Senior Consultant, Technology Delivery (Financial Services) - Open to flexible working
Senior Consultant, Technology Delivery (Financial Services), Consulting
Deloitte’s Financial Services (FS) Technology Delivery team works at the forefront of digital innovation and technology change within the Financial Services Industry. Our clients range from global banks and insurers to challenger banks and FinTech’s. We work in partnership with our clients on some of their most strategic technology programmes. These range from core platform modernisation through to building brand new digital propositions and cloud solutions.
As part of our FS Technology Delivery team, you’ll be working in multi-disciplinary teams to help our clients define, shape and execute some of their most complex Technology projects. We typically work with our clients across the entire delivery lifecycle; from strategy and proposition definition, through to design, engineering, release and refinement. We go beyond typical advisory work to deliver customer and market impacting solutions with our clients. Within our team you will have the opportunity to work alongside and collaborate with industry experts as well as having access to a range of both internal and industry certified learning courses and qualifications.
If you want to be part of our growing team, and help rethink how Financial Services Technology is delivered, we would be delighted to hear from you.
Want to work with the latest technologies, as part of a team helping international organisations transform their core business capabilities? Whether you’re working with on-premise systems, Cloud technology, or custom-developed solutions (to name just a few), your expertise will help clients deliver continuous improvement and innovation, from initial design right through to implementation and optimization.
- Working with Product Owners, Business Analysts, and implementation teams to provide technical requirements and technical designs to support overall functional and technical implementation
- Understanding how changes in the market will impact our Financial Services clients to improve their customer propositions
- Managing the software development lifecycle from requirement definition through to an implementation/product launch and collaborating with different stakeholders to achieve the clients desired outcome.
- Establishing guidelines and ways of working for project delivery, through both waterfall and agile methodologies.
- Managing technical, engineering and test teams – running daily stand-ups and ceremonies and tracking delivery using agile tools such as Jira.
- Helping clients to re-imagine what modern deployment and release management processes may look like using DevSecOps principles, tooling and operating models
- Working closely with key internal and client stakeholders and effectively demonstrating people management skills
- Working within diverse teams to help deliver measurable business outcomes to achieve our client’s vision and reshape the future of the Financial Services industry.
- Developing and maintaining effective relationships with peer-level stakeholders across all business workstreams internally, with our clients, and with our partners.
- Supporting business development work for our key propositions through pre-sales, bid preparation and client presentations. Showcasing our knowledge and experience whilst building relationships with potential clients.
- Participating fully within Deloitte to assist the growth of the Technology Delivery team, develop and guide junior colleagues, and supporting the firm's commitment to creating a more diverse and inclusive culture.
Your work, your choice
At Deloitte we believe the best impact is the value we add, not the hours we sit at our desk. We carefully consider agile ways of working, both formal and informal, that allow for the best impact for our people and our clients. Please speak to your recruiter about the working pattern that works best for you.
Location: Your home office will be London, but this client-facing role provides lots of opportunity for travel in the UK and overseas.
Work pattern: This is a permanent opportunity. Although, our team members work a variety of agile working patterns. Tell us what arrangement works for you and we will try to accommodate.
Your professional experience
- Experience working with Financial Services, FinTech, InsurTech, Product Business or Consulting firm, with a track record of high performance
- Experience of successfully managing small teams in a project delivery capacity within Financial Services industry
- Experience of building and maintaining relationships with business and technical stakeholders
- Experience of guiding and coaching junior talent and helping them to reach their full potential
- Ability to capture End user requirements and translate these into technical EPICs
- Experience in working with business analysts and technical stakeholders to create and shape technical solution designs, leveraging the latest thinking on architectural approaches, e.g. modular architecture
- Strong and specialised experience and understanding of Financial Services products, processes, and technologies in areas such as:
- Digital channels including, but not limited to; mobile and web
- Digital platforms and technologies including, but not limited to; cloud, API/Microservices, data and analytics
- Appreciation of emerging technology and trends in Financial Services with an understanding and knowledge of different players in the Financial Services ecosystem; ranging from FinTech’s/InsurTech’s to established global technology providers.
