Respiratory Health Care Professional Engagement Brand Manager - 12 FTC, Open to flexible working
We have a 12 month Fixed Term Contract for a Brand Manager within this UK Pharma Respiratory Marketing team for a passionate and driven individual with extensive event experience to optimise some of the national and international events, where GSK’s presence and engagement plan is led by the Health Care Professional Engagement team.
You will be responsible for ensuring the HCP customer experience journey of GSK respiratory events is engaging and maximises delegate attendance and engagement before, during and after the event. This secondment will be working with extended cross functional team, including the core brand team, the digital marketing team and the Meeting Centre of Excellence.
This secondment role will lead on specific projects including optimisation of COPD activities linked with the key ‘third party’ events including European Respiratory Society’s event in September, British Thoracic Society Winter meeting, and Primary Care Respiratory Society. The role will also become the project lead on how we optimise a new event platform for the COPD business, from a HCP delegate engagement and user journey perspective.
This remit includes optimising these national events for the broader HCP audience, for example – follow up plans from ERS for HCPs who did not actually attend the event itself.
In this role you will report to the HCPE Senior Brand Manager.
Given our evolving interface with HCPEs, driven in part by the recent Pandemic, the role of these projects and events is critical to the success of the broader organisation in 2022 and beyond. Engaging HCPEs with relevant content, through the appropriate channels, and in a user friendly format will be pivotal moving forward.
In this role you will
As part of the Respiratory, HCPE team Lead for the 2022 strategy, plan & execution:
- Bring insights and experience of HCP event engagement to the Respiratory COPD HCPE team
- Lead selected national third party HCPE events to drive optimum ROI from the HCPE programme and to support the sales expectation and financial objectives across the UK
- Collaborate effectively with extended UK team (brand marketing, digital, meeting centre of excellence, field force, medical) to ensure an aligned plan and optimised delivery
- Work as part of project team to launch platform (app or similar) to host GSK future events
- Work with our field HCPE lead network to optimise our events, through engagement and stakeholder management
- Responsible for ABPI Code compliance of HCPE marketing content for these events
- Lead the delivery of the content across all channels for these HCPE programme tactics
- Manage the relationship and project management with third party agencies to ensure on time delivery of agreed plan
- Lead on skills, and resources recommendations for Hybrid meetings for the sales force.
- Lead on Data Driven Customer Experience (DDCX) within HCPE team. Upskill wider team.
As national event lead, you use your experience, HCP insights and brand strategy to create recommendations:
- Recommend, align and prioritise our national events plan, including GSK virtual, hybrid, and face to face events
- Deep insights into reach and opportunity of different events
- Utilise your experience to maximise engagement with HCPs before, during and after the event
- Provide input on behalf of the respiratory team to our requirements for new online platform launch for hybrid and virtual meetings (app or similar)
Please take a copy of the Job Description, as this will not be available post closure of the advert.
When applying for this role, please use the ‘cover letter’ of the online application or your CV to describe how you meet the competencies for this role, as outlined in the job requirements above. The information that you have provided in your cover letter and CV will be used to assess your application.
During the course of your application you will be requested to complete voluntary information which will be used in monitoring the effectiveness of our equality and diversity policies. Your information will be treated as confidential and will not be used in any part of the selection process. If you require a reasonable adjustment to the application / selection process to enable you to demonstrate your ability to perform the job requirements, please contact 0808 234 4391. This will help us to understand any modifications we may need to make to support you throughout our selection process.
Qualifications & Skills:
We are looking for professionals with these required skills to achieve our goals:
- Significant and varied experience of working in event marketing / event organisation experience of pharmaceutical organised or sponsored HCP events
- Understanding of HCP engagement and hybrid event engagement optimisation
- Insight and experience of optimising HCP email consent through events
- Experience with event Project Management and leading key projects
- Strong understanding of the NHS and customer groups
- Good understanding of speaker-based activities, advocacy and development
- Advanced Powerpoint and excel experience. Ideally experience of event platform software.
- Preferable to have ABPI accreditation/training and Promomats experience
At GSK, we have delivered unprecedented change over the past four years - to improve R&D productivity and performance, transform commercial execution and to , strengthen our leadership and reshape our organisation. Now, we’re getting ready to deliver the most significant change to our company in over 20 years. We’re on track to separate and create two ambitious new companies in 2022: A new GSK with a leading portfolio of vaccines, speciality and general medicines, and R&D based on the science of the immune system and genetics; and a new world-leading consumer healthcare company built on brands and innovation and delivering better everyday health.
With new ambition comes new purpose. GSK will unite science, talent, and technology to get ahead of disease together. We’ll be a company where outstanding people thrive, delivering strong, sustainable returns to our shareholders and with the power to improve the health of more than 2.5 billion people over the next 10 years.
All of this depends on our people and our culture. A culture that is ambitious for patients – so we deliver what matters better and faster; where we are all accountable for our impact and supported to succeed; and where we do the right thing. So, if you share our ambition, join us at this exciting moment in our journey to get Ahead Together.
We have a broad portfolio of innovative and established medicines, which generated sales of £17 billion in 2020, that treat everything from COPD to lupus and urology, as well as more than 20 different vaccines, with revenues of over £7 billion, that help protect people at all stages of life in over 160 countries. We are a global leader in respiratory disease and HIV, and we’re developing our presence in specialty therapy areas, including oncology and immuno-inflammation. Our focus is to deliver better and faster for patients globally.
As a company driven by our values of Patient focus, Transparency, Respect and Integrity, we know inclusion and diversity are essential for us to be able to succeed. We want all our colleagues to thrive at GSK bringing their unique experiences, ensuring they feel good and to keep growing their careers. As a candidate for a role, we want you to feel the same way.
As an Equal Opportunity Employer, we are open to all talent. In the US, we also adhere to Affirmative Action principles. This ensures that all qualified applicants will receive equal consideration for employment without regard to race/ethnicity, colour, national origin, religion, gender, pregnancy, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, age, disability, genetic information, military service, covered/protected veteran status or any other federal, state or local protected class*(*US only).
We believe in an agile working culture for all our roles. If flexibility is important to you, we encourage you to explore with our hiring team what the opportunities are.
As you apply, we will ask you to share some personal information which is entirely voluntary. We want to have an opportunity to consider a diverse pool of qualified candidates and this information will assist us in meeting that objective and in understanding how well we are doing against our inclusion and diversity ambitions. We would really appreciate it if you could take a few moments to complete it. Rest assured, Hiring Managers do not have access to this information and we will treat your information confidentially.
Important notice to Employment businesses/ Agencies
GSK does not accept referrals from employment businesses and/or employment agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site. All employment businesses/agencies are required to contact GSK's commercial and general procurement/human resources department to obtain prior written authorization before referring any candidates to GSK. The obtaining of prior written authorization is a condition precedent to any agreement (verbal or written) between the employment business/ agency and GSK. In the absence of such written authorization being obtained any actions undertaken by the employment business/agency shall be deemed to have been performed without the consent or contractual agreement of GSK. GSK shall therefore not be liable for any fees arising from such actions or any fees arising from any referrals by employment businesses/agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site.