bring, and once with us, we support your ongoing development and keep a close eye on your progress.
Apply for Front end Developer - Part time 25 hrs/wk or Full time, Flexible and Hybrid working available
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly