Media & Digital Manager - Gins, Pimms, Baileys & Non Alc - Open to flexible working
The Media & Digital Manager will be working on some of our market leading brands within the Gins, liqueurs and specials and whisky categories including Gordon’s London Dry, Baileys, Pimms Tanqueray, Chase & Seedlip. Each brand has a key role to play in delivering the GB business ambition and with an exciting pipeline of innovation launches.
An outstanding opportunity for anyone with a real passion and flair for media planning & an understanding of the principles that drive growth. You will lead Diageo’s annual connection planning process to deliver market leading data driven media plans. Working hand in hand with our media agency partner PHD, you will design & deliver the full media and digital ecosystem - a proven foundation in the buying and execution of all media/digital channels is key.
A deep culture of performance marketing through the use of Diageo’s digital dashboards is critical so you can lead the ongoing optimisation strategies, sharing key insights to the brand marketing team in service of driving business growth. Analysing data and being able to share findings with your partners is a clear way is important.
- A multidisciplinary media expert responsible for delivering world class data-driven media plans for our brands that are activated beautifully
- Influencing and building capability in order to drive effective media planning that delivers category and brand growth
- Leading the annual Diageo connections planning process with PHD our agency partner and marketing teams delivering strategies
- Ensuring all brand plans across the portfolio align with our global media standards
- Lead on developing media optimisation strategies through Diageo’s performance dashboards and lead on creative optimisations
- Work with partners to influence media investments decisions
- Ensure all activity operates 100% ‘no dead ends’ across our consumer's journey
- Ensure appropriate use of data, insight & econometrics as part of the connections planning process and ongoing optimisations to drive business performance
- Media leadership: Influence decisions at all levels internally and externally with maturity
- Understand the principles to drive recruitment/Re-recruitment within media – both from a shopper and consumer perspective for the brands
- Physical Availability - the ability to see, find and trigger associated memories in a buying context, all resulting in success at the point of purchase
Ideal experiences / Qualifications / capabilities
- Deep understanding of how media works within a CPG business model and the P&L levers that enable growth
- Consistent record on the right buying strategies within across media channels to deliver growth
- Curious about consumers; understand consumer behaviour across all media channels and an eye on the future to ensure Diageo is always at forefront of change
- Be externally obsessed – first to act on insight and fast to implement implications with internal and external agency partners to deliver business growth
- Strong collaborator who enjoy working in a fast-paced environment. Always ready to roll-up your sleeves and get things done and is unflappable in the face of change providing clear routes forward
- 5 years+ experience in planning media
- Ability to craft media planning strategies and activations that have delivered YoY growth
- Digitally savvy: strategic planning ability across all digital channels and platforms (social, display, video, PPC etc) understanding the roles each plays within the consumer journey
We offer a brilliant rewards and benefits package. Some of our favourite benefits are 28 days of holiday (you can buy additional days), share schemes, a competitive bonus, product allowance to spend on our amazing brands & an unrivalled pension scheme (up to 14% company contribution) and a lot more…
This is key to success in our business and many of our staff work flexibly in many different ways, including part-time and compressed hours. Please talk to us about what flexibility means to you and don’t let anything stop you from applying.
Celebrating our inclusive and diverse culture is core to Diageo’s purpose of “celebrating life every day everywhere”. This purpose is, in itself, inclusive in nature, as it values everybody irrespective of background, disability, religion, gender identity, sexuality or ethnicity.
We know that for Diageo to thrive and for Diageo to realize its ambition, we depend on having diverse talent with a range of backgrounds, skills and capabilities in each of the 180 countries in which we operate and to reflect our broad consumer base. We view diversity as one of the key enablers that helps our business to grow and our values, purpose and standards set the conditions for us to respect the unique contribution each person brings.