Bookkeeper (Part time)
This position is for a bookkeeper. It is a very exciting role for someone well organised, technologically savvy, keen to work part time and able to juggle multiple priorities. The position is 10 hours per week, ideally spread over 3 or 4 days per week. Most work is from home but once per week you will need to travel to the office. There is a broad professional development to broader responsibilities in the business over time.
- Preparing reports with key financial data and operational metrics for clients
- Ensuring several databases with client deadlines are accurate and up to date
- Devising and maintaining office systems, including online data management and e-filing
- Running payroll, ensuring pension data is up to date and issuing invoices
- Assisting the Finance Director with other tasks as required
- Liaising with clients, suppliers and other staff.
Qualifications & Experience
- GCSE English and mathematics (or equivalent) essential
- Good knowledge of accounting, either through experience or relevant courses
- A degree in business or management is ideal. Entry without a degree is possible as personal qualities, experience and general office skills are generally considered more important.
You will need to show evidence of the following:
- Excellent computer literacy and IT skills, including knowledge of a range of software packages
- Ability to learn new systems and software quickly and independently
- Good organisational and time management skills
- Highly numerate
- Good understanding of accounting and bookkeeping
- Good written and spoken English
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Ability to work on your own initiative
- Honesty and reliability
- Attention to detail
- Flexibility and adaptability to juggle a range of different tasks and to work extra hours to meet deadlines.
More About ScaleXP
ScaleXP is a new company created to provide outsourced accounting, finance and HR services to high growth technology companies. There are currently four other employees, most of who work at client sites, but we expect to have eight by the end of the year. The company is committed to allowing all employees to work flexibly and part time. This is a dynamic high growth company, offering each employee lots of responsibility to grow with the business.
Salary, Working Hours and Employment Terms
- £30,000 per annum full time equivalent
- Permanent, part time role, 10 hours per week
The position is to start in September, and with this in mind we will be interviewing on a candidate by candidate basis so please do not delay in sending over your application.
Please apply via the button below with your CV and a brief overview message of why you would be ideal in this role.
We look forward to hearing from you.