Senior Consultant, Deloitte Total Reward and Benefits Ltd Risk and Compliance, Consulting QRM
- Contract Type
Senior Consultant, Deloitte Total Reward and Benefits Ltd Risk and Compliance, Consulting QRM, Open to flexibility
Support an interesting and growing business using your technical knowledge.
Deloitte Total Reward and Benefits Limited (DTRB) is regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority (“FCA”) and provides investment advice, actuarial services and outsourced pension administration services to trustees and corporate sponsors of pension schemes.
Pension issues are gaining increasing attention from government, regulators and the media. It continues to be vital the advice we give to our clients complies with all regulations. Your role plays a key part of giving both DTRB management and the wider firm assurance that there are appropriate policies and procedures in place to help practitioners meet these regulatory requirements and that they are being adhered to.
In this interesting and diverse role reporting to the DTRB Risk and Compliance Senior Manager you’ll have regular exposure to the partners. Your role will involve developing a broad understanding of the overall Deloitte risk management framework and an in-depth understanding of the additional regulations which apply to DTRB. This will enable you to effectively monitor the business’s compliance with regulation and support partners and practitioners with day to day queries. The role will involve liaising with contacts across the Quality, Risk & Security (“QRS”) community as well as staff within DTRB.
Your responsibilities will include:
- Carrying out the annual programme of FCA Compliance Monitoring; reporting to management on the firm’s compliance with FCA regulation, agreeing actions with the business to resolve any areas of non-compliance identified by this exercise and tracking those actions to completion.
- Liaising with the Client and Engagement Acceptance (“take on”) Monitoring team in Cardiff on the selection of engagements for monitoring, reviewing their findings and communicating the results to the business.
- Using your regulatory expertise to find opportunities to enhance the take-on monitoring process – e.g. to include more DTRB specific checks on FCA regulated engagements – and working with the team in Cardiff to implement them.
- Drafting papers for and taking the minutes of the monthly board meetings.
- Supporting the business with day to day risk queries such as Quality and Risk consultations during the client and engagement acceptance process.
- Supporting the DTRB Risk and Compliance Senior Manager with various projects such as responding to regulatory change.
- Organising and running training for the DTRB staff on risk and compliance matters.
- Monitoring the embedding of policies specific to the actuarial practice such as the ARA Quality Assurance Policy and the Technical Actuarial Standards.
- Working effectively in diverse teams within an inclusive team culture where people are recognised for their contribution
Your work, your choice
How long does impact take? How long is a piece of string? How many seconds does a solution contain? How can we possibly tell? After all, impact can be huge or small. Immediate or years in the making. At Deloitte we believe the best impact is the value we add, not the hours we sit at our desk.
We, therefore, carefully consider agile ways of working, both formal and informal, that allow for the best impact for our people and our clients. If the working pattern you are looking for is not specifically indicated below, we are happy to discuss alternative arrangements.
Location: London or Edinburgh with regular travel (at least monthly) between the two offices and infrequent travel to other DTRB locations (Belfast, Birmingham, Manchester, Leeds). No international travel.
Suggested work pattern: Permanent full-time with an opportunity for some home working. Will consider Permanent part-time: a minimum of four days / 80% availability.
Your professional experience
The successful candidate will:
- Be well organised with good attention to detail and strong analytical and problem solving skills.
- Have strong oral and written communication skills to enable you to communicate effectively with people at all levels.
- Have an appetite for learning – the regulations are complex and change over time so you will need to gain knowledge fast and keep your knowledge up to date.
- Be comfortable with providing challenge where necessary but in a pragmatic and supportive way – the risk and compliance team should be a trusted advisor to DTRB.
- Network with key contacts across QRS and within DTRB
Our preferred candidate would be someone with relevant professional experience of FCA Compliance but we will consider individuals who have other relevant skills such as experience with compliance with ICAEW regulations, if you show the appetite for learning.
Your service line
Internal Client Services
At Deloitte, we’re all about collaboration. And nowhere is this more apparent than among our 2,000-strong internal client services team. With our combined specialist skills, we provide all the essential support and advice our client-facing colleagues need, right across the firm. We impact every area of our business, every day. From solving IT issues quickly and efficiently, to ensuring our people get the best possible training, to guiding colleagues on their tax and pensions. From our centralised hubs in Milton Keynes and Cardiff, we live, breathe and deliver the Deloitte experience.
Our Purpose & Strategy
To make an impact that matters for our clients, our people and society - defines who we are and what we stand for. Our purpose provides the foundation for our strategy and our aspiration to be the undisputed leader in professional services: this is not about size, it's about being the first choice. The first choice for the largest and most influential clients, and the first choice for the best talent.
What do we do?
Deloitte offers global integrated professional services that include Audit & Assurance, Consulting, Financial Advisory, Risk Advisory and Tax Consulting. Our approach combines intellectual leadership, industrial expertise, insight, consulting & problem solving capabilities whatever the role, technology revolutions and innovation from multiple disciplines to help our clients excel anywhere in the world.
Beyond the UK: North West Europe within a Global firm
UK and Switzerland, Belgium, the Netherlands and the Nordics (Denmark, Finland, Iceland, Norway and Sweden) have combined to create a new Deloitte North West Europe firm on 1 June 2017. This is to support our aspiration to be the undisputed leader in professional services and to increase our global influence and lead in EMEA.
A broader geographical shape will create new career development opportunities, helping us develop the very best talent across the region and the world.
What do we value?
At Deloitte we foster a collaborative culture where talented individuals can produce their best work. We value innovative thinking, diverse insights and a genuinely distinctive level of customer service. We value difference, with respect at the heart of our inclusive culture, and we support agile working arrangements. Hear from some of our people already working at Deloitte in agile ways. We are proud to have earnt a Top 10 place on the 2017 list of Top 30 Employers for Working Families and to have been in their Top 10 for seven consecutive years. Additionally we received the Working Families Best for All Stages of Motherhood special award in 2016.
Being a Leader at Deloitte
Cultural fit and purpose-led leadership is crucial for Deloitte. Our leaders always set the example and inspire their colleagues. They make quality time for people and take an interest in them. They know what matters to people - both inside and outside work – and value them as individuals; always finding opportunities to develop them while showing respect and appreciation.
We expect colleagues at all levels to embrace and live our purpose and our leadership culture by challenging themselves to identify issues that are most important for our clients, our people, and for society and make an impact that matters. We know leadership comes in all shapes and sizes, but we require five leadership imperativesfrom all of our people:
- We live our purpose: we act as a role model, embracing and living our purpose and values, and recognising others for the impact they make
- We develop talent: we develop high-performing people and teams through challenging and meaningful opportunities
- We drive performance: we deliver exceptional client service; maximise results and drive high performance from people while fostering collaboration across businesses and borders
- We believe positive influence can make an impact that matters: we influence clients, teams, and individuals positively, leading by example and establishing confident relationships with increasingly senior people
- We move, together, towards a strategic direction: we understand key objectives for clients and Deloitte, aligning people to objectives and setting priorities and direction
Deloitte LLP is a limited liability partnership registered in England and Wales with registered number OC303675 and registered office at 2 New Street Square, London, EC4A 3BZ. Deloitte LLP is the United Kingdom affiliate of Deloitte NWE LLP, a member firm of Deloitte Touche Tohmatsu Limited, a UK private company limited by guarantee (“DTTL”), its network of member firms, and their related entities. DTTL and each of its member firms are legally separate and independent entities.
Requisition code: 154578