Senior Product Manager, Deloitte Ventures - Flexible working, Hybrid Working & Returners
Senior Product Manager, Deloitte Ventures, Consulting, London
This is your opportunity to join Deloitte Ventures, an exciting and entrepreneurial part of the firm – the home of our product and engineering teams, as well as our venture incubators and studios. We bring together creative problem solvers, doers and makers from all walks of life, united by a drive to help make change happen – in our own business, and for our clients. Together, we see a better future. And then create it.
One way we do this is by listening to the common challenges our clients are facing, transforming early stage concepts into scalable technology solutions that deliver faster and better results for businesses all around the world.
Are you naturally curious about the world and making things better? Our Product and Engineering teams are. We make use of the deep heritage of Deloitte and the amazing Intellectual Property (IP) within the firm to challenge the old and influence what is yet to happen. We design technology assets (ranging from tools and accelerators to fully fledged commercial software) that solve our clients’ most complex challenges in a swift and radical way through the agility of a start-up, within the ecosystem of a $47bn global business.
To become the undisputed leader in professional services, Deloitte has made innovation a centrepiece of its investment strategy. It is critical to solving our clients’ toughest problems, attracting and retaining the best talent and ultimately, ensuring the future success of our firm by turning disruption into opportunity.
As a Senior Product Manager within our Product & Engineering team you will be instrumental in supporting the development of the overall product strategy, and its execution for the product, platform or portfolio of products that you have responsibility for.
We are looking for someone who has a broad and deep product management background through the full product lifecycle from early-stage concept validation all the way through to sunsetting the product. You will use that experience, whether performing discovery, road mapping and prioritization, working in cross functional teams or focusing on the more commercial aspects (GTM, Pricing, Sales, Channels etc) to drive forward your products and the propositions they are taken to market within.
Deloitte has deep experience and a wide customer base across numerous industries and sectors. This provides a broad canvas for the products! Whether you already have alignment with an industry or are happy to become obsessed in a new one, your Product Management skills and experience will make a real impact to the business and our clients.
- Manage the product lifecycle, either of a large product or part of a wider platform and/or a portfolio of products.
- Work with the business owners to support the creation and ongoing iteration of the commercial strategy and business case for the propositions that your products are part of
- Develop and maintain the product roadmap and product backlog
- Work alongside a great team of business owners, consultants, product managers, delivery managers, designers and engineers
- Conduct and/or participate in early testing to validate prototypes / designs and market approaches
- Have the ability to prioritise (ruthlessly) and explain the rationale behind the prioritisation utilizing established frameworks
- Drive a solution set across sales/marketing/engineering/support
- Define key product based KPIs/outcomes and ensure they are measured, tracked, communicated and acted upon
- Manage stakeholder expectations as part of either discovery or delivery with excellent business writing and presentation skills
- Support the creation of go-to market materials and positioning, in particular through clear articulation of the product’s key features and benefits
- Support pre-sales activities through key client conversations and product demos
- Be an active participant in the Product Management, and wider Product & Engineering, communities that exist across Deloitte UK and NSE. That includes being
- Mentor, and where appropriate people lead, other Product Managers and our Venture Leads (the roles that support early stage concepts where we are working out whether a product is even needed)
- Have opportunity to support our broader Deloitte Ventures team on new concepts and ideas that are coming through incubation
- Work effectively in diverse teams within an inclusive team culture where people are recognised for their contribution
Your Work, Your Choice
At Deloitte we believe the best impact is the value we add, not the hours we sit at our desk. We carefully consider agile ways of working, both formal and informal, that allow for the best impact for our people and our clients. Please speak to your recruiter about the working pattern that works best for you.
Location: This role will be based in London, with minimal travel commitments
Work pattern: Permanent full-time
Your professional experience
- In order to be considered for this opportunity, you MUST have: experience as a Product Manager within a product development environment where products have been automated for a commercial and / or technical offering within a B2B environment
- Understanding of how Product Managers work between sales, marketing, delivery, design, engineering and support in a B2B business that uses software products as part of its commercial offer to the market
- Strong commercial acumen and understanding of business drivers to enable commercial model and product prioritization decisions
- Building and executing on commercial strategies
- Considerable experience of full product lifecycle
- Experience and knowledge of the Retail or SaMD sector
- Strong industry understanding
- Understanding of technology, UX and UI processes
- Understanding and experience of working in an iterative and incremental Agile software development framework like Scrum.
- Understanding of key market research/marketing techniques
- Experience building mock-ups and prototypes using tools such as Axure or Balsamiq
- Excellent communication, business engagement and collaboration skills
Nice to Have
- Certifications (e.g., Scrum master , certified scrum product owner)
- Knowledge and experience within professional services organisations
Your Service Line: Consulting
Our people and the way we work are the two things that set us apart in the consulting universe. For us, collaboration is fundamental to success, along with an unrivalled depth and breadth of expertise. We work closely with our clients and each other, at every stage of every project, solving our clients’ trickiest problems with a mix of knowledge, creativity and intellectual rigour. A hugely diverse range of clients rely on us to deliver the kind of change that adds genuine, lasting value to their business.
Regulation and controls are standard practice in our industry and Deloitte is no exception. These controls provide important legal protection for both you and the firm. We are subject to a number of audit regulations, one of which requires that certain colleagues abide by specific personal independence constraints. This can mean that you and your "Immediate Family Members" are not permitted to hold certain financial interests (shares, funds, bonds etc.) with audit clients of the firm. The recruitment team will provide further detail as you progress through the recruitment process.
Our Purpose & Strategy
To make an impact that matters for our clients, our people and society - defines who we are and what we stand for. Our purpose provides the foundation for our strategy and our aspiration to be the undisputed leader in professional services: this is not about size, it's about being the first choice. The first choice for the largest and most influential clients, and the first choice for the best talent.
What do we do?
Deloitte offers global integrated professional services that include Audit & Assurance, Consulting, Financial Advisory, Legal, Risk Advisory and Tax Consulting. Our approach combines intellectual leadership, industrial expertise, insight, consulting & problem solving capabilities whatever the role, technology revolutions and innovation from multiple disciplines to help our clients excel anywhere in the world.
Beyond the UK: Deloitte North and South Europe
The UK is part of Deloitte North and South Europe (NSE), the second largest member firm in the Deloitte network. Deloitte NSE combines operations in Belgium, Central Mediterranean (Italy, Greece, Malta), Ireland, the Middle East (Bahrain, Cyprus, Egypt, Iraq, Jordan, Kuwait, Lebanon, Libya, Oman, Palestinian Ruled Territories, Qatar, Saudi Arabia, United Arab Emirates, Yemen), the Netherlands, the Nordics (Denmark, Finland, Iceland, Norway and Sweden), Switzerland and the UK. Deloitte NSE brings together 2,700 partners and over 50,000 people, combining our unmatched breadth and depth of capabilities in audit and assurance, consulting, financial advisory, risk advisory, and tax and legal across the region. Being part of Deloitte NSE supports our aspiration to be the undisputed leader in professional services and will create more opportunity and growth for our people.
What do we value?
What brings us all together at Deloitte? it's how we approach the thousands of decisions we make every day. How we behave, our beliefs and our attitudes. In other words: our values. Whatever we do, wherever we are in the world, we lead the way, serve with integrity, take care of each other, foster inclusion, and collaborate for maximum impact. These five shared values lead every decision we make and action we take, guiding us to deliver impact how and where it matters most.
Being a Leader at Deloitte
Cultural fit and purpose-led leadership is crucial for Deloitte. Our leaders always set the example and inspire their colleagues. They make quality time for people and take an interest in them. They know what matters to people - both inside and outside work - and value them as individuals; always finding opportunities to develop them while showing respect and appreciation.
We expect colleagues at all levels to embrace and live our purpose and our leadership culture by challenging themselves to identify issues that are most important for our clients, our people, and for society and make an impact that matters. We know leadership comes in all shapes and sizes, but our Leadership Charter helps all of our people understand what We're looking for:
- We live our purpose: we act as a role model, embracing and living our purpose and values, and recognising others for the impact they make
- We develop talent: we develop high-performing people and teams through challenging and meaningful opportunities
- We drive performance: we deliver exceptional client service; maximise results and drive high performance from people while fostering collaboration across businesses and borders
- We believe positive influence can make an impact that matters: we influence clients, teams, and individuals positively, leading by example and establishing confident relationships with increasingly senior people
- We move, together, towards a strategic direction: we understand key objectives for clients and Deloitte, aligning people to objectives and setting priorities and direction.
Please click 'Apply' to submit your application