- Strong proficiency in key day to day applications such as Microsoft Office, Jira and Confluence
Preferably you will also have:
- Industry certifications such as Scrum Master, Product Owner, BCS, ITIL, TOGAF, and Cloud certifications such as AWS/GCP/Azure among others
- Proficiency or experience with a software development language e.g. Java, Python, SQL, HTML, JSON
Your service line: Consulting
Our people and the way we work are the two things that set us apart in the consulting universe. For us, collaboration is fundamental to success, along with an unrivalled depth and breadth of expertise. We work closely with our clients and each other, at every stage of every project, solving our clients’ trickiest problems with a mix of knowledge, creativity and intellectual rigor. A hugely diverse range of clients rely on us to deliver the kind of change that adds genuine, lasting value to their business.
Regulation and controls are standard practice in our industry and Deloitte is no exception. These controls provide important legal protection for both you and the firm. We are subject to a number of audit regulations, one of which requires that certain colleagues abide by specific personal independence constraints. This can mean that you and your "Immediate Family Members" are not permitted to hold certain financial interests (shares, funds, bonds etc.) with audit clients of the firm. The recruitment team will provide further detail as you progress through the recruitment process.
Our Purpose & Strategy
To make an impact that matters for our clients, our people and society - defines who we are and what we stand for. Our purpose provides the foundation for our strategy and our aspiration to be the undisputed leader in professional services: this is not about size, it's about being the first choice. The first choice for the largest and most influential clients, and the first choice for the best talent.
What do we do?
Deloitte offers global integrated professional services that include Audit & Assurance, Consulting, Financial Advisory, Legal, Risk Advisory and Tax Consulting. Our approach combines intellectual leadership, industrial expertise, insight, consulting & problem solving capabilities whatever the role, technology revolutions and innovation from multiple disciplines to help our clients excel anywhere in the world.
Beyond the UK: Deloitte North and South Europe
The UK is part of Deloitte North and South Europe (NSE), the second largest member firm in the Deloitte network. Deloitte NSE combines operations in Belgium, Central Mediterranean (Italy, Greece, Malta), Ireland, the Middle East (Bahrain, Cyprus, Egypt, Iraq, Jordan, Kuwait, Lebanon, Libya, Oman, Palestinian Ruled Territories, Qatar, Saudi Arabia, United Arab Emirates, Yemen), the Netherlands, the Nordics (Denmark, Finland, Iceland, Norway and Sweden), Switzerland and the UK. Deloitte NSE brings together 2,700 partners and over 50,000 people, combining our unmatched breadth and depth of capabilities in audit and assurance, consulting, financial advisory, risk advisory, and tax and legal across the region. Being part of Deloitte NSE supports our aspiration to be the undisputed leader in professional services and will create more opportunity and growth for our people.
What do we value?
What brings us all together at Deloitte? It’s how we approach the thousands of decisions we make every day. How we behave, our beliefs and our attitudes. In other words: our values. Whatever we do, wherever we are in the world, we lead the way, serve with integrity, take care of each other, foster inclusion, and collaborate for maximum impact. These five shared values lead every decision we make and action we take, guiding us to deliver impact how and where it matters most.
Being a Leader at Deloitte
Cultural fit and purpose-led leadership is crucial for Deloitte. Our leaders always set the example and inspire their colleagues. They make quality time for people and take an interest in them. They know what matters to people - both inside and outside work – and value them as individuals; always finding opportunities to develop them while showing respect and appreciation.
We expect colleagues at all levels to embrace and live our purpose and our leadership culture by challenging themselves to identify issues that are most important for our clients, our people, and for society and make an impact that matters. We know leadership comes in all shapes and sizes, but our Leadership Charter helps all of our people understand what we’re looking for:
- We live our purpose: we act as a role model, embracing and living our purpose and values, and recognising others for the impact they make
- We develop talent: we develop high-performing people and teams through challenging and meaningful opportunities
- We drive performance: we deliver exceptional client service; maximise results and drive high performance from people while fostering collaboration across businesses and borders
- We believe positive influence can make an impact that matters: we influence clients, teams, and individuals positively, leading by example and establishing confident relationships with increasingly senior people
- We move, together, towards a strategic direction: we understand key objectives for clients and Deloitte, aligning people to objectives and setting priorities and direction.
Please click 'Apply' to submit your application