.Net Junior Developer, Deloitte Ventures - Flexible working, Hybrid working, Returners
.Net Junior Developer, Deloitte Ventures, Financial Advisory
This is your opportunity to join Deloitte Ventures, an exciting and entrepreneurial part of the firm – the home of our product and engineering teams, as well as our venture incubators and studios. We bring together creative problem solvers, doers and makers from all walks of life, united by a drive to help make change happen – in our own business, and for our clients. Together, we see a better future. And then create it.
One way we do this is by listening to the common challenges our clients are facing, transforming early stage concepts into scalable technology solutions that deliver faster and better results for businesses all around the world.
Do you want to work with a diverse technology team delivering truly business-changing products?
If so, the Product Factory is somewhere that you can do just that.
We are at the heart of the strategic, long term and digitally-focused roadmap. We leverage the deep heritage of Deloitte and the amazing Intellectual Property within the firm to challenge the old and influence what is yet to happen.
We have the agility of a start-up, within the ecosystem of a $35bn global enterprise.
Deloitte supports Agile and Hybrid working
We encourage consideration of flexible ways of working, both formal and informal arrangements that allow for the best outcomes for our people and our clients. If this opportunity is of interest to you with some flexibility, please do discuss with us.
Are you looking to return to the workplace after an extended career break?
For this role we can offer coaching and support designed for returners to refresh your knowledge and skills, and help your transition back into the workplace after a career break of 2 years or more. If this is relevant for you, just let your recruiter know when you make your application.
The Product Factory, in London and St Albans, is a multi-location and highly diverse group that uses cloud-first, best of breed, software and technology to deliver innovative and impactful solutions to some of our clients most complex problems.
To support this exciting strategic initiative, this is your opportunity to join Deloitte's rapidly growing Product Factory team. The Product Factory harnesses innovative technology and the latest programming techniques to solve our clients' most complex and immediate issues. The team designs and builds innovative solutions to compliance and risk issues in the financial crime and regulatory fields and provide specialist services to large and complex data-driven projects throughout the wider firm.
Our rapidly expanding team comprises a group of specialists drawn from a wide range of different professional and technical backgrounds.
If your background is in development, you will find opportunities to both grow your portfolio of skills and lead at what you do best. In return for your continued success, interest and commitment, we will provide you with a variety of interesting tasks, a comprehensive training program and a structured career path.
As a Junior Developer, you will:
- Be an integral and collaborative member of a team building top-quality products and services;
- Be involved with the design, coding, testing, implementation, and documentation of solutions;
- Have an understanding and involvement in the complete development lifecycle for products and applications;
- Understand the importance of unit and test plans, constantly looking for opportunities to improve code quality;
- Evaluate new technologies to expand the scope of the team's work and identify opportunities for improvement and greater efficiency
- Be curious and want to develop your knowledge of current and future technologies and how they can be leveraged at Deloitte;
- Liaise closely with our Deloitte Cloud team to ensure our platforms align with company and global standards spending some time on location with the team.
Your work, your choice
At Deloitte we believe the best impact is the value we add, not the hours we sit at our desk. We carefully consider agile ways of working, both formal and informal, that allow for the best impact for our people and our clients. Please speak to your recruiter about the working pattern that works best for you.
Location: Your home office will be London/St Albans, with occasional travel to St Albans/London.
Work pattern: This is a permanent contract opportunity. Our team members work a variety of agile working patterns. Tell us what arrangement works for you and we'll try to accommodate.
Your professional experience
- .NET (C# preferred)
- Restful Services
- Agile framework (SCRUM preferred)
- Experience using project management and source control systems (e.g. Confluence / JIRA / GIT preferred)
- Testing Frameworks (e.g. unit testing, BDD, TDD)
- Experience in Angular 2+ or other framework
- CSS / SCSS
- Skills in one of the following: Java / Python
- Database design and development
- Relevant postgraduate or professional qualifications;
- Exposure to Cloud services such as AWS - Amazon Web Services (preferred) or Azure;
- Continuous Integration/Continuous Delivery Tools (e.g. Azure DevOps/TeamCity/Bamboo/Jenkins)
- Understanding of the financial services industry;
- Exposure to reporting and data visualisation tools (e.g. Microsoft SSRS, Tableau, Qlikview, D3)
Your service line: Financial Advisory
Advising clients in the moments that define their business takes multiple layers of expertise. Much more than due-diligence, this is about diverse teams of specialists coming together, crossing service lines and international borders to tackle the many, complex issues involved in major transactions. And we have one of the broadest networks in the business. Here, you'll find fascinating, career-building projects, market leading approaches, cutting-edge resources, huge clients and inspirational colleagues. As well as opportunities to develop a deep industry or product specialism.
