Senior Front End Engineer, Deloitte Ventures - Open to flexible working
Senior Front End Engineer, Deloitte Ventures, Financial Advisory
This is your opportunity to join Deloitte Ventures, an exciting and entrepreneurial part of the firm – the home of our product and engineering teams, as well as our venture incubators and studios. We bring together creative problem solvers, doers and makers from all walks of life, united by a drive to help make change happen – in our own business, and for our clients. Together, we see a better future. And then create it.
One way we do this is by listening to the common challenges our clients are facing, transforming early stage concepts into scalable technology solutions that deliver faster and better results for businesses all around the world.
To become the undisputed leader in professional services by 2023, Deloitte has made Innovation a centerpiece of its investment strategy. It is critical to solving our clients' toughest challenges; attracting and retaining the best talent and ultimately, ensuring the future success of our firm by turning disruption into opportunity.
To support this exciting strategic initiative, this is your opportunity to join Deloitte Digital Financial Advisory’s rapidly growing Product Factory team based in St Albans or London. Product Factory harnesses groundbreaking technology and the latest programming techniques to solve our clients’ most complex and immediate issues. The team designs and builds innovative solutions, bringing financial innovation to the whole of Deloitte and its stakeholders.
By delivering and propagating new tech-enabled solutions, we advocate change, promoting the innovation “imperative” across Deloitte and to our firm’s clients.
Our rapidly expanding team comprises a group of specialists drawn from a wide range of different professional both technical and non-technical backgrounds. If your background is in development, you will find opportunities to both grow your portfolio of skills and lead at what you do best. In return for your continued success, interest and commitment, we will provide you with a variety of career opportunities, a comprehensive training programme and a structured career path.
As an engineer, you will:
- Be an integral and collaborative member of a team building top-quality products and services.
- Develop cutting-edge web applications that perform superbly across all platforms.
- Clearly and concisely communicate highly technical challenges and solutions to client and non-technical team members.
- Maintain high standard of quality as you creatively and strategically problem solve throughout the product delivery process.
- Be excited about new web technologies/techniques, and evaluate these technologies to expand the scope of the team’s work and identify opportunities for improvement and greater efficiency
- Build solid front-end architectures that integrate easily with other systems and technologies
- Understand design patterns and write best-in-class reusable, modular code
- Working closely with other disciplines (Back-end, UX, Design, QA)
- Understand the complete development lifecycle for products and applications, and how front-end is a key driver in this.
- Mentor peer & junior team members
Your work, your choice
At Deloitte we believe the best impact is the value we add, not the hours we sit at our desk. We carefully consider agile ways of working, both formal and informal, that allow for the best impact for our people and our clients. If this opportunity is of interest to you, please speak to your recruiter about the working pattern that works best for you.
Location: St Albans or London with some travel to St Albans office
Work pattern: This is a permanent contract opportunity. Our team members work a variety of agile working patterns. Tell us what arrangement works for you and we’ll try to accommodate.
Your professional experience
- Demonstrable knowledge of building modern web applications/sites in a professional environment
- Semantic HTML5 and CSS3, and comfortable with preprocessors (We use SASS)
- Comfortable with version control, preferably Git
- Proficient in responsive design development methodologies and best practices
- Understand how inclusive development & web accessibility can positively impact our users
- Background in user experience and/or design
- Experience with cloud-based web services and database systems (e.g. AWS, Google Cloud, Microsoft Azure)
- Familiarity with server-side programming (e.g. Node.js, Python, or .Net C#)
- Self-motivated and able to work autonomously in a thriving business environment
Your service line: Financial Advisory
Advising clients in the moments that define their business takes multiple layers of expertise. Much more than due-diligence, this is about diverse teams of specialists coming together, crossing service lines and international borders to tackle the many, complex issues involved in major transactions. And we have one of the broadest networks in the business. Here, you’ll find fascinating, career-building projects, market leading approaches, cutting-edge resources, huge clients and inspirational colleagues. As well as opportunities to develop a deep industry or product specialism.
Regulation and controls are standard practice in our industry and Deloitte is no exception. These controls provide important legal protection for both you and the firm. We are subject to a number of audit regulations, one of which requires that certain colleagues abide by specific personal independence constraints. This can mean that you and your "Immediate Family Members" are not permitted to hold certain financial interests (shares, funds, bonds etc.) with audit clients of the firm. The recruitment team will provide further detail as you progress through the recruitment process.
Our Purpose & Strategy
To make an impact that matters for our clients, our people and society - defines who we are and what we stand for. Our purpose provides the foundation for our strategy and our aspiration to be the undisputed leader in professional services: this is not about size, it's about being the first choice. The first choice for the largest and most influential clients, and the first choice for the best talent.
What do we do?
Deloitte offers global integrated professional services that include Audit & Assurance, Consulting, Financial Advisory, Legal, Risk Advisory and Tax Consulting. Our approach combines intellectual leadership, industrial expertise, insight, consulting & problem solving capabilities whatever the role, technology revolutions and innovation from multiple disciplines to help our clients excel anywhere in the world.
Beyond the UK: Deloitte North and South Europe
The UK is part of Deloitte North and South Europe (NSE), the second largest member firm in the Deloitte network. Deloitte NSE combines operations in Belgium, Central Mediterranean (Italy, Greece, Malta), Ireland, the Middle East (Bahrain, Cyprus, Egypt, Iraq, Jordan, Kuwait, Lebanon, Libya, Oman, Palestinian Ruled Territories, Qatar, Saudi Arabia, United Arab Emirates, Yemen), the Netherlands, the Nordics (Denmark, Finland, Iceland, Norway and Sweden), Switzerland and the UK. Deloitte NSE brings together 2,700 partners and over 50,000 people, combining our unmatched breadth and depth of capabilities in audit and assurance, consulting, financial advisory, risk advisory, and tax and legal across the region. Being part of Deloitte NSE supports our aspiration to be the undisputed leader in professional services and will create more opportunity and growth for our people.
What do we value?
What brings us all together at Deloitte? It’s how we approach the thousands of decisions we make every day. How we behave, our beliefs and our attitudes. In other words: our values. Whatever we do, wherever we are in the world, we lead the way, serve with integrity, take care of each other, foster inclusion, and collaborate for maximum impact. These five shared values lead every decision we make and action we take, guiding us to deliver impact how and where it matters most.
Being a Leader at Deloitte
Cultural fit and purpose-led leadership is crucial for Deloitte. Our leaders always set the example and inspire their colleagues. They make quality time for people and take an interest in them. They know what matters to people - both inside and outside work – and value them as individuals; always finding opportunities to develop them while showing respect and appreciation.
We expect colleagues at all levels to embrace and live our purpose and our leadership culture by challenging themselves to identify issues that are most important for our clients, our people, and for society and make an impact that matters. We know leadership comes in all shapes and sizes, but our Leadership Charter helps all of our people understand what we’re looking for:
- We live our purpose: we act as a role model, embracing and living our purpose and values, and recognising others for the impact they make
- We develop talent: we develop high-performing people and teams through challenging and meaningful opportunities
- We drive performance: we deliver exceptional client service; maximise results and drive high performance from people while fostering collaboration across businesses and borders
- We believe positive influence can make an impact that matters: we influence clients, teams, and individuals positively, leading by example and establishing confident relationships with increasingly senior people
- We move, together, towards a strategic direction: we understand key objectives for clients and Deloitte, aligning people to objectives and setting priorities and direction.
Please click 'Apply' to submit your application