GSK are currently hiring for a fantastic new opportunity at our UK site in Stockley Park. This is a unique role that requires somebody from a scientific background to organise and manage day to day operations in our Respiratory Medical team in the UK. You will need to be a proactive person with a passion for organisation and project management as well has having a detailed understanding of the science behind our projects.
YOUR KEY RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Working in close liaison with the Respiratory Medical Director, project manage the logistics of the Medical Affairs Brand Plans.
• Manage Scientific Engagement activities in accordance with the Medical Affairs and Brand Plan such as, but not limited to, Advisory Boards, Educational Meetings.
• Working with internal and external experts and third party service providers and vendors negotiate the details, create the required contracts and complete the necessary internal financial and governance processes such as cost centre data entry and tracking, "Zinc" certification, etc.
• In accordance with Scientific Engagement, ABAC and ABPI requirements, review the appropriateness and if acceptable then sanction and fulfill all relevant aspects of the contracting and engagement processes of the Company with external health care professionals (HCP) or government officials (GO) to receive either payment or any form of benefit in kind undertake the following:
o Fee for Service activities,
o Receive Medical Fellowship sponsorship,
• Facilitate the process for the appropriate attendance at medical conferences and congresses in accordance with GSK policy.
• Facilitate and track the Patient Advocacy process in collaboration with the Patient Advocacy Group owner.
Co-ordinate and be the single point of contact for the Global Respiratory Franchise and medical advisors regarding the administration of Named Patient Programmes.
If requiring an adjustment for a disability, once selected for Interview you may contact firstname.lastname@example.org
Closing date for applications: 5th September 2018
When applying for this role, please use the 'cover letter' of the on-line application to describe how you meet the competencies for this role, as outlined in the job requirements above.
The information that you have provided in your cover letter and CV will be used to assess your application.
Thank you for your interest in this opportunity.
Why You?Basic qualifications:
• An understanding of medical and scientific terms and minimum of bachelors in a relevant scientific topic
• Knowledge of medical and scientific activities according to the principles of policy and practices, legislation and the ABPI Code
• Work effectively across a wide functional and hierarchical matrix to find acceptable, mutually agreeable solutions.
• Project management experience/certification
At GSK, our mission is to improve the quality of human life by enabling people to do more, feel better and live longer. Our three world-leading businesses research and deliver innovative medicines, vaccines and consumer healthcare products. We need a talented and motivated workforce to deliver against our strategy. To achieve this, we strive to attract the best people and to create an environment that empowers and inspires.
You may apply for this position online by selecting the Apply now button.
Important notice to Employment businesses/ Agencies
GSK does not accept referrals from employment businesses and/or employment agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site. All employment businesses/agencies are required to contact GSK's commercial and general procurement/human resources department to obtain prior written authorization before referring any candidates to GSK. The obtaining of prior written authorization is a condition precedent to any agreement (verbal or written) between the employment business/ agency and GSK. In the absence of such written authorization being obtained any actions undertaken by the employment business/agency shall be deemed to have been performed without the consent or contractual agreement of GSK. GSK shall therefore not be liable for any fees arising from such actions or any fees arising from any referrals by employment businesses/agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site.