Manager, M&A Tax and/or Private Equity/Funds - Open to flexible working
Join EY Tax as a tax professional and you’ll be helping international and multinational companies align their global tax position with their business strategy, in order to maintain competitive advantage and provide shareholder value.
EY’s Financial Services (FS) Tax practice is the largest such practice in the UK with a fine reputation for sector expertise and close, trusted adviser, relationships across a broad range of FS clients including globally systemic financial institutions and niche new market entrants and disruptors. EY’s FS practice is run on an EMEIA basis providing market differentiated capability for seamless client service on the Europe-wide tax advisory projects which the market is demanding.
The UK FS International and Transaction Tax Services (ITTS) team comprises 75 professionals, mainly in London but also in Edinburgh and Leeds and combines international tax services (encompassing all technical corporate tax advisory services) with transaction tax services (M&A / deals tax). This team structure, introduced on a global EY basis in 2019, provides a cross-fertilisation of tax advisory services and provides rich career prospects for those with an aptitude for providing tax advice to the FS market.
The ITTS team advises a wide range of clients across the Banking, Insurance and Wealth & Asset Management sectors, including having advised on many high-profile transactions and deals reported in the press over the past few years with top FS multinationals. Our partners are well known and respected in the market and the work is technically challenging, creative and requires you to work closely with our clients’ businesses.
This is a period of unprecedented change in the global international tax arena, which is resulting in huge demand in the market for specialised tax advisory services.
We have ambitious growth plans in our FS ITTS team. If you’re a manager with an interest in Banking, Insurance and/or Wealth & Asset Management and want to further develop or build on your industry knowledge, you can be certain that as a Tax Manager within our team you’ll be joining a group which offers you unrivalled opportunities to work on a broad range of advisory opportunities from smaller inbound clients to huge multinationals.
EY’s global merger of its International Tax and Transaction Tax teams means that ITTS professionals can also advise on the structuring aspects of some of the largest corporate M&A deals and due to this unique structure, we can offer variety and/or specialism. Professionals in our team may work across our sub-sectors; Banking, Insurance, Wealth & Asset Management; or may specialise in any one of these.
Your key responsibilities
- Contributing to building and maintaining key client relationships by delivering exceptional client service - manage the successful delivery of tax projects, ensuring technical excellence and practical/business driven approach taken.
- Identifying and driving opportunities - use your knowledge gained from other projects, our technical training and our knowledge sharing sessions to add input to projects and proposals
- Building your own strong client and internal relationships - develop and use your relationship skills to create your own external and internal networks in the Banking, Insurance or Wealth & Asset Management markets
- Counsel and develop junior staff through delegation and on the job training
Skills and attributes for success
- Strong tax advisory technical skills
- Client driven and strategically and commercially aware
- Excellent communicator in a range of situations both written and oral.
- Enthusiastic and flexible attitude to work
- Motivated and collaborative team player
- Coaching and developing more junior staff
To qualify for the role, you must have
- Expertise in international tax
- Any of the following preferred: ACA / CTA / legal qualification or equivalent
- Previous people management experience
- Experience of coaching and developing more junior team members
- Experience of working with financial services clients
Ideally, you’ll also have
- Project management skills, plan and prioritize work, meet deadlines, monitor own budget
What we look for
We’re interested to hear from highly motivated individuals who are open to expanding their network and pursuing a medium to long-term career in Corporate Tax at EY.
What working at EY offers
We offer a competitive remuneration package. Our comprehensive Total Rewards package includes support for flexible working and career development, and with FlexEY you can select benefits that suit your needs, covering holidays, health and well-being, insurance, savings and a wide range of discounts, offers and promotions. Plus, we offer:
- Support and coaching from some of the most engaging colleagues around
- Opportunities to develop new skills and progress your career
- The freedom and flexibility to handle your role in a way that’s right for you
EY is committed to being an inclusive employer and we are happy to consider flexible working arrangements. We strive to achieve the right balance for our people, enabling us to deliver excellent client service whilst allowing you to build your career without sacrificing your personal priorities. While our client-facing professionals can be required to travel regularly, and at times be based at client sites, our flexible working arrangements can help you to achieve a lifestyle balance.
As a global leader in assurance, tax, transaction and advisory services, we’re using the finance products, expertise and systems we’ve developed to build a better working world. That starts with a culture that believes in giving you the training, opportunities and creative freedom to make things better. Whenever you join, however long you stay, the exceptional EY experience lasts a lifetime. And with a commitment to hiring and developing the most passionate people, we’ll make our ambition to be the best employer by 2020 a reality.
If you can confidently demonstrate that you meet the criteria above, please contact us as soon as possible.
Join us in building a better working world.