Venture Lead, Deloitte Ventures, Consulting - Open to flexible working
Venture Lead, Deloitte Ventures, Consulting, London
This is your opportunity to join Deloitte Ventures, an exciting and entrepreneurial part of the firm the home of our product and engineering teams, as well as our venture incubators and studios. We bring together creative problem solvers, doers and makers from all walks of life, united by a drive to help make change happen in our own business, and for our clients. Together, we see a better future. And then create it.
Are you naturally curious about the world and staying ahead of the curve?
At Deloitte Ventures, we harness Deloitte’s deep heritage to challenge the old and influence what is yet to happen. We are a team of entrepreneurs, innovators, business strategists and product specialists. Together, we design and build our own technology assets to solve our customer’s most complex challenges in a swift and radical way through the agility of a start-up.
Delivering the best possible service for our clients is everyone’s job – not just the role of our team members working on client site. From creating innovative technological solutions to bringing together the right people and capabilities in diverse teams, the opportunities to develop your career behind the scenes here, working within an inclusive culture, are both huge and diverse.
- Work closely with stakeholders in our Consulting business to build new ventures and offerings, powered by technology,
- Define and clearly articulate the problem to be solved, and how the proposed solution will solve it,
- Formulate hypotheses about the best course of action at each stage of venture development, gathering data and information from a wide variety of sources to develop insights that address:
- Desirability: is there demand for the solution, is it scalable across multiple clients
- Feasibility: collaborating with technical teams to understand the feasibility of the proposed venture and the resources required to develop it
- Viability: is there a solid business case that makes sense for Deloitte. and validate these by gathering data and information from a wide variety of sources
- Evaluate the market: who are our potential competitors or partners, and what is our best strategic approach?
- Assemble the commercial case for the venture and pitch for funding from budget holders
- Test market response through workshops, interviews, and prototypes
- Refine and shape the product concept in line with lean start-up principles
For this role we can offer coaching and support designed for returners to refresh your knowledge and skills, and to help you transition back into the workplace after a career break of 2 years or more. If this is relevant for you, just let your recruiter know when you make your application.
Your work, your choice
At Deloitte we believe the best impact is the value we add, not the hours we sit at our desk. We carefully consider agile ways of working, both formal and informal, that allow for the best impact for our people and our clients. Please speak to your recruiter about the working pattern that works best for you.
Location: London with occasional domestic and international travel
Work pattern: This is full time, permanent opportunity.
Your professional experience
- Experience in the private sector, public sector, or financial services
- Experience and/or demonstrable interest in corporate innovation and/or in the start-up ecosystem and/or in a commercial product role
- Problem solver – Able to solve ambiguous problems, in a structured and logical way
- Commercial acumen – an understanding of B2B commercial drivers and business cases
- Tenacity – self-motivated to own and solve complex business challenges
- Excellent interpersonal skills – able to manage internal and/or external stakeholders
Your service line: Consulting
Our people and the way we work are the two things that set us apart in the consulting universe. For us, collaboration is fundamental to success, along with an unrivalled depth and breadth of expertise. We work closely with our clients and each other, at every stage of every project, solving our clients’ trickiest problems with a mix of knowledge, creativity and intellectual rigour. A hugely diverse range of clients rely on us to deliver the kind of change that adds genuine, lasting value to their business.
Regulation and controls are standard practice in our industry and Deloitte is no exception. These controls provide important legal protection for both you and the firm. We are subject to a number of audit regulations, one of which requires that certain colleagues abide by specific personal independence constraints. This can mean that you and your "Immediate Family Members" are not permitted to hold certain financial interests (shares, funds, bonds etc.) with audit clients of the firm. The recruitment team will provide further detail as you progress through the recruitment process.
Our Purpose & Strategy
To make an impact that matters for our clients, our people and society - defines who we are and what we stand for. Our purpose provides the foundation for our strategy and our aspiration to be the undisputed leader in professional services: this is not about size, it's about being the first choice. The first choice for the largest and most influential clients, and the first choice for the best talent.
What do we do?
Deloitte offers global integrated professional services that include Audit & Assurance, Consulting, Financial Advisory, Legal, Risk Advisory and Tax Consulting. Our approach combines intellectual leadership, industrial expertise, insight, consulting & problem solving capabilities whatever the role, technology revolutions and innovation from multiple disciplines to help our clients excel anywhere in the world.
Beyond the UK: Deloitte North and South Europe
The UK is part of Deloitte North and South Europe (NSE), the second largest member firm in the Deloitte network. Deloitte NSE combines operations in Belgium, Central Mediterranean (Italy, Greece, Malta), Ireland, the Middle East (Bahrain, Cyprus, Egypt, Iraq, Jordan, Kuwait, Lebanon, Libya, Oman, Palestinian Ruled Territories, Qatar, Saudi Arabia, United Arab Emirates, Yemen), the Netherlands, the Nordics (Denmark, Finland, Iceland, Norway and Sweden), Switzerland and the UK. Deloitte NSE brings together 2,700 partners and over 50,000 people, combining our unmatched breadth and depth of capabilities in audit and assurance, consulting, financial advisory, risk advisory, and tax and legal across the region. Being part of Deloitte NSE supports our aspiration to be the undisputed leader in professional services and will create more opportunity and growth for our people.
What do we value?
What brings us all together at Deloitte? It’s how we approach the thousands of decisions we make every day. How we behave, our beliefs and our attitudes. In other words: our values. Whatever we do, wherever we are in the world, we lead the way, serve with integrity, take care of each other, foster inclusion, and collaborate for maximum impact. These five shared values lead every decision we make and action we take, guiding us to deliver impact how and where it matters most.
Being a Leader at Deloitte
Cultural fit and purpose-led leadership is crucial for Deloitte. Our leaders always set the example and inspire their colleagues. They make quality time for people and take an interest in them. They know what matters to people - both inside and outside work – and value them as individuals; always finding opportunities to develop them while showing respect and appreciation.
We expect colleagues at all levels to embrace and live our purpose and our leadership culture by challenging themselves to identify issues that are most important for our clients, our people, and for society and make an impact that matters. We know leadership comes in all shapes and sizes, but our Leadership Charter helps all of our people understand what we’re looking for:
- We live our purpose: we act as a role model, embracing and living our purpose and values, and recognising others for the impact they make
- We develop talent: we develop high-performing people and teams through challenging and meaningful opportunities
- We drive performance: we deliver exceptional client service; maximise results and drive high performance from people while fostering collaboration across businesses and borders
- We believe positive influence can make an impact that matters: we influence clients, teams, and individuals positively, leading by example and establishing confident relationships with increasingly senior people
- We move, together, towards a strategic direction: we understand key objectives for clients and Deloitte, aligning people to objectives and setting priorities and direction.
Please click 'Apply' to submit your application