Regulation and controls are standard practice in our industry and Deloitte is no exception. These controls provide important legal protection for both you and the firm. We are subject to a number of audit regulations, one of which requires that certain colleagues abide by specific personal independence constraints. This can mean that you and your "Immediate Family Members" are not permitted to hold certain financial interests (shares, funds, bonds etc.) with audit clients of the firm. The recruitment team will provide further detail as you progress through the recruitment process.
Our Purpose & Strategy
To make an impact that matters for our clients, our people and society - defines who we are and what we stand for. Our purpose provides the foundation for our strategy and our aspiration to be the undisputed leader in professional services: this is not about size, it's about being the first choice. The first choice for the largest and most influential clients, and the first choice for the best talent.
What do we do?
Deloitte offers global integrated professional services that include Audit & Assurance, Consulting, Financial Advisory, Legal, Risk Advisory and Tax Consulting. Our approach combines intellectual leadership, industrial expertise, insight, consulting & problem solving capabilities whatever the role, technology revolutions and innovation from multiple disciplines to help our clients excel anywhere in the world.
Beyond the UK: Deloitte North and South Europe
The UK is part of Deloitte North and South Europe (NSE), the second largest member firm in the Deloitte network. Deloitte NSE combines operations in Belgium, Central Mediterranean (Italy, Greece, Malta), Ireland, the Middle East (Bahrain, Cyprus, Egypt, Iraq, Jordan, Kuwait, Lebanon, Libya, Oman, Palestinian Ruled Territories, Qatar, Saudi Arabia, United Arab Emirates, Yemen), the Netherlands, the Nordics (Denmark, Finland, Iceland, Norway and Sweden), Switzerland and the UK. Deloitte NSE brings together 2,700 partners and over 50,000 people, combining our unmatched breadth and depth of capabilities in audit and assurance, consulting, financial advisory, risk advisory, and tax and legal across the region. Being part of Deloitte NSE supports our aspiration to be the undisputed leader in professional services and will create more opportunity and growth for our people.
What do we value?
What brings us all together at Deloitte? It’s how we approach the thousands of decisions we make every day. How we behave, our beliefs and our attitudes. In other words: our values. Whatever we do, wherever we are in the world, we lead the way, serve with integrity, take care of each other, foster inclusion, and collaborate for maximum impact. These five shared values lead every decision we make and action we take, guiding us to deliver impact how and where it matters most.
Being a Leader at Deloitte
Cultural fit and purpose-led leadership is crucial for Deloitte. Our leaders always set the example and inspire their colleagues. They make quality time for people and take an interest in them. They know what matters to people - both inside and outside work – and value them as individuals; always finding opportunities to develop them while showing respect and appreciation.
We expect colleagues at all levels to embrace and live our purpose and our leadership culture by challenging themselves to identify issues that are most important for our clients, our people, and for society and make an impact that matters. We know leadership comes in all shapes and sizes, but our Leadership Charter helps all of our people understand what we’re looking for:
- We live our purpose: we act as a role model, embracing and living our purpose and values, and recognising others for the impact they make
- We develop talent: we develop high-performing people and teams through challenging and meaningful opportunities
- We drive performance: we deliver exceptional client service; maximise results and drive high performance from people while fostering collaboration across businesses and borders
- We believe positive influence can make an impact that matters: we influence clients, teams, and individuals positively, leading by example and establishing confident relationships with increasingly senior people
- We move, together, towards a strategic direction: we understand key objectives for clients and Deloitte, aligning people to objectives and setting priorities and direction.
Please click 'Apply' to submit your application