Immunologist, Open to flexibility
6 days left
- Contract Type
Immunologist, Open to flexibility
Within the ImmunoInflammation Therapy Area, the Cytokine, Chemokine and Complement Discovery Performance Unit (C3 DPU) provides an integrated focus for GSK in cytokines, chemokines and the complement system with a balanced portfolio of early stage drug discovery in the field of complement and clinical development programs targeting cytokine and chemokine biology. The C3 DPU strategy is to identify and validate therapeutic targets, to develop and optimise therapeutic molecules to these targets and conduct small, focused, experimental medicine proof of mechanism studies that establish a clear understanding between drug exposure, target occupancy, and pharmacodynamic effect.
We are looking to recruit several experienced scientists with expertise in complex cell culture systems, neuroimmunology, pain biology, immunology or pharmacology to help drive development of therapeutic molecules to treat immunoinflammatory diseases with a focus on mechanistic experimental and translational studies. Remuneration will be according to skills and experience.
To succeed in the roles, we are looking for candidates who are:
- Capable of working in a team and possess a good balance of creative, analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Maintain a disciplined approach, ensuring a relentless focus on quality, compliance, scientific rigour, data integrity and operational excellence
- Able to consider the bigger picture while also maintaining an appropriate attention to detail
- Able to communicate complete and accurate information while maintaining confidentiality
This is a senior laboratory-based position and the successful candidate will bring expertise in:
- Flow cytometry
- In vivo studies
- Cell biology and signalling
Experience in analysing and interpreting big datasets, including 'omics' data or expertise in neuroimmunology, would be an advantage.
- Perform and oversee research activities including assay development, complex co-culture cell systems and in vivo studies
- Be proactive in exploring the best approaches and work collaboratively to harness expertise within and outside of the business
- Lead internal and external collaborations
- Represent the DPU at scientific meetings
During the course of your application you will be requested to complete voluntary information which will be used in monitoring the effectiveness of our equality and diversity policies. Your information will be treated as confidential and will not be used in any part of the selection process.
If you require a reasonable adjustment to the application / selection process to enable you to demonstrate your ability to perform the job requirements please contact 0808 234 4391. This will help us to understand any modifications we may need to make to support you throughout our selection process.
Thank you for your interest in this opportunity.
- PhD in Immunology, Biomedical/Biological science or Pharmacology or equivalent experience
- Proven knowledge of immunology
- Team leadership experience or mentoring other scientists
At GSK, our mission is to improve the quality of human life by enabling people to do more, feel better and live longer. Our three world-leading businesses research and deliver innovative medicines, vaccines and consumer healthcare products. We need a talented and motivated workforce to deliver against our strategy. To achieve this, we strive to attract the best people and to create an environment that empowers and inspires.
You may apply for this position online by selecting the Apply now button.
Important notice to Employment businesses/ Agencies
GSK does not accept referrals from employment businesses and/or employment agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site. All employment businesses/agencies are required to contact GSK's commercial and general procurement/human resources department to obtain prior written authorisation before referring any candidates to GSK. The obtaining of prior written authorisation is a condition precedent to any agreement (verbal or written) between the employment business/ agency and GSK. In the absence of such written authorisation being obtained any actions undertaken by the employment business/agency shall be deemed to have been performed without the consent or contractual agreement of GSK. GSK shall therefore not be liable for any fees arising from such actions or any fees arising from any referrals by employment businesses/agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site.