.Net Software Engineer, Deloitte Ventures - Open to flexible working
.Net Software Engineer, Deloitte Ventures, Consulting, London
This is your opportunity to join Deloitte Ventures, an exciting and entrepreneurial part of the firm – the home of our product and engineering teams, as well as our venture incubators and studios. We bring together creative problem solvers, doers and makers from all walks of life, united by a drive to help make change happen – in our own business, and for our clients. Together, we see a better future. And then create it.
One way we do this is by listening to the common challenges our clients are facing, transforming early stage concepts into scalable technology solutions that deliver faster and better results for businesses all around the world.
Are you naturally curious about the world and making things better?
Our Products and Solutions teams are. We make use of the deep heritage of Deloitte and the amazing Intellectual Property (IP) within the firm to challenge the old and influence what is yet to happen. We design technology assets that solve our clients’ most complex challenges in a swift and radical way through the agility of a start-up, within the ecosystem of a $35bn global business. Our products are data driven and use machine learning and simulation engineering. They help humans make great decisions.
- As a Software Engineer in Deloitte Ventures you will be part of the team that builds and maintains one of our products or early stage concepts.
- As an experienced C# .NET developer, working within an enthusiastic and motivated team, building cloud-based products, you will be responsible for the quality and integrity of your work – implementing pipeline deployments, infrastructure as code and integrated testing frameworks.
- Building products that are scalable, high impact, delivering value using machine learning models.
- Using agile practices, peer reviews [needs more here]
- You will be encouraged to achieve cloud certification
- Explore your curiosity – we hold regular hackathons to improve our products and challenge our ideas, and other practices such as Secure Code Warrior to keep the quality high.
- Provide in-office hours support for your product – our product teams own their production environments.
Your work, your choice
At Deloitte we believe the best impact is the value we add, not the hours we sit at our desk. We carefully consider agile ways of working, both formal and informal, that allow for the best impact for our people and our clients. Please speak to your recruiter about the working pattern that works best for you.
Location: This role is based in our London Studio.
Work pattern: Permanent full-time
Your professional experience
- You have a relevant qualification in Computer Science or Software Development.
- You have multiple years' experience working as a developer in an agile development team.
- You have hand-on experience using cloud technologies, such as AWS or Azure.
- You are highly proficient in at least one programming language, predominant preference given to C#. Python is a bonus.
- You are comfortable using infrastructure as code and automated release pipelines.
- You are good at communicating your ideas and like to play your part to build a shared sense of team success
- You are interested in building software products and have supported a product through its lifecycle.
- You invest in your own development by staying up to date on technology changes and have a broad awareness of wider technology trends.
Some notable items in our technology stack include:
- C# .Net Core WebApi
- Angular (NgRx/Typescript)
- AWS or Azure cloud technologies (mostly functions, containers and serverless)
- Infrastructure as code Terraform/Serverless
- Automated and Unit Testing Frameworks
- Azure Devops Server (VSTS/TFS)
- Containers - Docker
- Python 3 for Machine Learning algorithms
- Relational Databases (SQL/Postgres)
- NoSQL Databases
Your service line: Consulting
Our people and the way we work are the two things that set us apart in the consulting universe. For us, collaboration is fundamental to success, along with an unrivalled depth and breadth of expertise. We work closely with our clients and each other, at every stage of every project, solving our clients' trickiest problems with a mix of knowledge, creativity and intellectual rigour. A hugely diverse range of clients rely on us to deliver the kind of change that adds genuine, lasting value to their business.
Regulation and controls are standard practice in our industry and Deloitte is no exception. These controls provide important legal protection for both you and the firm. We are subject to a number of audit regulations, one of which requires that certain colleagues abide by specific personal independence constraints. This can mean that you and your "Immediate Family Members" are not permitted to hold certain financial interests (shares, funds, bonds etc.) with audit clients of the firm. The recruitment team will provide further detail as you progress through the recruitment process.
Our Purpose & Strategy
To make an impact that matters for our clients, our people and society - defines who we are and what we stand for. Our purpose provides the foundation for our strategy and our aspiration to be the undisputed leader in professional services: this is not about size, it's about being the first choice. The first choice for the largest and most influential clients, and the first choice for the best talent.
What do we do?
Deloitte offers global integrated professional services that include Audit & Assurance, Consulting, Financial Advisory, Legal, Risk Advisory and Tax Consulting. Our approach combines intellectual leadership, industrial expertise, insight, consulting & problem solving capabilities whatever the role, technology revolutions and innovation from multiple disciplines to help our clients excel anywhere in the world.
Beyond the UK: Deloitte North and South Europe
The UK is part of Deloitte North and South Europe (NSE), the second largest member firm in the Deloitte network. Deloitte NSE combines operations in Belgium, Central Mediterranean (Italy, Greece, Malta), Ireland, the Middle East (Bahrain, Cyprus, Egypt, Iraq, Jordan, Kuwait, Lebanon, Libya, Oman, Palestinian Ruled Territories, Qatar, Saudi Arabia, United Arab Emirates, Yemen), the Netherlands, the Nordics (Denmark, Finland, Iceland, Norway and Sweden), Switzerland and the UK. Deloitte NSE brings together 2,700 partners and over 50,000 people, combining our unmatched breadth and depth of capabilities in audit and assurance, consulting, financial advisory, risk advisory, and tax and legal across the region. Being part of Deloitte NSE supports our aspiration to be the undisputed leader in professional services and will create more opportunity and growth for our people.
What do we value?
What brings us all together at Deloitte? It's how we approach the thousands of decisions we make every day. How we behave, our beliefs and our attitudes. In other words: our values. Whatever we do, wherever we are in the world, we lead the way, serve with integrity, take care of each other, foster inclusion, and collaborate for maximum impact. These five shared values lead every decision we make and action we take, guiding us to deliver impact how and where it matters most.
Being a Leader at Deloitte
Cultural fit and purpose-led leadership is crucial for Deloitte. Our leaders always set the example and inspire their colleagues. They make quality time for people and take an interest in them. They know what matters to people - both inside and outside work - and value them as individuals; always finding opportunities to develop them while showing respect and appreciation.
We expect colleagues at all levels to embrace and live our purpose and our leadership culture by challenging themselves to identify issues that are most important for our clients, our people, and for society and make an impact that matters. We know leadership comes in all shapes and sizes, but our Leadership Charter helps all of our people understand what we're looking for:
- We live our purpose: we act as a role model, embracing and living our purpose and values, and recognising others for the impact they make
- We develop talent: we develop high-performing people and teams through challenging and meaningful opportunities
- We drive performance: we deliver exceptional client service; maximise results and drive high performance from people while fostering collaboration across businesses and borders
- We believe positive influence can make an impact that matters: we influence clients, teams, and individuals positively, leading by example and establishing confident relationships with increasingly senior people
- We move, together, towards a strategic direction: we understand key objectives for clients and Deloitte, aligning people to objectives and setting priorities and direction.
Please click 'Apply' to submit your application