Financial Controller - Part time 3 days per week, hybrid working
A thriving Charity organisation are looking for a Financial Controller to join their team. They exist to present great cultural experiences that bring people together and they achieve this by providing the space for artists to create and present their best work and by creating a place where as many people as possible can come together to experience bold, unusual and eye-opening work.
- Work with the Finance Director and Head of Financial Planning and Analysis to lead a co-ordinated finance department in line with departmental and corporate strategy.
- Lead the financial accounting team comprising Accounts Receivable, Accounts Payable and Payroll.
- Develop, maintain and embed appropriate financial systems, processes, controls and policies across the organisation.
- Ensure the balance sheet accurately reflects the company’s assets, liabilities and reserves.
- Ensure compliance with accounting, tax and charity law and regulation, leading the external financial reporting and audit process and managing the key compliance relationships with auditors, DCMS, HMRC, Charity Commission and other regulators.
- Monitor and manage cash flow, cash deposits, loan obligations, debtors and payment procedures
- Undertake or delegate other tasks and projects as directed by the Finance Director.
- Qualified ACA or equivalent
- Experience of working in a Financial Controller role in a medium-sized complex organisation, including relationship management (auditors and tax advisors)
- Experience of charity accounting, including law, tax and VAT issues relevant to charities
- Experience of leading a team (6-9), with a collegiate management style
- A high level of numerical skills with excellent attention to detail
- Good IT skills, including intermediate Excel skills
- Experience of financial statement preparation under the SORP on Charity Accounting.
- A pro-active approach and experience of implementing change
- Confidence in working with people at all levels of the organisation, the ability to understand the viewpoints of non-finance staff and ability to be flexible where possible but firm where necessary
- Excellent communication skills in person and in writing
- Experience of reviewing, implementing and improving financial controls.
Flexibility: 3 days per week with 2 days in the office and 1 day remote
Location: London / Remote
Salary: £55,000 - £60,000 FTE