Senior Design Researcher - Open to flexible working
We're the UK's largest Digital, Retail and Commercial Bank, offering insurance and pensions through our Scottish Widows. We focus on Helping Britain Prosper. We're innovating products that help transform customer journeys - making millions of people's lives simpler and better, all over the country, every single day. There's never been a better time to be part of change - help us reinvent the boundaries of banking, and we'll invest in your continued development, so you can craft your future career!
Want to hear more?
Here at Lloyds Banking Group, we value Design Research. We're a large, experienced team of 20+ researchers. We shape product and service development. Everyone has different strengths and passions - maybe you're an expert in accessibility, skilled in quantitative research, or have a solid background in user experience (UX). We encourage you to test and learn new ways of doing research. We foster a culture of mentoring, collaborating and learning from other researchers.
Working in an experienced multi-disciplinary design, product and engineering team, you'll develop and lead the research strategy for a key area of our business. You'll report into and be supported by a research lead as well as the wider research community. You'll be responsible for managing the research plan and roadmap for your service or product area. You'll deliver research to solve customer problems, unlock new opportunities and guide what is created. You'll enjoy working on research across the product development lifecycle, from generative to evaluative research.
What we need from you:
- Experience working closely with design and product teams to identify and prioritise the right research questions
- Create research roadmaps to keep the team on track, helping set both short term and strategic direction
- Deep qualitative research experience (1-5 years) using techniques such as usability testing (moderated and unmoderated), concept testing, and depth interviews
- Synthesise insights in an impactful and actionable manner to generate a shared understanding of user needs and opportunities
What we like…
- Experience combining qualitative and quantitative methods
- Ethnographic experience (using techniques such as contextual enquiry or diary studies)
- Experience with accessibility research and/or vulnerable customers
- Willingness to share your expertise and learn from others
- A desire to learn a lot about pensions and investments
So what can we offer you in return?
We're focused on creating a values-led culture and are committed to building a workforce which reflects the diversity of the customers and communities we serve. Together we're building a truly inclusive workplace where all of our colleagues have the opportunity to make a real difference. We'll give you stretch as well as an energising and informal environment. You'll realise genuine career progression opportunities gained within a nurturing culture that celebrates both diversity and equal opportunity.
Whatever your aspiration, you can also expect excellent benefits, personal development and a career that's enriching and full of opportunity.
You'll also receive a package that includes:
- Discretionary bonus
- Cash sum of 4% which you can exchange for a variety of benefits or simply take the cash
- Private Medical Insurance
- Pension, where we'll give up to a max of 15%
- Share plans
- 30 days holiday (plus Public)
Are you interested in joining us? Apply today, we'd love to hear from you...