Global Employee Relations Specialist - Investigations (Spanish speaking) - Open to flexible working
Diageo is the world’s leading premium drinks company with an outstanding diverse collection of brands, such as Johnnie Walker, Smirnoff, Baileys, Captain Morgan, Tanqueray and Guinness. Our purpose – Celebrating life, every day, everywhere – has an important role in our company, for our people, our diversity, our brands, in how we perform and how we create shared value. Feel inspired? Then this may be the opportunity for you.
About the role
Reporting to the Global Head of Employee Relations and Policy, this role is the key HR investigations lead within our Latin America and African business units, and will also more generally support out of market investigations globally.
To support this, you will be responsible for leading or supporting the conduct of complex HR investigations across Diageo globally, with a strong focus on conducting investigations in Latin America and Africa. You will do this in a way that demonstrates genuine care for our people, is committed to helping build an innovative and best in class employee relations function, and role models integrity and empathy. You will have strong analytical, communication, rapport building, and influencing skills; be organised and deadline driven; and be able to maintain high levels of confidentiality at all times.
Further duties include:
- Provide leadership in case management, including advising on and undertaking complex and senior HR investigations or disciplinary processes, and supporting any employment related litigation.
- Be self-directed and able to own and run an investigation to a high quality, end to end, within specified timeframes including interviewing witnesses, drafting investigations report and provide recommendations to the business on resolution of escalated ER cases.
- Be able to multi-task and conduct multiple investigations simultaneously.
- Be a trusted advisor to all levels of the business in providing experienced advice on employee relations, policy and compliance matters, including providing coaching, training and guidance to the broader Human Resources team.
- Develop market leading HR policies, processes and templates, maximising both internal and external best practice.
- Build employee relations capability within the Human Resources and business leadership teams relating to investigations and employee relations practices.
- Proactively challenge thinking based on your knowledge of ER strategy and trends, including through influencing senior stakeholders.
Experience required, skills or capabilities:
- Extensive experience in an employee relations role, or as a human resources professional with an employee relations speciality, in a corporate environment.
- Demonstrable track record in conducting workplace investigations to a high standard.
- Have strong plain English drafting skills.
- Have a flexible approach to hours to accommodate international time zones.
- Fluency in Spanish is strongly preferred.
- Experience in conducting investigations in a global or multi-jurisdictional environment.
- Excellent relationship management and communication skills with an ability to influence and form trusted relationships with executives, senior leaders, managers and employees at all levels.
- A resilient and optimistic approach, with the ability to work in a fast-paced environment leading a variety of priorities and stake.holder groups.
Celebrating our inclusive and diverse culture is core to Diageo’s purpose of “celebrating life every day everywhere”. This purpose is, in itself, inclusive in nature, as it values everybody irrespective of background, disability, religion, gender identity, sexuality or ethnicity.
We know that for our business to thrive and for Diageo to realize its ambition, we depend on having diverse talent with a range of backgrounds, skills and capabilities in each of the 180 countries in which we operate and to reflect our broad consumer base. We view diversity as one of the key enablers that helps our business to grow and our values, purpose and standards set the conditions for us to respect the unique contribution each person brings.
Flexibility is key to success in our business and many of our staff work flexibly in many different ways, including part-time, compressed hours, flexible location. Please talk to us about what flexibility means to you and don’t let anything stop you from applying.
Character Is Everything